Praise for HSBC

Options
Probably not the right place for this but felt I should post about a good experience with my bank. I arranged for a transfer from ING to my HSBC account for £8k. Unfortunately, on the computer I did it the wrong way round so it went from HSBC to ING. I was quite unaware of this until the day it went through I got a call from HSBC asking me if I was sure that's what I wanted to do. Of course, I said no and they said no problem we'll cancel it for you. Made my day. Didn't have to do it I guess. Maybe they thought it was fraud but still impressed.

Comments

• realaledrinker
    Options
    You must have an impressive overdraft facility for the transfer to have been accepted in the first place!
    Ethical moneysaver
  • jb478914
    Options
    I have always found that HSBC do go that extra mile in customer service when things go wrong. Famous for great customer service.
  • Lyncroft
    Lyncroft Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Overdraft facility of £400.
  • gooismeid
    gooismeid Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    I agree - I keep a current account with HSBC for my family allowance (or whatever it's called these days), it's a hangover from when I was less enlightened - first bank account I ever had! And several times I've screwed up paying in cheques by using the wrong sort code, or whatever, and a call to the bank has usually put it right even though it's through a call centre and I wouldn't know my own branch manager if s/he hit me with a wet haddock. Lousy interest rates but top marks for customer service. Their online banking facility is one of the easiest and best laid out as well.
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.
  • DemiDee
    DemiDee Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had great service from HSBC for the past three years and couldn't fault them. When we were struggling as ftbs for a mortgage, an Alliance and Leicester mortgage advisor said, 'as graduates, you both need to get better jobs', and I was in and out of that meeting within five minutes. An hour later, I had almost given up, but on passing HSBC, it said in their window that they would give £25 if they couldn't offer a mortgage. I felt I needed cheering up after the experience with A&L, so went in to claim my £25, coming out two hours later all mortgaged up! Within six months, our house price had doubled. It is thanks to HSBC that we now have a lovely house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure