Vodafone complaints

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi cs7bad,

That's not good to hear!

Has this been sorted out for you now? If not, you can email me via the address here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject and a link to this thread. I will be more than happy to help sort it out.

Kind regards,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I cancelled my Vodafone contract in April. In June they took £123.46 out of my bank account. I understand this is a Early Termination Fee but I have been trying to get a break down of how they arrive at this figure. Here are the exchange of emails that have been going back and forth. I know I might sound a bit abrupt in some of them (I have a problem with service providers assuming they know me well enough to call me by my first name!) but I think I've been clear about what I want. They actually sent me a paper bill last week - for £0.00 and no details anywhere of what they've taken out of my account. The level of incompetence is frightening.

Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2011 1:23 PM
    To:
    Subject: Re: End my Contract [#6192996]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Simon [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I am sorry to learn that you wish to cancel your number .[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If you are unhappy with your handset or tariff; have you tried looking at our website for upgrades[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]? We have a selection of great offers available to our existing customers.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'd like to confirm we've received your request. For cancellation of your number, we require 30 days notice. As per your request, I have scheduled your number for cancellation on 16/05/2011.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You’ll receive your bill at your usual time after the above number gets cancelled. This bill will consist the line rental and usage charge if any until the cancellation date.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I trust you find the above information helpful.[/FONT]
    Kind regards,
    Piyush Jain
    Vodafone Customer Services

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]7 July 2011[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Emai lto Vodafone[/FONT]

Dear Sirs,
    As per your confirmation you can see that my pay monthly contract was cancelled on 16 May 2011.
    My bank account was debited with £27.13 on April 19 and £14.17 on May 19. Both of these charges I understand as my final bills.
    However on June 21 Vodafone took £123.46 from my account – please can you explain why?
    Kind regards
    Simon Dyer

Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 12:49 PM
    To:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hello Simon,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Vodafone customer support.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This is the charge for the early cancellation of the contract that you had with Vodafone for subscription number ; the contract period was from 13/11/2009 to 12/11/2011 24 months; however you have terminated your contract on 16/05/2011; so you have charged for an early termination fee £123.46.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I trust that the above information is helpful.[/FONT]
    Kind regards,
    Navrang Thapa

8 July 2011 – email reply to Vodafone
    Please can you send me a breakdown of how this figure is arrived at – the money has simply been taken from my account with no information provided to me. No mention of this charge was made by Piyush Jain at Vodafone when I requested details of how to cancel my contract. Please do not tell me I could look on-line because Vodafone cancelled my ability to look at my account on-line.
    Mr Dyer

Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:14 PM
    To:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for writing to Vodafone Customer Services in regards to bills.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I am sorry for inconvenience. I can confirm that the charges have been billed for Early Termination Fees in your bill. The charge is of £123.46. There are no other charges besides these. The charge has been billed because the contract was cancelled before the contract end date. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I trust the above information is helpful. [/FONT]
    Kind regards,
    Ravi Sabhachandani

11 July 2011 – Email reply to Vodafone
    I have asked for a breakdown of how this fee is arrived at. Please forward this to me.
    Simon Dyer

Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:16 AM
    To:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I understand your concern.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have checked your account and can confirm that you have been charged £123.46 for canceling the contract before the contract expires.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here is the quick break down for your bill:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Usage charges[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Calls: £0.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Additional Charges[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Charge for cancellation[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]prior to contract end date: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]16 May[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]£123.46[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Total before VAT: £123.46[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]VAT: £0.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Total: £123.46[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Kind Regards,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Krupali Barot[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Vodafone customer services[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]12 July 2011 – Email reply to Vodafone[/FONT]

You are not understanding my question. I have asked for how the figure is £123.46 – how is this figure arrived at? For example, why is it not £10 or £200. Why is it £123.46.
    I would like a breakdown to show how the figure of £123.46is worked out. This is the third time I have asked for this.
    Simon Dyer

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:20 PM
    To:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I viewed your account for mobile number and notice that your bill for the month of June,2011 is of £123.46[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mention below is the breakdown of your bill : [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Calls: £00.00[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Charges of cancellation prior to contract end date (ETF): £123.46[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Total bill: £123.46[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You have been charged only for the Early Termination Fee (ETF) as you had cancelled your contract before contract end date. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I trust that the above information is helpful to you.[/FONT]
    Kind regards,
    Wineeta Chandnani

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]13 July 2011 – Email reply to Vodafone[/FONT]
    For the fourth time of asking. I know the ETF is £123.46. You have not provided a breakdown. You have just told me the charge is £123.46.
    What I want to know is how this figure is worked out. It is a simple question. What charges make up the £123.46? I don’t want to know it is the Early Termination Fee – I know this
    already. What I want to know is how you work it out to be £123.46.
    Please answer this very simple question.
    Simon Dyer

18 July 2011 – Email to Vodafone
    I refer to my email of 13 July – please may I have a reply. I have asked several times for a breakdown of how the £123.46 is worked out. I cannot believe it is so difficult to
    provide me with an answer. Vodafone were very quick to take the money out of my account but have so far failed to provide me with a statement or breakdown. of the figure.
    Simon Dyer

What do I need to do to get my question answered? They're so happy to take the money out of your account - as I've said in one of my emails, as soon as my contract was cancelled, I was unable to look at my account on-line.

I am now with Orange and finding their customer care (so far) okay.

P.S. "Ericsmummy is my wife!"
  • Techhead_2
    Techhead_2 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Calculation would have been a better word to use than breakdown, for I can see where the confusion lies.

You can see a description of how early termination fees are calculated on the OFCOM website (the regulator), basically you are paying off the amount you would have paid had you not cancelled early plus any expenses incurred minus any value which can be re-couped.
  • Made the awful mistake of looking at Vodafone's site for a mobile for my nephew - i selected a phone and put my details in and then decided i must be crazy to even consider them and went with my provider [T-Mobile] who i have never had any problems with. Since then i have been getting around 8 calls a day on my mobile from Vodafone - When i call the number back it states that Vodafone have tried to contact me, I looked up the number online and there are pages of complaints from people saying they are getting call after call from Vodafone from the same number and also when i answer the phone to take the call it either cuts off or i am left saying 'Hello' with no answer!! Just another reason to never go with Vodafone.

The number that keeps calling me is - 08080600702

Already today i have had calls on my mobile at 12.34, 14.59, 15.18, 16.45, 17.28, 19.42 & 19.55!!! Is this not harassment!!?
    :dance:Quidco Payments In 2011 - £724.21 :dance:

June: £43.15/July: £51.22/August: £90.60/September: £29.75/October: £284.07/November: £171.08/December: £29.22
  • The answer to all this is.....

Move to GiffGaff!
  • The answer to all this is.....

Move to GiffGaff!

:rotfl:If i was 15 i would consider it - Their site/forum puts me off and their advertising via its users smacks of desperation! I am sure they are fine and offer good network coverage etc, but ill stick with a contract for now.
    :dance:Quidco Payments In 2011 - £724.21 :dance:

June: £43.15/July: £51.22/August: £90.60/September: £29.75/October: £284.07/November: £171.08/December: £29.22
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Made the awful mistake of looking at Vodafone's site for a mobile for my nephew - i selected a phone and put my details in and then decided i must be crazy to even consider them and went with my provider [T-Mobile] who i have never had any problems with. Since then i have been getting around 8 calls a day on my mobile from Vodafone - When i call the number back it states that Vodafone have tried to contact me, I looked up the number online and there are pages of complaints from people saying they are getting call after call from Vodafone from the same number and also when i answer the phone to take the call it either cuts off or i am left saying 'Hello' with no answer!! Just another reason to never go with Vodafone.

The number that keeps calling me is - 08080600702

Already today i have had calls on my mobile at 12.34, 14.59, 15.18, 16.45, 17.28, 19.42 & 19.55!!! Is this not harassment!!?

Far too many places do that; they have an automatic dialler that dials x people at the same time. The first person to pick up gets to talk to somebody, the rest get a lucky escape.
  • Far too many places do that; they have an automatic dialler that dials x people at the same time. The first person to pick up gets to talk to somebody, the rest get a lucky escape.

That's why if it's a non-local number I let it ring 2-3 times before I pick it up
    baldly going on...
  • Tigersilly
    Tigersilly Posts: 376 Forumite
    Dear Heidi,

I have been a loyal Vodafone customer for 6 years now but a number of problems have occurred:

1) Constant overcharging for sms messages from Jan 2010 - present for the sum of £150 (which I have now been told this will finally be refunded after receiving very inconsistent advice from an Egyptian call centre). I also cannot access my itemized bills online further back than March 2011.
    2) After ringing up for an upgrade I agreed to an 18 month contract but was then called back 20 minutes later to be told that it was in fact a 24 month contract I had agreed to.
    3) The upgrade phone I received was not the colour agreed (I asked for a chrome HTC Desire S and received the red) and I needed to ring up to arrange a swap.
    4) I thus arranged for an phone exchange to occur on Tuesday 18th July and it was just by sheer luck that I was in on 17th July when it arrived.
    5) I have just received an invoice for £7.68 in the post for delivery charges for the Red HTC Desire S. Aside from the fact that this phone was delivered to me by mistake, I was not informed that I had to pay anything for 'weekday delivery - £4.12' or the 'HTC Desire S Red Contract - £2.28' + '£1.28 VAT'!!

I am really unhappy with the service received at Vodafone and the amount of time I have had to spend rectifying mistakes made. I am beginning to feel that taking my custom to T-Mobile may be the best option because I am beginning to lose trust in Vodafone. If I decide to stay with Vodafone, I feel that I should really be entitled to some form of compensation, as it's not fair to be treated in this way. I suggest either 6 months free on my newly upgraded contract, or a switch back to the 18 month contract I originally agreed upon.

Please help me to find a reason for why I should remain loyal to Vodafone.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi ericsmummy,

I can certainly see where your frustration lies. So that I can answer this for you and give you a detailed breakdown of exactly how we have come to this figure, drop me an email to the address shown here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject and include a link to this thread.

Hi MorrisonsEmployee,

So that I can have your number taken out of our call list, could you also email into me via the above instructions. I can understand that these calls can be frustrating if they are unwanted.

Kind regards,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure