Textbroker - Writing for money (not vouchers)

Comments

• Catriona_P wrote: »
    I've got to ask how people get Direct orders, I havn't had any :( I've done about 10 articles in total, all rated 4*, but no direct orders. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Currently writing something on easy to keep exotic plants :D

I got mine by a satisfied client coming back for more of the same (well, similar :D) but in theory a well turned out author profile ought to drag in DOs too.

I had some exotic plants once, but they weren't easy to keep. Not once the police found out about them :rotfl:
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • hi, i'm in the process of registering with textbroker and they've sent me an email asking me to scan photo id - i'm naturally suspicious (not paranoid!) and wondered if this is usual?

thanks
  • Maid - this is NOT usual (at least it didn't happen when I registered, and no one else here has mentioned doing so, either). I would double check everything very carefully. Look at all the URLs you've visited - are they consistent? Can you confirm you've applied via textbroker.co.uk ?

I can't see any valid reason for them to need photo ID at all. Don't do it.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone - Thoreau
  • thanks for very speedy reply, everything looked legit so i called the number on their website (birmingham i think), apparently it's a fraud prevention measure. anyway she verified me on the phone instead so i dont need to send anything now. i will remain suspicious until proven otherwise :-)

thanks again
  • Just to say I too signed up within the last week but didn't have an ID verification. If you've contacted the number of the TB website though you should be fine.
    Frustrated to not have any 3* jobs around. Currently 5 4*'s just popped up and can't get to them yet.
    Patience is a virtue...
  • Ian4996
    Ian4996 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Hi everyone.

Totally new to this but definitely fancy giving it a go.

Couple questions though - firstly, how often does your work tend to get knocked back? Putting the work in for 2 or 3 hours only to have someone say 'no, I don't want that' would really hack me off!

And I might be being a bit cynical here, but is there anything to stop someone copying and pasting your work, and then rejecting it, in order to get it for free?

Cheers
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ian4996 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Totally new to this but definitely fancy giving it a go.

Couple questions though - firstly, how often does your work tend to get knocked back? Putting the work in for 2 or 3 hours only to have someone say 'no, I don't want that' would really hack me off!

And I might be being a bit cynical here, but is there anything to stop someone copying and pasting your work, and then rejecting it, in order to get it for free?

Cheers
    I've done 20 articles for them and not had any rejected. I've had amendments requested on 3 I think: 1 was just asking for web links to items that I'd mentioned, 1 wanted it re-writing in the 3rd person (wish they had said this at the start) and 1 wanted some bits removing. After the amendments, they were all accepted.

So I don't think people are taking work for free as you suggested, I expect that Textbroker have procedures stopping this from happening.
  • Welcome, Ian4996

cte1111 is right - I've had all of my first 23 articles accepted (2 more waiting) and only had one revision request, which you'll find further up the thread, due to the client being a bit confuzzled :D

Bear in mind textbroker take a cut, too, so they are fully incentivised to prevent clients ripping off the writers.

Definitely give it a go. It's all above board and reliable, textbroker support is speedy and to the point if needed, and I certainly have no regrets about doing it. And you can earn some worthwhile money, I've made 100 Euro since I started last month, payments go out exactly as promised. Pick your jobs right and it's really quite interesting to do.

Good luck :beer:
  • Ian4996
    Ian4996 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll get signed up!
  • mel12
    mel12 Posts: 298 Forumite
    Hi, I've been reading this for a while but not posted yet. I've been doing textbroker articles for about 5 weeks.

I've got up to 39 articles without getting ratings for any of them yet - I think the loophole was I started writing a 6th article before the 5th was accepted by the client. But I'd really like to get some ratings and try and get up to 4*, I'm wondering if I should start chasing them about it - how long has anyone else had to wait for ratings?

PS Ian4996 - I've had 3 rewrites from 39 articles, all of which were accepted after revisions.
    Only after the last tree has been cut down,
    Only after the last river has been poisoned,
    Only after the last fish has been caught,
    Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business