Need to find £1,000 quickly!

Comments

• Good luck!! Will post if I can think of anymore!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Sorry, try this link for the Grassroots one:

https://www.grgresearch.com/default.htm

For the TNS one, type in mystery shopping into the search box and it will come up with the page, I have tried to post the direct link but it doesn't come up properly.

Emily x :A
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is your credit rating any good?
    Could you borrow the money off a 0% credit card.

Obviously you will need to be disciplined but you can get money fairly quickly this way (couple of weeks).
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    but it wouldnt be 0% if you do cash advances, they never are 0%, usually something like 20%....

Careful....
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Miffi_2
    Miffi_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Thanks Emily
    I've looked on the grassroots sites and they ask me for my bank details. Have you registered and worked for them, it is all legit isn't it?
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    lisyloo wrote:

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

I'm hoping you mean transfer a balance onto a card with a 0% balance transfer offer, and not do a cash transaction. I'm sure that wouldn't qualify for ANY 0% offer
  • climbgirl
    climbgirl Posts: 1,504 Forumite
    lynzpower wrote:
    but it wouldnt be 0% if you do cash advances, they never are 0%, usually something like 20%....

Careful....

It would be on a super balance transfer card. Not sure if there are many of these available these days though...

What is your £3900 debt made up of and what are the APRs on each of these? You may have to look at increasing these to pay back your friend if ebaying and extra work isn't going to reap you £1000 by august (and I suspect it's not going to get you all of it).
  • Miffi_2
    Miffi_2 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Don't worry guys, I will sell all my bits and bobs if I have to before I 'borrow' of credit cards. I will just end up spending the rest of my life chasing my tail, so to speak!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

Yes sorry if I confused anyone.
    I meant a "super balance transfer".

They are not absolutely free, but fees are around 2% which I would have thought is better than anywhere else (if you can borrow money for less than 2% then please pm me :-)

Virgin are probably the best as they cap the fee at £50, so if you borrow more than £2500 then the fee is less than 2%.

I don't want to encourage reckless borrowing which is why I stressed being disciplined, but if push comes to shove and there are no other options then it's the cheapest way I know to borrow money.
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Do you have any temping agencies in your area? Best ones are cutting back drastically & ebaying stuff...babysitting etc are all good as tax free & money is instant...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure