DFW Running Club

Comments

• poodlegal
    poodlegal Posts: 152 Forumite
    Well done for getting out! My big training plan starts tomorrow. Planning a 5 miler on the trail, shouldnt be too taxing will keep the pace down but try and run all the hills. I'm planning 4 runs a week, 3 around the 5/6mile mark then a long one at some point. Will dig the garmin out to time myself. Noticed i'd put a bit of weight on over xmas so really need to address that i'm going away in May and I wont be bikini worthy if I dont get my !!! in gear!!
  • mascott514
    mascott514 Posts: 336 Forumite
    its a full half marathon for me today.
    a training run, along the Tunbridge Wells route....

if I break 2.10 I will be chuffed
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013: No 1898

Target 2013... Half Marathon under 2 Hrs:cool:

Run 2013 VLM in PB: -4:28.26
  • poodlegal
    Ooh, hope you manage it, 13 would kill me just at the moment especially on the road. I did my 5 mile hilly trail route, (in about 50 mins) when I got near the tip of the killer hill the wind and rain were blowing right at me, but feel good now. Though not really looking forwards to doing it all again tomorrow! My fitness is a bit rubbish, the strength is not too bad but i'm puffing and panting so hopefully trying to get 5 runs a week in should help a lot. I'll give it a couple of weeks and have a look at the race calendar.
  • mascott514
    mascott514 Posts: 336 Forumite
    Well done poodlegal, it is so much harder when the weather is against you,

For me, it was a 14km bailout!

There is a big big hill about 12 km and it wiped me out. Walked in after that and was freezing! I will have another go next week. Pace was about on target for 2.10.

Time for tea.

Good luck to all those heading out.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013: No 1898

Target 2013... Half Marathon under 2 Hrs:cool:

Run 2013 VLM in PB: -4:28.26
  • Well done everyone who's getting out and about. I am waiting for new trainers to arrive so I can get out running with the dog.
    Total Debt: £0 [STRIKE]£33,043[/STRIKE]
    Official DFW Nerd No. 763
    :jDMP start date Aug 2011~DFD Aug 2013 :j
  • poodlegal
    Mascott... hmm maybe next week vow to walk part of the hill so that you are able to finish the distance. Or find a short hill close to home and do a set of reps once a week on it. Well done anyway, another 12k in the legs!:T
    Southernbelle I run with my dogs, they keep me amused and take my mind off the running and they love it too!:D
  • SamanthaA
    SamanthaA Posts: 345 Forumite
    I`m currently a gym runner - on a treadmill, with a program that combines running & walking for 12 min!

I would dearly love to be a proper runner, so to that end I`ve just emailed a local running club that runs (no pun intended!) a beginners class, later this year.

Hopefully, this will encourage me to become more active & lose the excess weight I carry!
    Living debt free, since Sept 08 & Dec 10 :wall:

"After a time, you may find that`having` is not so pleasing a thing after all as `wanting`. It is not logical, but often true." MR SPOCK

"Failure is always an option" Adam Savage
  • barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    SamanthaA wrote: »
    I`m currently a gym runner - on a treadmill, with a program that combines running & walking for 12 min!

I would dearly love to be a proper runner, so to that end I`ve just emailed a local running club that runs (no pun intended!) a beginners class, later this year.

Hopefully, this will encourage me to become more active & lose the excess weight I carry!

Have you thought about doing the Couch25k - ideal for people who can't run for more than a minute or two at the start. I'm completely rubbish but I now have rock-hard calves which at least means *something* is working
  • SamanthaA
    SamanthaA Posts: 345 Forumite
    Have you thought about doing the Couch25k - ideal for people who can't run for more than a minute or two at the start. I'm completely rubbish but I now have rock-hard calves which at least means *something* is working

You cant be completely rubbish! Your at least up & running!

Whats the Couch25K?

I dont want to run alone - round here I`m likely to be arrested so they can ask what I`ve done! :rotfl:
    Living debt free, since Sept 08 & Dec 10 :wall:

"After a time, you may find that`having` is not so pleasing a thing after all as `wanting`. It is not logical, but often true." MR SPOCK

"Failure is always an option" Adam Savage
  • poodlegal
    SamA you just have to keep at it.You will have good days and bad. If you have weight to lose walking is good to do on your days off running, it speeds up the process a bit. Just try and increase the running time a little each time you run, if its getting too hard stick at the same level for a few runs then try a little increase again. You CAN be a runner, you just have to be stubborn!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure