PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pooky wrote: »
    . Someone stopped me to tell me I shouldn't be throwing someone so lovely away

le.

I really hope you were throwing SOMETHING away rather than SOMEONE :rotfl:
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,982 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    noelphobic wrote: »
    You could also take a photo of the cheque before you bank it, if you have a smartphone.

As a matter of fact I had taken a photo of the cheque to send a copy to my OH to share the joy. Have checked the account online and it's showing as credited so I have been brave and shredded the receipt already.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• iamsalt
    iamsalt Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Two more car full to the tip as part of project house move, I think there are 4 or 5 more to go . There must have been 6 or 7 bin bAgs full of books which had died in storage in the shed - mould damp and mice have a habit of that. We have also almost filled a storage unit (meant for a 4 bed house) with stuff mum is planning to take to a one bed bungalow, so I know I will have more challenges ahead with mum.

I have one shed, a room, the kitchen and the garden stuff sort to move....

40 hours until we need to have moved mum out.....

41 hrs until I can say phew x
    £400,000 starting Jan 2020 current end date Aug 2041 I would love the end date to be 2027 but will aim first for 2037.
    1% target £4000 so far £20 paid
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    A few items on Eb*y sold. Sme things that didn't sell are now in CS. I did relist a couple of things that had watchers - thought it was worth another punt :) Just over £80 of sales so far :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wow. Amazing things have been happening!

I *have* managed to do one big thing - I have a conservatory type sofa, that needs sanding, painting and having new webbing put on the seating area, along with the purpose-made cushions. It needs to go, especially as its been stored sideways up in my living room for about a year .... yesterday, I took 3 v relevant pix and put it up for collection on my local recycling group. I really, really hope it goes.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 August 2017 at 1:39PM
    I love reading this thread for all the wonderful ideas to declutter items

I have just sold a chest on my local Facebook selling group it originally cost over 200 pound I used it for 10 years and daughter for 5, so we feel we had more than our money's worth. What I didn't realise it went to my daughters partners sister, so is still in the family. Sold for forty quid

I have never sold anything on the group before - so much easier than eBay

I would love to thank everyone that had mentioned it.

Now I would like help with a dilemma please,
    I am still on doing clothes that are only in my bedroom, as I have admitted to being a hoarder, there is a lot to do. I am sure you can imagine

It's all very overwhelming and I can only do a few things a day, my DH is brilliant, no nagging just helping.
    I have a short sleeved thin jumper that I really like, but doesn't fit, however now losing weight it will

So to keep or not
    What would you all do with it I know it will fit again, but will I still love it, I have a horrible feeling I love the idea of it.

H xx
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Aaleigha wrote: »
    I have a short sleeved thin jumper that I really like, but doesn't fit, however now losing weight it will
    So to keep or not
    What would you all do with it I know it will fit again, but will I still love it, I have a horrible feeling I love the idea of it.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping it: do you have enough space to make a "waiting for weight loss" drawer?
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    short_bird wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with keeping it: do you have enough space to make a "waiting for weight loss" drawer?

yes I do I have a large wheeled crate that hubby said could go in the loft :) thank you

it helps to have an unbiased opinion and if I decide that its not me later it can be sent away at the right time to let it go
    Hx
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Aaleigha wrote: »
    yes I do I have a large wheeled crate that hubby said could go in the loft :) thank you

it helps to have an unbiased opinion and if I decide that its not me later it can be sent away at the right time to let it go
    Hx

I would make a list of or take a picture of anything you are keeping for post weight loss - especially if going in the attic. That way you wont forget its there for when the time comes to reassess if you want it :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Its going to be a busy day, I feel it in my bones. Loads of washing first as its going to be good for drying

In the meantime I am slowly kondoing nespresso pods, yes ok, I got sucked into offers in the past and I packed them up in bags in the shed, for when visitors come but they would have lasted for years. Nespresso machine is out and I am having a double once every morning, already I am seeing a small space. When they are finished (months), then the machine will go

I wore a cream 3/4 coat/mac with a hood yesterday as rain threatened and it was horribly uncomfortable, far too hot, neither use nor ornament and looks brand new but it is going into my cs bag today, 100% polyester and didn`t breathe. Its completely unlike my lovely breathable gaberdine parka, the one I made and love. No effort to get rid of that cream coat now, when I dithered previously

Dgd was very grateful for 2 large really useful boxes containing sewing goodies, she is only 9 but getting keen on sewing. Rehomed and I am happy. Knitting is happening again, found a pattern using some stashed yarn, pleased about that, the last in a box and one more empty box. Slowly slowly, always with KM in mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure