Hollister Store - clearance

Comments

• pjjafc
    pjjafc Posts: 241
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Best to find with Hollister is find someone who is actually going over to the states and get them to get it. I go every year and stock up and its half the price.

The price they charge over here is a joke.
  • even in the states their stuff can be expensive if its not in one of the sales, like many companies who are not fully based in the UK they will charge more for delivery, remember a few years ago pumpkin patch used to deliver from New Zealand, took ages for things to arrive
  • pjjafc
    pjjafc Posts: 241
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    even in the states their stuff can be expensive if its not in one of the sales, like many companies who are not fully based in the UK they will charge more for delivery, remember a few years ago pumpkin patch used to deliver from New Zealand, took ages for things to arrive

I wouldnt say $29 for a hoodie and $39.50 for a pair of jeans is bad which I got last month when I was out there.

Abercrombie on the other hand was very expensive
  • slcookie
    slcookie Posts: 27 Forumite
    Having discovered the Abercrombie and Hollister outlet stores while my husband did a year in California I keep joking that when his ($6 in the sale) t shirts and cheap hoodies need replacing it will be time for another holiday! Certainly with delivery like that! :D

Along with needing to turn on the light - what is it with the smell? Do they have their own brand aftershave on a plug in?
  • Totally agree on the lighting and smell! Went in there today and couldn't even see the size labels. The darkness and smell almost gave me a migraine so I made a quick exit!
  • Totally agree on the lighting and smell! Went in there today and couldn't even see the size labels. The darkness and smell almost gave me a migraine so I made a quick exit!

The smell is so strong in there because they go round with spray bottles of fragrance and literally spray all the clothes with the sickly "Hollister" smell.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    As for shipping from the States be careful not to get done for 'duty' by the courier, especially when shipping from the States, if it is sourced outside UK you should pay tax on it here, it really is crazy especially considering the number of shops they have around the country now.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • If they are charging postage costs from the US they should charge US prices then people wouldnt mind paying the £10 postage as the items would cost a hell of a lot less
    On the countdown mortgage will be paid off this year if I keep paying bit extra fingers crossed fully paid out by July :j
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There is always a queue outside the one in Belfast, it was actually roped off the other day with people waiting to go in :eek: It's essentially shopping in the dark, why would you queue for that?
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • Gemini_Jes
    Gemini_Jes Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    At the Cardiff store on Thursday there were 2 young men/boys handing out leaflets wearing only swimming shorts.....their bodies were great...:rotfl::rotfl:
    Born to glitch :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport