Hollister Store - clearance

Anyone who likes their gear will know that it's expensive!!

At the back of their Trafford Centre store I got sweatpants for £19 (usually about £36). Mens T Shirts were £9.90 instead of £20 also women's vest tops were reduced.

Comments

• veruccasalt
    veruccasalt Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    What a ridiculous answer-shame on them.
    “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” Charles M Schulz
  • *debbie*
    *debbie* Posts: 447 Forumite
    Wow, I wonder who their courier is? It must be a gold plated van delivering! Perhaps they should try Royal Mail?
  • kivsy
    kivsy Posts: 246 Forumite
    Wow, £10 delivery? That has gone down! My eldest loves this shop so last christmas I went on their website to look for something for him, last year their p&p was £20!!! I decided there was no way I was paying that so went instore instead, I questioned the girl on the checkout and she told me that it is because its shipped over from the states, funny that as they have several stores in the UK. If I want anything from Hollister now I always make a special trip into Bristol (15 miles) as no way paying p&p.:mad:
    And another thing, why is it so dark in there? My Dad once asked them if they had run out of credit on their electricity meter, SA didn't get it! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Mummy to 4 beautiful but expensive children ;)
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,325
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's beacuse items ship from America, not the UK. If you bear that in mind £10 isn't too bad from the States
  • kivsy
    How on earth do the clothes for the stores to sell get over here then? Nothing personal Aidy :)
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,325
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kivsy wrote: »
    How on earth do the clothes for the stores to sell get over here then? Nothing personal Aidy :)

no offence taken!!

I assume they are shipped in bulk, using a slower method of delivery (shipped rather than flown?).

The Hollister website is all US regarding T&Cs, contact number etc.

It looks like they have not established a UK distribution centre (yet?)
  • kivsy
    Fair point, you are probably right. About time they sort it out though as I bet they lose quite a lot of business through it!
  • kivsy wrote: »
    Wow, £10 delivery? That has gone down! My eldest loves this shop so last christmas I went on their website to look for something for him, last year their p&p was £20!!! I decided there was no way I was paying that so went instore instead, I questioned the girl on the checkout and she told me that it is because its shipped over from the states, funny that as they have several stores in the UK. If I want anything from Hollister now I always make a special trip into Bristol (15 miles) as no way paying p&p.:mad:
    And another thing, why is it so dark in there? My Dad once asked them if they had run out of credit on their electricity meter, SA didn't get it! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I know just what you mean! I threatened my daughter that next time she dragged me in there to look at the overpriced gear, I would take a torch with me -it's the only way you can see the price labels!:rotfl:
  • We have just bought DD a hollister hoody and worked out that as the cost to and from Trafford center for us was about £15 we would pay the £10, but seriously resent it. It took ages and just arrived in a box, I was expecting tissue paper at least. Oh for when she leaves this fad!
  • Has anyone been into the new Bath store? I'm tempted to go in if there might be a clearance rail, but every time I've walked past it looked pitch black in there (much like Jack Wills, which I've also never been into) which has put me off!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure