Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Comments

• Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2011 at 1:21PM
    "For Internet on your phone, the current Fair Use Policy varies according to tariff. Your terms and conditions will state what it is."

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=support&cat=FAIR_USE_POLICY&tab=0&id=FA968

Although this is old stuff and was due to a different reason for cancelling this might be helpful.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/want-to-cancel-your-t-mobile-contract-heres-how-to-do-it/18286
  • Just finished speaking to tmobile CS, was on hold for a bit. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and said while she was aware of the changes, she needs to speak to her supervisor about canceling my contract on the grounds of changes to their T&Cs. I'm now waiting for her callback, hopefully in around an hour.

If anyone has any advice on what else I should say, it would be much appreciated!
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    Do we know yet if the changes are for all plans or just the basic W&W ?
    I have tried calling CS and have been told different things each time.
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    mmpombears wrote: »
    Just finished speaking to tmobile CS, was on hold for a bit. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and said while she was aware of the changes, she needs to speak to her supervisor about canceling my contract on the grounds of changes to their T&Cs. I'm now waiting for her callback, hopefully in around an hour.

If anyone has any advice on what else I should say, it would be much appreciated!

Will the changes increase the cost of your bills ?
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    I seem to recall a thread about this when Vodafone did a similar thing.

I think people were able to cancel because it was a material change in the contract.
  • talkalot wrote: »
    Do we know yet if the changes are for all plans or just the basic W&W ?
    I have tried calling CS and have been told different things each time.

The info on theis vague and only says "So Whats Changing? - From 1st February 2011 we will be aligning our fair use policies so our mobile internet service will have fair use of 500MB."

However, as the plan I'm on has 3GB fair use policy and I received the notification, I can only assume it probably will apply to most price plans. Also, surely they would specify the plans that are unaffected?
  • I think ypaymore has hit the nail on the head. If this change directly increases the cost of your monthly bill then I am sure you have a legal right (under consumer law, which trumps tmobiles own T&Cs every day of the week) to cancel early without financial penalty. Good luck.
  • talkalot
    talkalot Posts: 218 Forumite
    I have a few numbers with T-Mobile at the moment. Have not had a single text yet.
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
  • ukspid
    ukspid Posts: 19 Forumite
    3GB down to ½GB (as in my case too: HTC Desire "unlimited internet") is one hell of a slap in the face. I've only approached the 3GB twice and some months might even be within the new FUP.

However, the 3GB was the reason I chose T-Mobile and the change will be detrimental. I will definitely be protesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure