Resolver - Halifax

Hi after a bit of advice - have used Resolver for PPI claim for Halifax - I submitted it over a month ago and not heard anything - can anyone tell me if this is normal or should I have heard something by now?

Thanks.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You should get an acknowledgement letter within a few days of Halifax receiving the complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • siws1
    siws1 Posts: 66
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Many thanks.

Do you think I need to contact someone or just wait and see a little while longer?
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    Contact Halifax. They may not have got it. Resolver is a third party tool and you would not be the first one to find that it never got from the third party to the bank in question.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Having same issue, been 8 weeks and no response from halifax. Have just used resolver to send a second email to them to check
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    Just use the easier option and complain directly to Halifax. There is no need to use third party tools.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    wesleyad wrote: »
    Have just used resolver to send a second email to them to check
    Eight weeks is far too long to have heard nothing.

Just complain directly!
  • Guanajuato
    Guanajuato Posts: 30
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had the same experience with HSBC. I've got in touch with them directly and there's no record of having received anthing from resolver. Resolvr gives you the structure of a complaint though, and they've asked me to forward on the original resolver complaint directly. Can't ask for more than that.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Guanajuato wrote: »
    Resolvr gives you the structure of a complaint though, and they've asked me to forward on the original resolver complaint directly. Can't ask for more than that.
    I think customers can ask for far more than that. The least that should happen is that any complaint should be sent (and received).

Regardless, since anyone struggling with the "structure" of their complaint can use the myriad of templates available from numerous sources, there really is no need to use a third party "tool" at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure