chemical Peel home kit

Comments

• the_devil_made_me_do_it
    the_devil_made_me_do_it Posts: 5,567 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2014 at 2:35PM
    No, there's plenty of scientific evidence to back up waiting at least 10 mins for the vit c to fully absorb before you start diluting it with moisturisers.

Wasn't saying that it's wrong to wait 10 mins, just saying I personally don't.

Why do they suggest you leave it 10 mins before applying the vit c serum?

Wonder why sr-skincare advise you use the serum on the morning?
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wasn't saying that it's wrong to wait 10 mins, just saying I personally don't.

Why do they suggest you leave it 10 mins before applying the vit c serum?

Wonder why sr-skincare advise you use the serum on the morning?

They advise that because it boosts sunscreen.

Right got some mandelic and salicylic 15% for my birthday from one of my friends just done it and it was lovely and stingy lol now covered in palmers facial oil will update later.
  • flissh
    flissh Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Love this thread!
    I've had a go with salicylic but now trying mandelic. I've got a fair few freckles (I know they are just evidence of sun damage:( )but the thing I hate are two clumps of sun damage under each eye. Every time I put the Mandelic on these areas get extra attention.
    The one below my left eye is lightening I think.
  • Well I'm at day 15 days into the collagen regime, 3rd peel applied today. I'm still having breakouts, is this normal? I've also started getting a bit of irritated skin on my cheeks.

I'm thinking that i maybe should've gone for a different peel and not the mandelic acid one.
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well I'm at day 15 days into the collagen regime, 3rd peel applied today. I'm still having breakouts, is this normal? I've also started getting a bit of irritated skin on my cheeks.

I'm thinking that i maybe should've gone for a different peel and not the mandelic acid one.

The others are harsher. Don't forget your looking at 6 peels minimum to start seeing improvement. You can avoid the sensitive areas on your cheek or cover those in vaseline and put the peel on over the top so they are protected.
  • fizzytrinket
    fizzytrinket Posts: 404 Forumite
    edited 12 April 2014 at 9:00PM
    Well I'm at day 15 days into the collagen regime, 3rd peel applied today. I'm still having breakouts, is this normal? I've also started getting a bit of irritated skin on my cheeks.

Listen to your skin devil. If the irritation is something you've not had before, I'd leave the peel til skin has healed. Repair it first before doing anything aggressive.

I'm not sure about the breakouts unless there was something in your skin that needed to purge?

Also , is that 3 peels in 15 days? I do mine weekly to ten days. Slow and steady wins the race !
  • The kit I have says carry out the peel once a week, so I've chosen a Saturday. Did my first peel on 29th March, then another on 5th April.

My skin has only really felt irritated today before I carried out the peel. Probably shouldn't have carried out the peel today until the irritation had subsided.

I'm really hoping the breakouts subside soon. I haven't used any other products apart from what came in the kit. I even bought their post peel lotion which I have also been using as a sunscreen. Just seems weird that no one else has mentioned experiencing breakouts. I've even avoided wearing any face makeup.

Will see how it goes this week and assess from there.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    the_devil_made_me_do_it Posts: 5,567 Forumite
    edited 12 April 2014 at 10:08PM
    mellymoo74 wrote: »
    The others are harsher. Don't forget your looking at 6 peels minimum to start seeing improvement. You can avoid the sensitive areas on your cheek or cover those in vaseline and put the peel on over the top so they are protected.

Never thought of putting vaseline on the irritated areas. Will remember that for next time.

I'm not expecting to see great results after 3 peels to be honest, was just hoping I'd stop getting spots & blackheads.

Just out of curiosity, do people apply the peel to their jaw line aswell?
  • Yep I do jawline neck chest and backs of hands. Not with salicylic though.
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I want to use a peel on my hands in hope of rejuvinating the poor things that have been overused for so long. Does anyone else do this and can suggest suitable strengths for quite radical treament.
    Xxp00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport