PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• Silverbird
    Silverbird Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    • What were you reclaiming: small loan
    • Who was the provider: Barclays
    • How much did you get back: £72.08
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Quite a few chasing letters dating back from September 2009 until they finally gave a response recently
    This was a success for my sister-in-law. She paid off a small loan within 4 months and had the unpaid PPI refunded when she paid it off early, but obviously not the PPI she'd already paid. They've refunded this plus interest and say a cheque's in the post.
    Thrilled to be DEBT-FREE as of 26.03.10 :D
    Hubby DEBT-FREE as of 27.03.15 :D

Debt at LBM (June '07): £8189.19
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Silverbird wrote: »
    • What were you reclaiming: small loan
    • Who was the provider: Barclays
    • How much did you get back: £72.08
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Quite a few chasing letters dating back from September 2009 until they finally gave a response recently
    This was a success for my sister-in-law. She paid off a small loan within 4 months and had the unpaid PPI refunded when she paid it off early, but obviously not the PPI she'd already paid. They've refunded this plus interest and say a cheque's in the post.

Well done, great work! :beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • deeb604
    deeb604 Posts: 97 Forumite
    khush126 wrote: »
    * Who was your lender: Black Horse (secured loan)
    * Reason for mis-sell: Told that purchase of PPI was essential for loan application to be successful
    * How much did you get back: £5,814 (100% of PPI payments including 8% interest)
    * How many stages to success: After first refund request letter.
    * Brief Tale: 01/02/10: Sent adapted first template letter for Loan via recorded delivery.
    13/02/10: Received letter from Black Horse to say that their investigations show that PPI was not mis-sold. However as a gesture of goodwill they will refund all PPI payments paid so far, including 8% interest and reduce future repayments to exclude the PPI. The letter included paperwork to sign to accept the settlement offer

13/02/10: Sent back acceptance form via recorded delivery
    01/03/10: Loan repayments reduced from c£595 to c£472

22/04/10 c£5,814 refund directly into bank account (in account the direct debit is paid from)

Note that between sending the acceptance and receiving the refund I did make a few calls to follow up how long the refund would take. i was told that because the amount was above £5,000 there were special authorization channels that took so long.

Thank you Martin :money:

Hi I was wondering if you could post the address you sent too as I am pursuing black horse and sent it to a local branch, might have been an error cheers
  • kp126
    kp126 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    deeb604 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if you could post the address you sent too as I am pursuing black horse and sent it to a local branch, might have been an error cheers

I send it to this address:

[FONT=&quot]Black Horse
    St William House
    Tresillian Terrace
    Cardiff
    CF10 SBH
    [/FONT]

Good luck with your pursuit!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • deeb604
    deeb604 Posts: 97 Forumite
    well done to you, I hope I'm so lucky, thanks for the addy!!
  • cogsy1983
    cogsy1983 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi, just an update on success's:

Yes Car Credit/DAF - £1000 paid Feb 2010
    MBNA - £175 - Paid Jan 2010
    MBNA - £155 - paid Jan 2010
    HSBC - waiting
    Ocean Finance - £3657 Paid Apr 2010 (Mum's account)
    MBNA (husbands) - £176 - paid Apr 2010
    MBNA /VIRGIN (Husbands) - waiting
    Capital One (Husbands) - waiting
    Ocean/LMC - waiting
  • di3004
    cogsy1983 wrote: »
    Hi, just an update on success's:

Yes Car Credit/DAF - £1000 paid Feb 2010
    MBNA - £175 - Paid Jan 2010
    MBNA - £155 - paid Jan 2010
    HSBC - waiting
    Ocean Finance - £3657 Paid Apr 2010 (Mum's account)
    MBNA (husbands) - £176 - paid Apr 2010
    MBNA /VIRGIN (Husbands) - waiting
    Capital One (Husbands) - waiting
    Ocean/LMC - waiting

Congratulations and well done :beer:
    Good luck on all the ones your waiting for.;)
  • Taking two hours out of my day and only two letters (MSE PPI TEMPLATE LETTERS) have had some resounding success with the following.

Found that both Cahoot (Now Santander) ( could not find any information on PPI HELD IN MY NAME amount had just been added to loan without any paperwork being raised) - hence PPI MISSOLD AS NOT ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR BUT JUST ADDED TO LOAN AMOUNT

and Sainsbury(Bank of Scotland Insurance) PPI taking out but only in my name whilst loan was taken out in two names -hence PPI MISSOLD AS IT WOULD ONLY PROTECT MYSELF AND NOT MY WIFE.

These two hours have turned out to be the most profitable of my life (over £2000 paid out in compenation) plus loan repayments have gone down by some £50 per month and am now able to treat my a family to a summer holiday in SPAIN and now have the confidence to take on the BIG BOYS!!!!!!!

BIG THANK YOU TO MONEYSAVINGEXPERT ( TOP TOP WEBSITE) AND ESPECIALLY MARTIN LEWIS YOUR AN INSPIRATION
  • di3004
    therists wrote: »
    Taking two hours out of my day and only two letters (MSE PPI TEMPLATE LETTERS) have had some resounding success with the following.

Found that both Cahoot (Now Santander) ( could not find any information on PPI HELD IN MY NAME amount had just been added to loan without any paperwork being raised) - hence PPI MISSOLD AS NOT ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR BUT JUST ADDED TO LOAN AMOUNT

and Sainsbury(Bank of Scotland Insurance) PPI taking out but only in my name whilst loan was taken out in two names -hence PPI MISSOLD AS IT WOULD ONLY PROTECT MYSELF AND NOT MY WIFE.

These two hours have turned out to be the most profitable of my life (over £2000 paid out in compenation) plus loan repayments have gone down by some £50 per month and am now able to treat my a family to a summer holiday in SPAIN and now have the confidence to take on the BIG BOYS!!!!!!!

BIG THANK YOU TO MONEYSAVINGEXPERT ( TOP TOP WEBSITE) AND ESPECIALLY MARTIN LEWIS YOUR AN INSPIRATION

Hi and welcome, and Congratulations :beer:

Great work! :T
  • daviduk1976
    daviduk1976 Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What were you reclaiming: LOAN
    Who was the provider: NORTHERN ROCK
    How much did you get back: £1500 inc 8% interest
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: 1 letter and a phone to ask where my 8% was!
    I have previously helped my house mate claim back £5000 from EGG so told a few people at work. Did the letter for another friend and she got a reply saying they were dealing with it, eventually offered after 4 weeks (max) and had she called them when they 'forgot' the 8% interest if it went to court!
    Changed her loan (she has 3 years left) same APR (around 8%) and her monthly repayments have dropped by £30 a month
    She is well chuffed :)
    And so am i!

Thanks Martin and all who have helped not just me but many peeps on here!!:beer:
    TOTAL 2013 £3100 :eek:
    TOTAL 2014 £1250

TOTAL 2015: £500 winning:2 tkts to theatre, Cap1 Footie, weeks holiday in lakes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback