Credit Card Freebies Article Discussion Area

Comments

• AJtennis wrote:
    Hello all,

I'm interested in the BMI Classic Mastercard deal for 20,000 air miles. Is this offer affected by choosing between the Standard or Platinum cards?

Thanks AJ

Apologies, I've been a !!!!!! - I've found the previous reply to this question - thanks! :rolleyes:
  • Bevann
    Bevann Posts: 23 Forumite
    mrogers wrote:
    I am thinking of closing my Clubcard Plus account and just use my Tesco Credit card at Tescos - paying off the balance each month. Can anyone tell me which will give me the most points? I usually convert thhem to airmiles - not sure if that is sensible or not!

Hi

I wouldn't do that if I were you. I am thinking of doing the opposite - opening a clubcard plus account and not using credit card instore/for petrol. The clubcard plus account gives you double points, tesco credit cards only gives 1 point for each £5 spent. If you use with club card then you get 6 points for each £5 spent. Using the clubcard plus alone you get 10 points for each point spent. However don't allow money to build up on your club card plus account as you will be losing interest on it, so not gaining anything. Ideally you should spend the money as soon as it is available.
  • Hi All,

I've just received and activated my BMI classic mastercard, but what do I do now to get the 20,000 miles? Do I have to make a purchase 1st?

Thanks
  • Hi All,

I've just received and activated my BMI classic mastercard, but what do I do now to get the 20,000 miles? Do I have to make a purchase 1st?

Thanks

Yep, a purchase of any size, no minimum.
    Former MSE team member
  • ive just sent off the application for the citiband american airlines card with the 5,000 and.. spend £1000 = 15,000 extra points deal.

ive looked on the american airlines page and it says a trip to the states and back is 40,000 not the 20,000 stated on the MSE page???

any word/links of advice?
  • ive just sent off the application for the citiband american airlines card with the 5,000 and.. spend £1000 = 15,000 extra points deal.

ive looked on the american airlines page and it says a trip to the states and back is 40,000 not the 20,000 stated on the MSE page???

any word/links of advice?

There's a special reduced mileage qualification specifically for this offer, on the given destinations.
    Former MSE team member
  • so would i claim my flight through american airlines or through citibank?
  • jamfool
    jamfool Posts: 64 Forumite
    I opened a sony card purely for the MP3 player. Only just spent on it, so I need to look into how to claim these extra pulse points. Anyone had any luck yet?

I was going to close the account and be done with it - But they sent me a bunch of credit card cheques.. and that got me thinking. Now I thought Id run this past you guys before I did this. But I spoke to CS of Sonycard and asked what the deal was on Interest free with theses cheques. She told me they are interest free as I have opened up a new account and I have interest free purchases for 12 months.

So I confirmed with her that I could write myself a cheque for say £5K put it into my Icesave account and earnt £260 or there abouts and pay back the minimum amount (£5) each month. Then clear the debt next Nov when my interest free runs out.

There is a handling fee which is 2% = £100. But still I would have earnt an extra £160.

Am I doing this right, or is there something I havent accounted for. If its right - what do you reckon? Why dont we all do it?

Thanks

Jam
  • jamfool wrote:
    I opened a sony card purely for the MP3 player. Only just spent on it, so I need to look into how to claim these extra pulse points. Anyone had any luck yet?

I was going to close the account and be done with it - But they sent me a bunch of credit card cheques.. and that got me thinking. Now I thought Id run this past you guys before I did this. But I spoke to CS of Sonycard and asked what the deal was on Interest free with theses cheques. She told me they are interest free as I have opened up a new account and I have interest free purchases for 12 months.

So I confirmed with her that I could write myself a cheque for say £5K put it into my Icesave account and earnt £260 or there abouts and pay back the minimum amount (£5) each month. Then clear the debt next Nov when my interest free runs out.

There is a handling fee which is 2% = £100. But still I would have earnt an extra £160.

Am I doing this right, or is there something I havent accounted for. If its right - what do you reckon? Why dont we all do it?

Thanks

Jam

Free money! Credit Card tarting at its best. I really can't see anything wrong with doing this, although I'm sure others can confirm. I think the reason everyone doesn't do it, is a combination of reasons, can't be bothered, too much hassle, its a year to wait for the £160 etc etc
    CHEAP doesn't mean ETHICAL
  • hi i'm probably asking this in the wrong place as i'm a chat forum virgin. i've applied for and got ( so they tell me) a sony card. do the triple pulse beats only apply to sony purchases in sony shops or any sony product from any shop/ website? sorry if this is in wrong place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure