PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• Xanadu20
    Xanadu20 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Rae115 wrote: »
    Hi all

Has any one had anything positive from citi.

I recently emailed the ceo i was contacted by customer relations who said Opus icobtacted them but they dont reply nor could i find the name of the ceo.

However the fos did tell me opus comes under the wings of rbs so i emailed the ceoand when i though iwas reaching somewhere i received an email from theur ececutive office that its nothibg to do with them i need this cc assetmangement co.

Im now wondering should i use one of those company and let them work for their 25%.

Lynk have you had anythibg back from b card. I havent had a chsnce to do catch up on the forum yet.

Congrats to all winners and morning

Hi,

i have been contacting them every week for the last month chasing them, cant speak to anyone ref PPI as apparently its a 3rd party company dealing with it, and just keep getting quoted 31st August.

I did however get a letter from them the other day stating that my account would be moved to "Progressive Credit Limited" on the 31st of August.

That worries me slightly as thats the date they are supposed to settle my PPI, the card only has £20 on it and i havent used it for a long while, i have only left it open because of the PPI clame.

I hope that because of this move they dont start being even more of a pain with the PPI, i am tempted to close off the account before the 31st so it will end with OPUS and i dont get mucked about.

What do you guys think ?
  • "Further to my last email detailed below, I finally recieved a responce from the bank saying that they will not be upholding my complaint as they beleive that I ticked the box and so knew what I was getting.
    1. I don't rememeber ticking the box to apply for the PPI
    2. I never recieved any information as to what I was covered for
    3. I never recieved any information as to how long I would be covered.
    4. I wasn't informed that you would charge interest on the PPI
    5. I wasn't informed that I would be paying and inflated monthly minimum payment to cover the PPI (Which seems odd that I would be paying interest on something that I had paid for the previous month) ie if the PPI was not on my statement then my monthly payment would be far less.
    6. I didn't apprieciate how much I would be paying over the full time that I have the card.
    7. I have had many telephone conversations with your staff regarding late payments and struggles to pay the minimum payment, and never was I offered any assistance regarding the amount I was paying PPI and whether or not I understood what it wa.
    8. Other the time I have had the card all I remember when looking at the statements was that MBNA requested more minimum payments than my other card with a similar amount on it, and thinking this must just be MBNA interest charges.
    9. In all I have been a customer of MBNA's for 14yrs and through some tough times in my life have always made the payments eventually without any guidance from yourselves, in fact just charges for late or over limit fees.

With regard the recent letter sent stating that this is your final responce, i hope you take on board what I have wrote in this email and reopenthe case with a view to understanding why I felt that no one at MBNA has spoken to me about whether or not I knew how much minimum payments wouldbe with or without the PPI and how it would be collected (ie treated as a purchase on my card and that it would involve interest on every payment. Hence the feeling that I have of the product being mis-sold.

I hope you find time to look into this matter within the next 7 days, or I feel I have no choice other than to take my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman."

the above is a draft that I am going to send to the MBNA CEO in hope that they revisit my complaint.

does anyone have any input? does it make sense?
  • IANC
    IANC Posts: 305 Forumite
    boycey01 wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

Here's another update on my complaints......

• Received an email from Black Horse on 26th July saying I would receive a summary of my settlement and a cheque for the rest due to me (after they had paid off my loan) within a week. Still hadn't received anything over a week later so emailed again and they replied saying that a letter and cheque got sent on 25th July!! Yeah right! So they would resend the letter and cancel the cheque and re-issue a new one. Finally received a letter yesterday to say that my loan is paid off and I will receive a cheque for £61.31 in the next few days.
    • I spoke to Halifax Customer Services last Monday regarding my credit card settlement. They said that they had made an error and I would be getting £893.47. I questioned why the 8% interest was low and the lady explained that was because they go back through my statements and take the PPI off each monthly balance, if I would be in credit after thats taken off then I get 8% interest, so if not in credit then I don't get it. Something along them lines!! Anyway they have re-looked at my credit card account and seen that it is now clear so they will be sending me a cheque. They said within 5 working days so I should receive it tomorrow :D
    • I sent my acceptance form back to Capital One so I should receive a cheque from them within a couple of weeks.
    • Just barclaycard left to go. They said I should have a response by 19th September. I did email the CEO about 10 days ago, not so much about my PPI complaint but about letters keep being addressed to me in my middle name. I keep telling them it's not my name but do they listen. I also mentioned in the email about Barclaycard taking 4 months to send me a copy of my credit agreement and their Customer Services lying to me when the lady told me I didn't have PPI! Guess what he never responded to my email. So I resent it Weds and I got an automated reply basically saying he was on holiday! How ironic though, I don't get a reply when he is there and when he's not there I do get a reply!!
    CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE SUCCESSES LATELY, GOD THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT!! :beer::j
    AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL STILL WAITING, HOPEFULLY YOU WON'T BE WAITING MUCH LONGER :D

Did the Halifax CC redress include the contractual interest for the card (ie the APR you pay)?
    Not sure you are right,

Balance £1000.00
    PPI £ 30.00
    Total new Balance £1030.00

Minimum Payment with would normally be interest on £1000.00 without PPI, however with PPI I am paying an over inflated minimum payment to include not only the interest but also the PPI including interest.

I hope this makes sense.
    MAybe this will help
    I think I should be paying interest on £1000.00 and this would be my minimum payment + PPI (without interest) then the PPI would be paid monthly without interest.

That all said still don't think I really understood what it meant at the time as it wasn't made clear how much i'd be paying and for how long.

NIGHTMARE!!!
    and Breath!!!!!

The first part of what I said would only apply to either the first month you had the card or if it had zero balance and you spent.

The interest 'should' be charged on the balance only, but of course you will end up paying interest on the PPI from the previous month as it will form part of your balance the month after.

The minimum payment for a CC will always be more than the interest for that month as the you must always end up below your limit every month.

They factor in an extra amount to ensure you don't sit on your limit (and get taken over it via interest payments etc) if the interest is added for eg at a different part of the month to the payment.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure this is how my card works.
    I'm a secret crime fighter ;)
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Hi di

Yes, i believe it was front loaded (learn something new everyday) as there was never any kind of breakdown, it was just a case of this is what you will pay monthly.

30 days to wait for an outcome, hope i can just forget about it and wait to see if i have been sucessful
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • julieprit2
    julieprit2 Posts: 89 Forumite
    Hi Niggly

Just reposted this in case you didn't see my reply. It was HP Loan for a laptop.

PPI £3.30 per month
    over 36 months
    Taken out in June 2004
    19.8% Interest

Cheers :-))
  • amersall wrote: »
    Hi Diane,yes you can,do you have the account number? if you do then it may be worth ringing the claims line at Halifax and they will put your claim through.
    If you do not have the account number when you ring,ask them and they could find this for you.

Also,look here for reasons for mis sell as they will ask you this.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Many thanks, I do have the original paperwork which shows the ppi amount paid. Is it best to ring them or write to them? I'm just scared they will challenge me on the phone and I'm not good at confrontation!!! I believe the reason for mis-selling to be that we were not told it was optional and were not told about any colling off period, also both myself and my husband had employment where our employers paid good sickness, redundancy and death in service packages - of which we were not asked if we had any alternative cover. Are these reasons enough to warrant a claim?

Di x
    Di x :A
  • bhoqoN
    bhoqoN Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 August 2011 at 8:35PM
    4 consolidated loans:

1. 01/07/04 till 11/04/2005 PPI £448.50 APR 8% term 24 months OFFER £289.79 with associated interest less 20% tax

2. 08/04/05 till 10/05/2007 PPI £3419 APR 7.9% term 60 months OFFER £427.49 with associated interest less 20% tax

3. 09/05/07 till 12/09/2007 PPI £3603.10 APR 7.9 term 60 months OFFER £2450 with associated interest less 20% tax

4. 11/09/07 to date PPI £6231 APR 7.9% term 60 months OFFER £6496.42 with associated interest less tax 20%

All the above offers include gross interest at FOS rate added to each over payment from the date of payments to date. Confused about what is meant by consolidated interest accrued will be added on receipt of acceptance form. Hope Niggly will clarify.
  • boycey01
    boycey01 Posts: 134 Forumite
    IANC wrote: »
    Did the Halifax CC redress include the contractual interest for the card (ie the APR you pay)?

Yes they did include the interest for that. Well I guess that "Refund of interest applied to your account because of the PPI" is it? :)
  • boycey01
    boycey01 Posts: 134 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Absolutely fab!!:T:j Congratulations honey and so well deserved indeedly!:beer::beer: xx
    Thanks Di :T
    I couldn't of done it without all the help and support from you lovely lot on here :A

I start University next month to do my Nursing Degree. My aim has been to be debt free before I start Uni and now i've managed to do that with my PPI refunds. Not only that, i have been able to book a holiday to Turkey before I start Uni and i've still got some money left over to myself!! :j:j:j
    I'm so happy :D This is the first time in 11 years that I have been debt free :j
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    thegaffer wrote: »
    Does anyone have the lloyds CEO email ? and if so do they ever do anything like say the guy at MBNA ?

Sorry for the delay and if anyone else have posted this up in the meantime.

I would email the CEO
    [EMAIL="antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com"]antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com[/EMAIL]

the copy the email to the Customer team the same time, for a quicker response, good luck.

[EMAIL="customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk"]customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure