Recordable freeview boxes...

Which is the best to get? we just want one box as currently we have sky, dvd, video etc and it's always playing up!!
We need one with freeview integrated obviously so we don't have to have one of those and a dvd recorder. Thanks.

Comments

• Nobleck
    Nobleck Posts: 287 Forumite
    Most people would probably advise a Topfield Pvr (i can't be more specific), i myself have a Sagem which is ok, apparently Humax PVR'S ARE GOOD
  • Nobleck
    Nobleck Posts: 287 Forumite
    I think most people would probably recommend a TopField PVR (i'm sorry i can't be more specific), i myself have a Sagem which works fine, Humax are also apparently a reliable box. Try doing a Google review of PVR's .
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,078
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Argos have the Thomson Top Up TV box for £99. If you delete the TUTV element it functions as a Freeview HD recorder. 14 day EPG, at least 70hrs recording space and it allows you to record 2 programmes at the same time (you can even watch a previously recorded item whilst recording 2 others!)
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Good evening: We have had a Humax 9200T since last October (my birthday present!)..an excellent product...easy to set up, good onscreen progam guide. I did a fair bit of research before we took the plunge.

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We have a Humax 9200T and I absolutely love it! It's not cheap but absolutely worth spending a bit more on.

It's a proper twin tuner one which means you can record two channels at once which is much more useful than you'd think!

Humax update their software every so often but it can be a bit of a faff to update (sometimes they broadcast over the air but we've found we get it quicker off the internet as it can take a while before it gets to OTA and I wanted the update!). The last update was fanstastic though, I don't know of another company that does that so it's a big plus from me.

Also Humax have a forum where basically all the technical question are answered which is also a big help :-)

Hmmm, I need to start asking Humax for commission ;-)
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • GoofyGAT
    GoofyGAT Posts: 1,835
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ka7e wrote: »
    Argos have the Thomson Top Up TV box for £99.
    If they reduce it to £50, I shall not be able to resist :o:p, G
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have two Humax pvr's and they are brilliant, I love them so much and kids find them so useful that I may get another one and kids find it invaluable recording stuff to watch later, and skip all the rubbish and adverts on tv.
  • mixu
    mixu Posts: 166 Forumite
    Humax every time, one of the best things I ever bought...
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,078
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    GoofyGAT wrote: »
    If they reduce it to £50, I shall not be able to resist :o:p, G
    I'd have one in every room!
    But they have only just been reduced from £149, so not really likely....
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • love_lifer
    love_lifer Posts: 743 Forumite
    my topfield is the business all round. very easy, very impressive
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business