PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Tell them that you will only accept £84,000 as it will allow you to move to the house you want. If a lower amount will enable you to move as well let them know.
  • Update:

Had another offer for ours today, its on at £85,000, its a middle terrace and had a previous offer that fell through at £84,000 last week.

Just had an offer from buy to let people for £79000, feel disheartened, rejected it outright as hubby thinks its way too low.

We do have another viewing tomorrow so will wait and see.

Don't lose hope. The first offer is very often a "testing the water" offer. Fingers crossed they increase it. You're having a good stream of offers...it won't be long.
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Well after weeks of no viewings I've had 2 this week. One loved the house but the garden didn't work for them. The other im waiting on feedback. Fingers crossed this is a sign the market is getting better. I've noticed more houses are selling now in my area as well.
  • Good luck Mickygg
    Stopped smoking Jan 2007 after 23 years!
    Cigarettes NOT smoked = 240,945
    Smoke free days = 11 Years :T
    Cash saved so far = £125,45,11
  • fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Ragtimeplayer - no one accepts the first offer, hopefully they'll come back with a more reasonable offer soon
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • PheoUK
    PheoUK Posts: 351 Forumite
    Joining on this thread - Went on the market last saturday evening, four viewings this week, no offers so far. We've got it up for £299k, three bed terrace in south east (yes, I know, incredibly expensive etc)

I'm not enjoying this waiting...not fun! Saw a nice potential house today, but obviously can't offer until we've got one on ours.
  • dawnylou
    dawnylou Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Late to the party as always.

We need to relocate for hubby's work ideally.

House went on the market in Jan....£110k.....not one single viewing yet!

I saw someone mention viewings on Zoopla so just has a rummage and was surprised to see 938 looked at the listing.

What could be stopping them from wanting to actually view it??
    Dream of being mortgage free....
    APR 2007 - £109,825 FEB 2012 - £98,664.53:beer:

• Doing you want to post a link and we'll have a look?
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    dawnylou wrote: »
    Late to the party as always.

We need to relocate for hubby's work ideally.

House went on the market in Jan....£110k.....not one single viewing yet!

I saw someone mention viewings on Zoopla so just has a rummage and was surprised to see 938 looked at the listing.

What could be stopping them from wanting to actually view it??

Hi - surely this is a typo. If it really is not one viewing in 10 months it has to be price is far too high.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Mickygg wrote: »
    Hi - surely this is a typo. If it really is not one viewing in 10 months it has to be price is far too high.
    Nevertheless 938 views converting into no significant interest does mean something fundamentally wrong with the listing.

Creeps back into Lurkerdom......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure