Hardys Wine win-Sky?

Emuchops
Emuchops Posts: 799 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 3 September 2015 at 6:56AM in Compers chat corner
Morning-2 weeks ago today I was at work & my partner took a call from someone stating that I had won a case of Hardys wine. He said that they told him that they would send me an e-mail to confirm and that the wine would be sent next (i.e. last) week. He didn't really pay attention so sorry for the vagueness.
I have tried to find out what comp it may be-possibly Sky Sports? So I have sent an e mail to their marketing dept asking if it was them (no reply). I have also looked up the number that called us - a mobile which seems odd. Anyway I called the number and left a message-no response.
What I'd like to ask is assuming it is the Sky comp is this what they do? i.e. phone first, then send out the prize? It's really bugging me that I don't know any details. Many thanks, Dawn.

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Emuchops wrote: »
    Morning-2 weeks ago today I was at work & my partner took a call from someone stating that I had won a case of Hardys wine. He said that they told him that they would send me an e-mail to confirm and that the wine would be sent next (i.e. last) week. He didn't really pay attention so sorry for the vagueness.
    I have tried to find out what comp it may be-possibly Sky Sports? So I have sent an e mail to their marketing dept asking if it was them (no reply). I have also looked up the number that called us - a mobile which seems odd. Anyway I called the number and left a message-no response.
    What I'd like to ask is assuming it is the Sky comp is this what they do? i.e. phone first, then send out the prize? It's really bugging me that I don't know any details. Many thanks, Dawn.

Are you assuming Sky because your partner thought it was Sky or because that was the one you found on a forum search?
  • Thanks Both for your replies. Partner said that they didn't say they were from Sky, I'm just assuming it's Sky as that's the only comp I can find ending roughly 2 weeks ago with a prize of a case of Hardy wine.
  • Doubtful they will just send out the prize with it being alcohol they will probably want to see some ID first. Have you double checked all your junk folders in case an email has ended up in there? It could just be that the person dealing with it is on holiday (it is that time of year)
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Emuchops
    Emuchops Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your help-as luck would have it the wine arrived yesterday afternoon-I'm still none the wiser as to who ran the comp though as nothing else came with it.
  • Well done , enjoy your wine.:)

I do find it slightly annoying when prizes arrive without any details .
    You would think that the promotors would want us to know which company we had won from!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure