Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    With Zog all you can do is leave a meter reading. No meter reading history, bill history or payment history so nothing to fret about if its not as expected.

My experience of Zog was that e-mails were also responded to in minutes. Sadly, my experience of Iresa has been they lack the staff to deal with even the simplest of issues. On social media (and I am not a fan) they seem to spend most of their time apologising to customers for not doing things that they should have done.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Why do people now need constant and instant conformation about their energy bills?

Perhaps it's as simple as it being that for many people their energy bills are their single biggest monthly expenditure and they therefore need the closest attention and customers have a right to expect the bills to be both timely, accurate and most importantly correctly calculated?

Experience also shows that some of these newer energy companies have been granted Operators Licenses by Ofgem to supply energy to the British public without them actually having the faintest clue about what the regulations actually requires them to do or having the necessary resources or fully functioning and tested systems in place to allow them to do that.

Granted the regulations are very complex but unfortunately ignorance is no excuse and customers don't expect to have to pay for the 'schoolboy' errors some of these energy suppliers make while they learn what is required.

Don't you think that if the Multiplier as used by Iresa actually worked the bigger energy suppliers with far more resources and technical know how at their disposal would already be doing it that way?

In the end I decided to leave my electric with Iresa based on cost as hopefully there's not much they can do wrong with the billing for that but yesterday I made the sensible decision and started a switch to Zog for my gas. For me £10 per year is not a lot to pay for the peace of mind.

I now need to start a formal complaint with Iresa regarding their CV/Multiplier calculation error and other areas of non-compliance with the regulations on their bills and as previously requested by Ofgem I need to provide them with a copy of my gas bill for them to use as evidence of Iresa's non-compliance in the case they're building against them.
  • System
    Options
    We seem to be the lucky ones that don't need any hand holding. We transferred our electric to Iresa last year and have not had any problems, so no need to contact them by phone. Any queries we have sent them by email or the on-line facility and waited for a response (which although not instant, has been within a reasonable time). The changeover went smoothly and was happy enough to recommend them to a relative when their e-on collective tariff came to an end.
    Received the message the other day that the bill was ready to download; logged in OK and there it was, with correct readings and calculations. Same for the relative. Seems like it is gas they possibly can't get right.
    Have done a comparison today and we are still on the best available tariff for electric; so unlike a lot of other people, we are happy we signed up with them.

I am not sure that getting the initial meter readings wrong on a switch; billing for an incorrect period and use of the wrong CV for gas can be described as 'hand holding'. All new start ups have issues: it is how a company deals with these issues which marks out the good from the bad. So far, Iresa seems to be in denial. We live in a digital age: what was to stop them sending out an e-mail informing gas customers that they have a billing problem which they hope to resolve by 'x'?
  • Roger-Jolly
    Options
    I recently signed up under recommendation from MSE Energy Club.
    Switch has gone fine. The only gripe I had was in regard to the opening meter reading I sent them, which obviously was the closing reading they had to provide to my out-going supplier. When I received my closing bill the closing reading was not what I had submitted. Before I phoned to challenge them, I decided to check with IRESA to ask what info they had passed to my previous supplier. This is where the gripe comes in. It took me 1 whole hour to get from caller no. 31 to being dealt with by their agent. (The meter reading issue was resolved so I could contact my old supplier), but I did say to the IRESA agent, "I am sure others have told you that a one hour wait to have your call answered is not acceptable"? He replied that they were looking to deal with it. We will see how things progress, but on the bright side, I am still receiving energy through the metres and paying less than before. I would go with it.

Roger
  • System
    Options
    I recently signed up under recommendation from MSE Energy Club.
    Switch has gone fine. The only gripe I had was in regard to the opening meter reading I sent them, which obviously was the closing reading they had to provide to my out-going supplier. When I received my closing bill the closing reading was not what I had submitted. Before I phoned to challenge them, I decided to check with IRESA to ask what info they had passed to my previous supplier. This is where the gripe comes in. It took me 1 whole hour to get from caller no. 31 to being dealt with by their agent. (The meter reading issue was resolved so I could contact my old supplier), but I did say to the IRESA agent, "I am sure others have told you that a one hour wait to have your call answered is not acceptable"? He replied that they were looking to deal with it. We will see how things progress, but on the bright side, I am still receiving energy through the metres and paying less than before. I would go with it.

Roger

The meter reading that you provided is not necessarily the one that will be used to open and close your accounts, as all meter readings on switch go to an independent third-party for verification. The important thing for the consumer to check is that the opening and closing readings are the same.

Why - don't they trust me?

The simple answer is 'No they don't. Same transfers get delayed; some people do not bother to send in a meter reading; some mis-read the meter, and some people send in a high meter reading when prices are rising to save a couple of £s.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the above sums up my attitude. Some people seem to need instant responses and reassurances for what is an annual or ongoing contract. Any under or overpayment will be corrected over time. I moved from Ebico where I used to receive a bill every 3 months. People always used to cope with this. Why do people now need constant and instant conformation about their energy bills? With Iresa there is clearly an initial delay in being able to view bills online and difficulties in contacting them but energy is being supplied and DDs are being taken as agreed.
    How much hand holding do customers need?
    I don't need hand holding but I do expect the system they advertise to work. I have been with them for 11 weeks now. I can not submit meter readings on line, they will not reply to messages left on line, they leave me in a queue of 50 to answer the phone, they will not bill me monthly as promised.

I am not unduly worried as I only have electric with them, my spreadsheet shows exactly how my account sits and they are paying interest on my credit balance.

Zog has been mentioned as not having a high tech system. True but you submit a reading once a month and you get an accurate PDF bill e-mailed a week later. Any queries and they reply within a couple of hours.

Any system does not have to be high tech but it does need to work.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    With Zog all you can do is leave a meter reading. No meter reading history, bill history or payment history so nothing to fret about if its not as expected.

Yes, there's alot to be said for operating the mushroom management process with some people, isn't there? :)

But then they will just moan they don't have a fully functional, interactive, live updating, online account management system. :cool:
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    I don't need hand holding but I do expect the system they advertise to work. I have been with them for 11 weeks now. I can not submit meter readings on line, they will not reply to messages left on line, they leave me in a queue of 50 to answer the phone, they will not bill me monthly as promised.
    They will bill you monthly, eventually :).

It seems clear that Iresa aren't on top of their customer service problems but I wonder if its a Northern Rock scenario where customers loose faith in something which then increases any problems. How many of the 50 people ahead of you on the phone could save themselves (and you) a lot of stress by trusting the system.

If Iresa cannot manage a quick set up of online accounts telling customers it may take X weeks to set up or reducing what information they offer could help.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I have recently joined IRESA Ltd (February 2017). The switch was easy, with no issues I am aware of. I have been uploading meter readings every couple of weeks to my online account, which is easy to do also. The only issues I have with this company is the customer service. When you raise an online query they NEVER get responded to and out of the three I have raised I have had to close two myself and there is one still open.

I am trying to speak with them (as I type this) on the telephone, as I am confused why they haven't taken any direct debit payment for March and when the payment will be taken for April, as noted before I have only paid one month and don't wish to build up a big debt with them...

I have been on the phone now for 1hr and 7 mins trying to get through and have successfully moved from Caller 41 to 15, this therefore means I may have an average wait of a further 50 mins to get through to basically ask the company why they aren't taking any money from me...!?!?!?

If they wish to supply gas and electricity for free that's fine, but I would rather get the issue sorted now, rather than when a large bill has been accrued...!!!

In summary the means of contacting this company are nearly none existent...

They seem to take one DD in advance then skip one before resuming monthly DD's, so if it's just one they've not taken don't fret too much yet.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • LyndaS
    LyndaS Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2017 at 2:28PM
    Options
    We seem to be the lucky ones that don't need any hand holding. We transferred our electric to Iresa last year and have not had any problems, so no need to contact them by phone. Any queries we have sent them by email or the on-line facility and waited for a response (which although not instant, has been within a reasonable time). The changeover went smoothly and was happy enough to recommend them to a relative when their e-on collective tariff came to an end.
    Received the message the other day that the bill was ready to download; logged in OK and there it was, with correct readings and calculations. Same for the relative. Seems like it is gas they possibly can't get right.
    Have done a comparison today and we are still on the best available tariff for electric; so unlike a lot of other people, we are happy we signed up with them.

I suspect I'm going to get flamed for this, but you seem a lone voice in the sea of complaints I read on this and related threads.

So may I request to join you as another "lucky" customer? :)

I applied to join Iresa about 3 weeks ago. I had read some of the complaints, but most seem to have appeared in the last 2 weeks. Anyway I was preparing myself for the worst.

I applied to join Iresa via their website, having been enticed by their low prices, but wary of the complaints people had posted, I also checked their terms carefully. I knew they are a relatively new supplier, so perhaps I was expecting some teething issues...

Anyway within 24 hrs of application, we had received confirmation and acknowledgment of my application to switch.
    It gave us all the expected timings, and so far they have been as good as their word.

They set up the direct debit with out bank, and took the first payment as they said they would (they even sent another email to remind us just before they collected) last week.

That reminder came as our cooling off period ended, and that is also when they gave us access to the online account.

Having checked the online account, I could see there was no meter details set up, as many people seem to be complaining about, meaning there was no way to enter meter readings.

But there was access to the online messaging system, and I noticed one of the pre-defined titles was about meter readings, so I decided I could use that if necessary.

I checked again when my DD was taken, and was upset that my online account was not showing teh credit. But then I noticed it said it could take up to 4 working days for credits to show on my account.

Today, 5 days before the actual switching date, I have just checked my online account again.

First thing I spotted was that my DD payment was now credited, well within the 4 working days they say to allow.

Then I checked the meter details, and they too are now loaded, and the facility to enter meter readings up and running for me. It seems they only made this available this from the time the window opened to allow acceptable meter readings to be submitted, but I will enter them on the actual switching day next week :)

So, so far, I have had no need to contact Iresa, apart from making the application to switch to them via their website.

If I search really hard to find something to complain about, I suppose some may find the following a little irritating:

a) We have E7, and I was expecting two fields to enter day and night readings. On the Iresa site, you have to tab to another page to enter the second registry entry. Strangely, it even allows for different dates for each registery reading. :huh:

b) Credits are not shown immediately via the online account

c) The tariff detail loaded was not what I was expecting, but then realised all prices were shown excluding VAT

But I think I can live with these small quirks of the Iresa online account - some small suppliers do not even provide you with online account access at all, and I managed to survive without it before the internet existed.

Looking forward to a year of cheap electricity now :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport