Feeling Ripped off by Neilson and BA inflight withdrawl

Looking for some advice.

I booked a holiday with Neilson to Greece last month for May 2017. The flights are BA charter and I have in my confirmation from Neilson that an in-flight meal is provided.

Neilson have now contacted me to say that BA have changed to M&S to provide their inflight service and that this is now a chargable service.

Neilson have said that they will not compensate me as it was a complimentary service.

My argument here is that my contract is with Neilson and that my confirmation says that an inflight meal is provided. Neilson will however not budge on this.

So where do I go from here? - I'm obviously unhappy with this change as I now need to budget for the extra cash to pay for drinks and a meal that when I booked were included in the total cost of the holiday. Its an extra £124 (2 people having 4 drinks, a sandwich and snack, there and back).

Many thanks for any input / guidance
If at first you don't succeed, keep on trying

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Read this thread to see what others say.

I cannot see you getting anything from Neilson or BA TBHO

£124 for F&B :eek:

Take your own?
  • Register each of your party with BAEC and ask BA for 1,000 avios each.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I may be misunderstanding this but I understood that BA were stopping free refreshments on their scheduled flights and going to M&S sales however Charter flights tend to be different...eg they offer no BA benefits such as lounge access for Exec Club members, no Avios or Tier Points and deliver the service onboard that the company chartering the plane and crew ask and pay them to.
    Was this a charter or a scheduled flight that Neilsons were using?
  • trolleyrun
    trolleyrun Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Do you have a flight number? If the flight number starts with a 9 it is a charter flight and does not come under BA regular ops and a charter company has hired the whole aircraft. Charter companies will have bought a package from BA, such as use of aircraft with a specific number of seats, and any refreshment arrangements.

If the flight number starts with anything but a 9 it is a normal scheduled BA flight and the new rules apply. Bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks (drinks to be bought after security due to liquid regulations).
  • Its an extra £124 (2 people having 4 drinks, a sandwich and snack, there and back).

Who gave you those figures? It's only a short flight. Just buy something at the airport to take on board.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Boots meal deal £3.79. 2 people = £7.58. That's the outbound sorted.

Not sure how much catering is at Greek airports. For arguments sake let's say they don't offer the same value as a Boots deal. Allow for £10 each = £20.

Ask them for £30 as a good will gesture.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Who gave you those figures? It's only a short flight. Just buy something at the airport to take on board.

I suspect the OP is totting up the cost of 4 x alcoholic drinks each, each way....spirit and mixer would be £6 each so £96 total...don't think I would bother (but then 16 drinks is probably my annual consumption!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure