Bathroom paint colour?

Comments

• OK, I've got a sample of the vinyl flooring.
    2hggsax.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 October 2016 at 9:30AM
    juliettet wrote: »
    Very pale Aqua in my similar bathroom.

Something like this?
    db1f1f21facd765d1cfafda9546dc0ce.jpg
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Re bathroom paint-I bought some a few years ago, thinking it would be similar to silk vinyl, which is what I normally use in bathrooms and kitchens due to the condensation etc.

However, I would never buy it again, as whenever any cleaning products, particularly bleach, accidentally splashed on it, it took the paint straight off! Not that I was throwing the bleach about, mind you, but occasionally when cleaning the loo a bit would flick off the loo brush etc. It may have changed now but just a warning.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    We have an anthracite colour floor and pale blue walls, with our white suite and tiles.

The colour, a bathroom one, was called duck egg, but it's more like a light airforce blue.

We decided that it needed a pop of bright colour so bought a red bath set.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Thanks for the comments/suggestions guys.

On a related subject, kitchen and bathroom, curtains or blinds?

If blinds, what kind?
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments/suggestions guys.

If blinds, what kind?

I have no blinds or curtains in my bathroom, it has obscured glass & overlooks my long garden.

I am all tiles, large white ones laid brick style to lesson the stark effect. White ceiling, white suite. I have a row of 3 deep mosaics in shades of brown/beige/taupe neutral around the middle of the room (tiles above & below). I have wood worktop & wood flooring.

I have wooden blinds in my kitchen.
  • Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments/suggestions guys.

If blinds, what kind?

I personally prefer blinds - Venetian ones so you can clean them easily. I tend to avoid fabric in high moisture areas due to the potential for mold growth and kitchens due to the more greasy atmosphere.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No blinds in bathroom, have a textured glass so you can't see in and absolutely no need for any other window cover.

No window cover in the kitchen either, although I have cook books and large chilli plant there, so covering street level view in and still enough uncovered window above to provide plenty of light.

Depends on your setting, do you feel you need some? Are you overlooked?

As for colour-with this flooring you can go for any white/off white, blue or light grey shade-depends what you like the look off!

Dulux has blueberry white for example, which is off white with very subtle hint of blue.. I have it in the living room where we have City grey feature wall and it just blends in nicely.. not stark white to make the wall too stand out and feels very cozy.
  • Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Something like this?

db1f1f21facd765d1cfafda9546dc0ce.jpg
    Yes Bob. I have a plain white blind. I spent my money on nice towels.
  • OK thanks juliettet.

Regarding the kitchen blinds (I have two windows in the kitchen), I have Magnolia painted blown vinyl paper, with white ceramic tiles, and a wood effect vinyl floor.

Cupboards are a slightly darker Magnolia-ish colour, and counter tops are an off white, with mid brown speckling.

Suggestions for the colour of the blinds?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure