Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    icharus wrote: »
    Is it time to switch?

Could well be. I've been patient but I'm getting to the point now where I've really seen enough of Iresa and have evaluated them as "shoddy" at best.

Going to start looking for a suitable alternative I think ..
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Still can't get onto their website and getting fed up with this hassle when trying to access my bill.
    Had a look at the latest Trustpilot comments and they are just as bad.
    It will cost me a good bit more but almost ready to pull the plug, as the very recent vibes are not good.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 May 2017 at 3:44PM
    stay away from iresa.Their landline is always an hours plus wait,their e mails are the most part not answered and if they are they never act on them, they have been billing me incorrectly since I joined in march and they are simply uncontactable using incorrect meters and readings and merrily taking by direct debit instruction which I am trying to cancel but they will of course keep re-applying for it and failing to contact me.they clearly have no infrastructure.Stay away they are nothing but hassle

What do you mean, the supplier is uncontactable to supply meter readings.
    You should normally give meter redaings using the onlibnne account
    If that is failing (it works ok for me), you can use the online messaging systemn within the online account
    If you don[t have an online account (why not? It was all set up ok for me) then you can just send an email.
    If all else fails, and you are really deperate, just send a recorded letter to the registered address (though I wouldn't boither)

Contact your bank if you want to cancel the DD (by doing so, you will be in breach of the the terms you agreed to)
    Complain to the bank if it gets re-instated against you will.

You'll ahve to pay for the energy you use sometime, and that is why you pay monthly. The longer they take to get you a bill, the bigger your credit grows, and don't forget you get a bank-busting 4% interest on all credit.

But if you want to switch, because you fail to understand how the supplier works and the terms you agreed to, then you are free to do so - there is no early exit fee applicale.

But I fear you will have similar issues with other suppliers

But at least I graced you with a response that you clearly were hoping to achieve, seeing as you went to the trouble of creating a brand new user account, only to disappear the moment you posted

So on that note ... Good luck!
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    I decided to swtch from iresa and Bulb has really good Trustpilot reviews. During the transfer process an additional IGT charge was added. On top of the additional costs this was too expensive so I am having a rethink. I am still worried about the survivability of Iresa and the hassle should they fold.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Website back up. Still no meter set up. 43p interest added. Every little helps. :D
  • icharus wrote: »
    Is it time to switch?
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Could well be. I've been patient but I'm getting to the point now where I've really seen enough of Iresa and have evaluated them as "shoddy" at best.

Going to start looking for a suitable alternative I think ..
    icharus wrote: »
    Still can't get onto their website and getting fed up with this hassle when trying to access my bill.
    Had a look at the latest Trustpilot comments and they are just as bad.
    It will cost me a good bit more but almost ready to pull the plug, as the very recent vibes are not good.

For me personally I think it is now time to switch. The writing has been on the wall for Iresa for some considerable time and I get the feeling that it's literally only a matter of time before Ofgem are left with no choice but to deal out the final death blow in the form of a large fine for continued non-compliance. Should that happen and given Iresa's financial accounts it will no doubt end up forcing Iresa into bankruptcy.

Iresa have had plenty of time to sort things out but I honestly can't see that there's any visible evidence of any improvement at all and if anything things have only got progressively worse as time has gone on.

For me this situation can't be allowed to continue and therefore my decision has now been made and acted upon. I've already switched back to Zog Mercury 12 for gas and today I've just started the switch back to E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v9 Online for electric.

Doing this will obviously cost a few quid more per month but at the end of the day the peace of mind this will bring will be worth every penny.

Better the devil or devils you know than ones you don't! Once again lesson learned the hard way........well maybe until the next time I make the same mistake of trying to save a few bob. :D
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Another gas bill has appeared in my account today dated 10th May 2017 for April usage.

Unfortunately the calculations are based on an incorrect calorific value of 40.0 yet again.

My support request of 14th April asking for them to bill me using a correct calorific value remains open and unanswered.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    SnowMan wrote: »
    Another gas bill has appeared in my account today dated 10th May 2017 for April usage.

Unfortunately the calculations are based on an incorrect calorific value of 40.0 yet again.

My support request of 14th April asking for them to bill me using a correct calorific value remains open and unanswered.

Please send a copy of your latest bill to Liz Chester at consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk. I was informed by Ofgem last month that they had been given an undertaking by Iresa that the CV issue would be resolved in full by the end of April.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hengus wrote: »
    Please send a copy of your latest bill to Liz Chester at [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL]. I was informed by Ofgem last month that they had been given an undertaking by Iresa that the CV issue would be resolved in full by the end of April.
    I received a reply from Liz Chester on 24th April to say my March bill that I had sent to OFGEM was being forwarded to the relevant policy team for their information.

I have as as you suggested forwarded this latest bill to Liz Chester also.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • punamulta
    punamulta Posts: 193 Forumite
    I'm switching to Npower through quidco, the £60 cashback eased the pain a bit. I'm thimking a larger company should have the resources to manage the transfer if problems arise with this switch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure