Orchid V4, V4+ Programing Tool Support

Comments

• I have updated the internal version number - there are no published links to any but the most current version so you should have no problems with version control if you download from here - and here is the only place I link from.

I am considering changing the file name of all future versions to 'Wendy' to avoid the confusion of version numbers :rotfl:
    markja wrote: »
    Not quite the same in an OFF2007 or later ribbon based interface. However this is no different to just looking at the filename.

Hmm. OK. I guess it will be if I d/l it again. But it is soon lost when I save the file or it gets autosaved etc... The created date is not a good way to confirm a version.

OK. So you confirm the version number inside is different (and incorrect) to that in the filename. May I suggest the author (or someone) update the internal version references to match that of the filename version. It can be very confusing to someone coming to this thread well after the fact.

Yes. And I probably will. But that is not quite addressing the root cause.

Also...
    Can the 'posted date' text not be changed to match the release date shown at the top. Or better still just remove it to avoid the conflict.

Tks,
    mark J
  • I didn't find it helpful
    You didn't find what helpful?
  • Will this work with office 97 ?
    Stephen
  • Omega_1
    Omega_1 Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    For we 'Non-Tech' folks am hoping that our saviour Heinz will rescue us once again and give us the step-by-step formula for manual V4 Changing when we alter the clocks at the end of the month - what would we do without him ? !!
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Will this work with office 97 ?
    I'm still using Office 2000 so chances are high.
    Omega_1 wrote: »
    For we 'Non-Tech' folks am hoping that our saviour Heinz will rescue us once again and give us the step-by-step formula for manual V4 Changing when we alter the clocks at the end of the month - what would we do without him ? !!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...8#post36882948
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • markja_2
    markja_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was also wondering if the chnage to BT's off peak times at the start of Oct has had any impact to the pre-canned contents of this version?

Tks,
    Mark J
  • Heinz
    edited 13 October 2010 at 10:20PM
    Kevin's spreadsheet mirrors 'the Heinz program' and that assumes BT line rental and one of the Primus CPS plans which give free calls to 01/02/03 numbers between 6pm and 8am weekdays and all day at weekends.

However, to make the program usable by those on BT's Unlimited Evening & Weekend plan too, 'evenings' were set as 6pm to 6am (the times BT's designated at the time).

Now that BT has changed those times, those on BT's Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan instead of Primus CPS, need to make appropriate alterations to cells C17 (to 0700) and C19 (to 1900) on the spreadsheet so that programming cell D20 is updated.

Similarly, those on Primus CPS may want to alter cell C17 to 0800.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • markja_2
    markja_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the reply to my query. I'm with Primus as my CPS provider so will adjust cell C17 from 06 to 08 as suggested.

Another question.
    If I look at http://www.primussaver.co.uk/ every A/C requires a monthly fee of some kind. But I am with Primus Saver and have never been charged a monthly fee (as expected). Is this an old A/C which is no longer offered? It is also confusing when I see the use of both palnet Talk and Primus saver used almost interchangeably. My bill quots all these URL's
    New Primus Saver Website

We are proud to announce the launch
    of our new website. We hope that the
    improvements we have made, make
    visiting our site easy to use.

The new site provides all the latest
    information on our products and services
    and we will be improving and expanding
    it over the coming months.

www.primussaver.co.uk
    and
    You can now access your account
    details online via our website
    www.planet-talk.co.uk. To register
    please contact our customer service
    team on 0800 036 3839 or by
    email: [EMAIL="ebilling@primustel.co.uk"]ebilling@primustel.co.uk[/EMAIL].
    and
    When you introduce a friend to Primus
    Planet Talk! Call 0800 036 9988 or visit
    www.planet-talk.co.uk to find out more.
    and
    www.planet-talk.co.uk
    For all the latest products, promotions
    and to view the Primus Code of Practice.
  • Heinz
    edited 16 October 2010 at 10:58PM
    I think Primus realised the error of offering free CPS accounts (I'm still on the wonderful Penny Mobile 2) and gradually withdrew them.

With regard to websites, I only ever use https://secure.planet-talk.co.uk/ to access my account.
  • Le73Uq86Uv
    Le73Uq86Uv Posts: 336 Forumite
    edited 21 October 2010 at 10:07AM
    Thanks Kevin for the program.

Here is a known working/tested modem:

Smatlink USB 2.0 56K Modem.
    Model: M56EXT-USB-N

Seems to come under lots of other makers names:

Example: Ebay Item number: 370366217435
    Signature removed club member No1.

It had no link, It was not to long and I have no idea why.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure