Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    No beans for me, I still refuse to do the round trip to nearest Morries. And everyone only really likes Heinz. Talking of which on my last bottle of Tommy K. :eek:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Those RTC black waxed cheeses in As people were only picking up the odd one the other day and there was me with half dozen in my trolley. :D

Someone was discussing they would keep a month or so more and I said I have eaten them year over :o, so one guy picked up another one. :rotfl:

They only went down to £1.02 in my local I'm sure others here got a better bargain. I wasn't going to keep going back and forth until the final RTC as didn't want to miss out, but thought decent enough price for 400g of vintage and will be even more antique by time it's opened. ;)

I think I got 3....
    Unsure how much I paid....50p or 75p:)

I had a similar conversation with someone over yoghurts the other week...I told them that Westie is still eating the ones from last summer:eek::D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    No beans for me, I still refuse to do the round trip to nearest Morries. And everyone only really likes Heinz. Talking of which on my last bottle of Tommy K. :eek:

No beans for me either TS.....but I still get excited when I see what other people are getting. The Elite cupboards will be full for a while:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Isn’t it odd how there always seems to be something going on on this thread. :rotfl:

Just as one thing finishes, something else pops up:D

Great to hear lots of people getting the beans:T:T

The Elite are full of beans ... :D.

Anon
  • Tinyshoes
    I think I got 3....
    Unsure how much I paid....50p or 75p:)

I had a similar conversation with someone over yoghurts the other week...I told them that Westie is still eating the ones from last summer:eek::D

Did you get the look of disbelief. :eek:

Was having the conversation about xmas puds with aunt and had to explain it is only a best before date on them.

On xmas day Mr TS got out the choice from the cupboard and said that one will have to go back in as it was still in date. :rotfl:
  • Tinyshoes
    No beans for me either TS.....but I still get excited when I see what other people are getting. The Elite will be full of wind for a while:)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:o :rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

:o :rotfl:

:naughty::naughty::naughty:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    It's very difficult leaving go isn't it.
    You have to keep telling yourself 'not my concern', but if you know people you just can't help but think of them.
    8 years on and when my assistant manager died I have had dozens of messages about it, I had to go back into work mode to organise!!
    Concentrate on eliting (SP?), it saved me in dark times.
    There is another world out there away from work, I could have gone on for another few years but I eventually played the sick card, and haven't regretted it.
    OK we can't have first class holidays in exotic climes, but I have my health, my sanity, my family and friends... what more do I need?

Escaping with your health and sanity is an achievement!

:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :rotfl::rotfl:

I can't justify buying beans as we never eat them except in a cottage pie & I'm still using the Heinz ones from when those strange triangular shaped 5 (?) packs went very very cheap in Ts, ahem :o a 'few' years ago :o 2015 is the date on them :o

I still have half a gallon left of Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce dated 2012 = tastes fine :D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,993 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have we got to the bottom of timing on droid envelopes? I was in front of two santa atms which both had it and going fromone to the other I could swipe about every 10s but if I opened a second envelope in less than about 25s I got the not available message. If I had waited an opened them later at home might it have worked ok or is it the swipes that need to be a certain time apart? Thanks

Note I google for contactless enabled atms and the first two in said were did not work but the santa one had a contactless symbol and was.
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport