IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM parking penalty on residental car park

Options
Hi all,
I live in property for over 8 years, in the last 3 years our community has decide to get PCM to avoid random people's park in our residential parking bay. Last week I parked my car as always but my permit sticker has fell off my window when I went upstairs. We pay service charges and also when I bought my flat this allocated parking space was mine. I appeal to them that the sticker possibly come out of the window but they said they reject my appeal but I can do different appeal to IAS. If I will do this appeal my discount will be expire and I will have to pay 100f. What should I do?

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is what happens when you get into bed with the devil!
    Did you actually agree to let these scammers do this?

These Muppets have sold in a service, but declined to inform you that the residents who they are supposed to protect are fair game to extort money from too, and that is all they are interested money, nothing else what so ever!

What a pity that you didn't come here first before appealing, however if the flat and the space do belong to you the PPC is trespassing on your land.

It is not a penalty it is an invoice, the discount is really a bribe to get you to cough up without creating a fuss, anyway why are you thinking about paying scammers?

If you are silly enough to pay up you will be seen as an easy target to scam again.

Appealing to the IAS is futile they support their members come what may forget it.

Read the newbies start here thread then come back for more clarification.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 September 2017 at 9:46PM
    Options
    RasJaras wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I live in property for over 8 years, in the last 3 years our community has decide to get PCM to avoid random people's park in our residential parking bay. Last week I parked my car as always but my permit sticker has fell off my window when I went upstairs. We pay service charges and also when I bought my flat this allocated parking space was mine. I appeal to them that the sticker possibly come out of the window but they said they reject my appeal but I can do different appeal to IAS. If I will do this appeal my discount will be expire and I will have to pay 100f. What should I do?

When you say "community" are you part of the decision making

Very bad move to take on PCM did you not do your homework
    about these cowboys.

They belong to a scam organisation called the IPC who
    in turn operate the IAS

The IAS is a scam system that supports their own members
    which means there is no fair system so an appeal will be
    rejected

Right now, the courts are very anti when parking cowboys
    ticket residents as you have an un-fettered right to park
    regardless if the permit was not displayed

Best for you to talk to the others about this because this
    problem will not go away and it would be best to terminate
    PCM or restrict their actions

In the meantime sit back and wait to see what they will do
    and then come back here
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I live in property for over 8 years, in the last 3 years our community has decide to get PCM to avoid random people's park in our residential parking bay.

Which idiot thought that was a good plan then? Who agreed to that stupidity? WHY do residents agree to this RUBBISH?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RasJaras
    Options
    Hi, after my appeal and long essay written to them, has been allowed and no further action will be taken by pcm, parking charge has been cancelled, thank you :)
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Now get them thrown out
    They WILL create more hassle for you in the future!
  • safarmuk
    Options
    Hi - can you share your appeal text and the response here so others can learn from what you wrote and appeal likewise? Would be very helpful to this community.

Was the appeal to the IAS or back to PCM?

Well done.
  • RasJaras
    Options
    You completed the appeal on 15/09/2017 15:55:13.

Hi I live in this property for over 8 years, never had problem with PCM, but last week when I parked in my allocated parking bay the sticker with permit has come off of the window, I didn't see it happens as I was after night shift. This parking space was given to me since I bought the flat, we pay service charges for this. Why should I pay the penalty charge when I'm the owner of this parking bay. It's not my fault that the company PCM provide stickers which coming off very easy, and send me an letter that for an extra charge they can provide me better permit holder? I attached letters from a2dominion regarding my parking space. Thank You

I've send them a letter from a2dominion which is the company who take care about our flats and also I send them map with parking spaces.

That's what I write to them, it was sent to IPS as the PCM has reject my appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2017 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Must have been those Dominion letters and map showing you own the space. Well done!

Now, get the scumbag parking firm removed. You don't need a protection racket near your cars and visitors. Kick them out.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • safarmuk
    Options
    Well done RasJaras.

This is very interesting though, it sounds like you essentially sent them your lease and a letter from a2dominion and they have accepted this combination prevents them applying the parking charge (correctly as you have rights to park there irrespective of whether you display a permit or not).

Traditionally I have seen appeals to the IAS that contain a lease rejected on some extremely ropey arguments (embarrassing so), which makes me wonder what was in the letter from a2dominion and who are they?

Can you let us know the answer to those two questions please - are a2dominion the Free Holder or Management Agent and what did the letter a2dominion contain?

This information would help us advise what other residents who have the same problem as you have should get in writing to assist them at IAS stage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure