The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

A help to all Students

My niece Claire has just purchased a Visa Debit Card. She is 18 and does not want a credit card, she wants to be in control of her finances and not get into debt.

It acts like a top up phone card, just load money on to it at any Bank or Post Office and it can be used at any ATM cash machine worldwide, on the internet or any shop where the Visa Logo is displayed.

Happy New Year.

Viza

Comments

• Hi Viza, I don't really understand what your trying to say here, I thought it was pretty obvious how a visa debit card works? It's nothing new is it? ???
    !"£$%^&*()
  • student100
    student100 Posts: 1,059
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hello Viza and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are describing a Visa PrePaid card. It could be useful for some people but most students will have at least one student bank account with either a Visa Debit or Maestro (formerly Switch) debit card which is linked directly to the bank account and would be more convenient than topping up a prepaid card.
    student100 hasn't been a student since 2007...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure