No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Comments

• Good start to October - thankfully!
    UU
    1. Derma V10 Micellar Cleansing Water WDNBA EVER. I only got this a couple of weeks ago. It was horrible, really stung my skin. Used it up quite liberally during a marathon makeup brush cleaning session.
    2. LUSH Rainbow Worrier Bath Bomb WBA. Got this from the Kitchen, nice gentle scent, really softened the water.
    3. Garnier Ultimate Blends Delicate Oat Soothing Balm WBA. Nice scent, not sticky but very moisturising.
    4. Bee Good Body Lotion sample WNB. Too sticky and left a white cast.
    5. Collection Mascara WBA if I can work out which one it is. This was an old one which they've since repackaged and all the writing's come off the packaging so I don't know what it was called.

I also TA a Weleda Skin Food. I've had it for ages and got it out to use but it smelt off and had gone lumpy. I never much got on with it anyway.

Another mascara I've got on the go is starting to feel a bit dry so that's going soon. I also have a toner and two mini moisturisers nearly done. Hopefully I'm on a roll! :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a uu

Garnier 2 in 1 Soothing Makeup Remover - WBA and have already replaced.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Carolyn12
    Carolyn12 Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello ladies!

I have decided to jump back in this month, after a couple of tough months of RL. I had my surgery at the start of August, so had been almost house bound for the first few weeks.
    I am now a bit more mobile and can get out and about with assistance, but not independent yet (which I think might be a blessing after becoming a little obsessed with youTube make up videos....)

So, as you can imagine, I haven't really been UU up many products other than the staples: shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, facial moisturiser; and I have had several INs (freebies, mag freebies, gifts).

However, as a treat to myself, I think for the first time ever, I will treat myself to a beauty advent calendar. I know it's not really in the spirit of the challenge though :( So therefore, I must get on with the using up!

One UU to start October:
    Imperial Leather lavender and jasmine shower creme 250ml. WMBA. I liked this, although it didn't seem to last very long.

One IN:(
    nSPA cherry every day shower scrub 200ml.

Have a great day all! :)
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello everyone. I have come over from the Arms. You can call me Tips.
    I am very careful on what I spend on toiletries for myself. Anti- ageing expensive creams are such a con. BUT, I say with a big but, I am overindulgent when it comes to cosmetics. Does this thread include make-up?
    Tips x
  • Oh no, advent calendars! I'm going to have to resist I think I totally cannot afford one.

I will have INS! I have gone for it :o. To be fair though I never treat myself and I've done a few extra shifts this month so that's how I'm justifying it!
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    In again for another month. I'm not getting through products very quickly these days (only 4 last month with 2 INs) as I don't stockpile products the way I used to.

Looking at my spreadsheet of products (I know, geek alert!) the products I'm not getting through very quickly are things like nail varnishes (rarely wear) and cosmetics like moisturisers and makeup. How do the rest of you use them up? Does there reach a point where products get so old or used so little that you just throw them away?

The only things I throw out that are old tend to be things like Mascara, eye cream, eye primer etc due to the risk of infection, if they are unopened I keep but bin once they have been open for 6 months.

Everything else I keep unless it goes off.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just getting caught up. Just in for the 5 by Christmas Challenge. These are:

1 - OPI mini polish - would like to get rid of more of the mini's I have
    2 - Urban Decay one & Done - this is a light weight product I have been using in the summer when I don't want to use foundation, there isn't much left but won't use this as much now the weather is changing adding to the list to ensure I make an effort to UU before it goes off.
    3 - 1 Lancôme sample Day Cream - nearly finished my full size Hydrazen, want to UU at least 1 sample before I open another full size
    4 - 1 Travel size Body lotion - Once the Crabtree & Eveylyn one is gone would like to try and continue using Body lotion. I think UU a travel size is manageable
    5 - UU 1 Urban Decay eye shadow - other than 50/50 - have loads of eye shadow and loads that have hit pan, would like to get some more finished.

Plus my carry over from the 7 by Autumn challenge:

1 - Benefit Fake up Concealer Full sized - Hate this
    2 - Benefit Watts Up Highlighter sample 2.5g. - Prefer Powder highlighter
    3 - Urban Decay Scandal Lip Gloss mini 1.7ml. - almost gone
    6- Urban Decay Eye Shadows, 505/50 from Naked on the run palette just remaining round the edges and in the corners
    7 - Crabtree & Evelyn Avocado, Olive & Basil Body Lotion 250ml. Almost there

No movement as yet, but almost finished my current full sized day cream and will be onto UU the samples by the end of the week, would like to get through all the samples before I buy another full sized one.

Another eye shadow hit pan last week, so have quite a few that are close to being UU now, must get rid of some.

Went a bit mad in lush on Saturday, so will be having nice baths for a while, bathroom smells lovely with the bath bombs and bubble bars in there.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nice to see you back Carolyn X

2 more UUs :-

Superdrug B range facial wipes. WNBA. The only wipes I really like are the Yes to a grapefruit ones as they hydrate my skin. None that I've tried remove mascara though. These ones were not wet enough.

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom shower gel. This was Emma's and smelling it last night reminded me of her as she wears the perfume too. I like this fragrance and have the hand cream in stash.

Am wearing OPI Liv in the Gray and it looks like an excellent dupe for Break a Leg warmer. I have ordered some of the new colours for Emma and had them sent to Uni. Have seen new Essie Fall Collection and am lemming the Koi colour (can't remember full name).

Work started on dry rot yesterday and things may be worse than we thought with maybe our kitchen being affected too.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • MrsRogers
    MrsRogers Posts: 631 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all

Can I join. I am a self confessed beauty junkie and I need to curb my habit.

I have done a a purge and binned everything I haven't touched in 12 months as didn't see the point keeping unnecessary clutter.

My stash is still hugely excessive and I need to get through it.

My only ins will be my monthly Cahorted beauty box (gift) and anything that needs replacing where I have no alternative.
    Goal - We want to be mortgages free :j

I Quit Smoking March 2010 :T
  • I will have INS! I have gone for it :o. To be fair though I never treat myself and I've done a few extra shifts this month so that's how I'm justifying it!
    I've just started doing overtime telling myself I will put the extra money towards Christmas presents, but in reality I imagine it might go on presents to myself! I got three advent calendars last year, which was excessive! What one have you gone for bradleysmum?
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Went a bit mad in lush on Saturday, so will be having nice baths for a while, bathroom smells lovely with the bath bombs and bubble bars in there.
    Ooh, what did you get SuiDreams? Did you get Christmas/Hallowe'en stuff?
    MrsRogers wrote: »
    Hi all

Can I join. I am a self confessed beauty junkie and I need to curb my habit.
    Welcome, MrsRogers! The more the merrier!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure