David lloyd gym membership.....prices??

Comments

• miss112
    miss112 Posts: 32 Forumite
    I ve joined David lloyds, was very thorough , or I thought I was, now apparently we have to pay extra for the crèche, 4 pound hour, only first lesson is free for my 3 year old for tennis, my 14 year old can t be there without me. .but when I asked when joining said yes as long as he's been shown everything in gym,be careful anyone thinking of joining, hopefully it will get better, you can only cancel after 12 months and u have to give a months notice in writing, you give it in at reception and ask for receipt.
  • yvonnemaus
    yvonnemaus Posts: 25 Forumite
    Thanks miss112.

Anyone else for listing their membership cost? Please say:

-how many included in membership
    -whether rackets included
    -whether off-peak only or anytime.
    -which club location
  • Called David Lloyd this morning to enquire about membership prices in Luton. Very difficult to get an answer as they want to know what you do for living, your sexuality ("Are you in a civil partnership?"), if you've ever had sex with a woman ("do you have any children"?) basically I just kept repeating how much is it to join, after 20 minutes of this and a woman (don't know her sexuality - wouldn't answer when I asked her) who became very rude when I wouldn't answer her questions I found out that Peak Time membership is £75.50 per month, and Off Peak membership is £65 per month. I asked about Vantage membership price but, for some reason she refused to tell me.
  • yvonnemaus
    Lamlam,
    Is that for membership including rackets - I presume they also do membership without the tennis and squash in Luton?
  • To be honest, I think for the price you pay david lloyd, your getting your moneys worth.
    Im a student at university, and i pay £120 per month for david lloyd, i didnt join my local one because the tennis facilities there are not up to standard as many other david lloyds, i joined in heston however i use sudbury hill david lloyd for gym purposes, with my membership at heston i can go to any david lloyd in england and play tennis and use the gym.

maybe for me its worth it because i play tennis as well as use the gym

ive been to other gyms such as university gym, the gym, and i felt downgraded, thats because the luxury i felt at david lloyd can not be met by other gyms. If i was to advise someone on joining david lloyd, i would say yes

but i agree with some of the comments above, sometimes the service of their receptionist can be awful, but we are all humans.
  • Bigmoney2
    Bigmoney2 Posts: 640 Forumite
    does anyone know roughly(i understand it can vary a bit from place to place) how much membership costs at david lloyd gyms??
    i would be interested in finding out about a joint membership for me and my husband mainly.
    i also understand they do a family membership so would like to know cost of this and what the kids get out of it??
    me and my husband want a membership but we also have a 6yo and 8yo so were thinking if the facilities for them were good and they would get enough extra out of it then it may be worth paying the bit more.

can any of you please help with any info please??
    would also like any reviews/thoughts you may have.
    thankyou.

I was with Total fitness for a few years and they seemed to have quite a lot of things for kids especially during school hols.
    I think they are mainly in the north though so there may not be one near you. They do have the costs on their website.
  • Sphynx
    Sphynx Posts: 877
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wow how many Davis Lloyd staff posing as newbies.
  • yvonnemaus
    Thanks for the replies. I've just realised that mobility of membership across the country is another factor that should be stated for comparing DL prices.

Membership types:

1. With or without rackets.
    2. Anytime, or off-peak only.
    3. Specific gym, or any gym countrywide.
    4. Single, joint (two people), family membership...

So, let's have a display of what people are paying. It's necessary somewhere because at least with savings accounts, insurance, and the like, the new rates for new customers are published so you can see that loyal customers are being ripped off. But with David Lloyd it's all hidden, shhhh, don't tell, zip.

Maybe it is necessary to move gyms every year to avoid rip-off.

My membership:
    Without rackets, off-peak only, Nottingham only, joint (2 people) = £120.

Your turn to say ?????
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    You are all being mugged off.. £40 pm for my local gym with a big pool..do you need tennis?
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • Charliezoo
    Charliezoo Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    I live quite near 3 DL gyms. I visited them all and joined the cheapest one - the prices varied enormously and I use all 3 now which is great as they all have different things to offer.

I'm on a joint corporate membership with my DH and it works out £30 less than if we were on a regular membership and we can use all clubs in the country.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback