Discuss your Freecycle successes

Comments

• tiff wrote: »
    Do you have a link for the swapping group Cinders, does it cover Bristol?

It's done by county and we are in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire.
    All but the Somerset one, they are really new groups so not many members yet.
    We've been trying to get the mods from other Freecycles to put us in their Links section on their Freecycle to boost numbers.
    Some have....others are a little unsure!

I think Bristol would be North Somerset so there is not a separate group there yet as Somerset in general is there that would be your nearest.
    Some members border two counties so they join two!
    Umm..... link..... I suppose it's ok to put it here.
    If not, i'm sure it can be removed by our MSE'ers in charge.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SomersetSwapsAndLoans/
    Just change the county for the other groups.

Getting back to Freecycle, we have 4000+ members now and I think they are happy with their Freecycle experiences.
    We've weedled out a few spammers and harvesters that made their way into the group before it was changed to approved membership, so our members are better protected than before.

It's so nice to get members posting back saying Received with Thanks, and then a little message as to how greatful they are to the person who gave them their needed item.
    Freecycle is so good.
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • jaredava wrote: »
    needed mssng vowel for keyboard!

Love that!!
    Wonder if anyone has one.......?!
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • absolutly loads, i think the best was a brand new freezer worth about £300!! t was intergrated and I'm guessing they just didn''t want it.
    things I've given away,
    TV
    Beds
    Bunk bed
    Books
    Clothes
    Various bits of furniture
    Hamster cages
    Swing
    Guinea pig cage and run
    A lot of the things I freecycle were from there in the first place so my lists are virtually the same!! I also picked up a sky box the other day and now have free sky tv :D
    :hello: Hiya, I'm single mom, avid moneysaver and freecycler, sometimes :huh: but definatly :D
  • scaty
    scaty Posts: 175 Forumite
    gave away
    photography bits & pieces - oldish stuff
    diving fins
    ski stuff - really didn't like being out of control hurtling down a mountain:eek:
    getting rid of juicer - from anther freecycler. I was warned about it being a more trouble than it was worth.

had given to me
    wood - lots of this
    coal - sooo lucky with this, it was before fires became cool/economic again
    slow cooker
    bread machine
    sewing machine

I liked the thought of things having a new life else where:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]Fed up of being kippered by kids - new resolve - the NO word. Still at this[/STRIKE] Dam they struck again!!
    Stay focused on the bigger plan - :rolleyes:
  • I LOVE freecycle!! I've only given away a couple of things, a boys bike and a lamp. But I have so thankfully recieved loads for my first home. Including a recinling chocolate leather sofa, a futon, a wardrobe and mircowave! :j Also got an electric fir for my parents and some books for my brother.

I love everything about it, the recycling and not wasting, and the getting cool stuff free!!
    Thanks to all those who post competitions! :T
    :j 2012 wins :j Just Pink eau de toilette for women :heart2: Me & My Plant Book :heart2: Cadbury's Bubbly Chocolate Bar :heart2:
  • HI there

Given Away:
    Fridge
    Freezer
    Baby Clothes
    Baby Bath and support
    Paint
    Kitchen chairs
    Cross stitch charts
    Computer chair and printer

Received:
    Tomy bed rail
    Brand new mamas and papas cot
    Fish tank
    Two Ikea bedisde tables
    Computer monitor
    Cross stitch material
    Veg plants
    Cd player
    Printer
    Married the most amazing man 05/12/09 and it was the best day ever, I'm a Mrs, he he!!
    :j
    Wins 2009: Peroni Alessi bowl woohoo, 1 in 10 wins DVD from Maltesers, Avon lippy!!!
    Freebies-Bold Gel, Coffee
    Pinecone Research - £9
    Mystery Shopping - £15
  • Received an organ and a mixing deck one wired and one wireless microphone, loads of wires and a special effects pedal.
  • Received a car load of Lovely Logs for my fire today!!
    Will keep us toasty and warm this winter!
    If the kind Freecycler is reading this, THANK YOU!!!!
    (You'll know who you are!)
    ** Stay Safe **
  • davester
    davester Posts: 4,079
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I sucessfully registered:rotfl::rotfl:
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • davester wrote: »
    I sucessfully registered:rotfl::rotfl:

Welcome to the world of 'cycling!
    ** Stay Safe **
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport