New home - new diabled badge?

Hi All

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Do you need to re register as disabled if you have a blue badge from one council and you move to another?

thanks

Comments

• ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    A Blue Badge is valid anywhere in the U K.

You may have problems when you go to renew it.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • Sabelt
    Sabelt Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    my new council is saying that if we want a disabled bay outside, that we have to re assessed
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Sabelt wrote: »
    my new council is saying that if we want a disabled bay outside, that we have to re assessed

If you receive DLA mobility high rate or PIP mobility at standard or enhanced rate then you don't need to be reassessed as you automatically qualify for a Blue Badge.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    JS477 wrote: »
    If you receive DLA mobility high rate or PIP mobility at standard or enhanced rate then you don't need to be reassessed as you automatically qualify for a Blue Badge.

they aren't being reassessed for a blue badge, but for a disabled parking bay.

OP ... each council will have its own criteria regarding eligibility for a parking bay, so yes, you will need to be assessed.

and remember ... the bay can be used by any blue badge holder
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    And if it's just paint on the road and a TRO has not been issued (there will normally be a sign on a pole on the kerb stating it is for disabled only if a TRO has been issued) for it then anybody can park there.

Sometimes councils try cost cutting by not getting a TRO in the hope that it is not well known that there can be no enforcement without one
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    The original post did not mention a Parking Bay!

Just a Blue Badge.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I think you have to advise the issuing council of a change of address for the Blue Badge (so that they can update the records); you might find that this triggers the process for transferring the issue to the new county. I'd guess there is a procedure. It's a council thing. There's bound to be a procedure ...

eta. First council retrieved by Google was Cornwall. They say:
    If you move to Cornwall from another area, you can continue to use your old badge and apply for a new one from Cornwall Council when it expires. You should tell the Council that issued your old badge about your change of address.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    nannytone wrote: »
    they aren't being reassessed for a blue badge, but for a disabled parking bay.

OP ... each council will have its own criteria regarding eligibility for a parking bay, so yes, you will need to be assessed.

and remember ... the bay can be used by any blue badge holder

The title of the thread is :- New home - new diabled badge?

Ergo as the OP is moving home they were asking if they would need a new Blue Badge.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Response from OP further down mentioned a bay:
    Sabelt wrote: »
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    JS477 wrote: »
    The title of the thread is :- New home - new diabled badge?

Ergo as the OP is moving home they were asking if they would need a new Blue Badge.

read the post you previously quoted ( and answered about entitlement to a blue badge)

it talks about the need to be reassessed for a PARKING BAY
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport