Default Removal

I am trying to have a few defaults removed, Is it better to offer full and final payment in exchange for removal? I believe they have been added incorrectly but is it better to go down the nice route and offer settlement?

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello there,

A creditor has an obligation to ensure that your credit history is accurately processed. if you believe that there are incorrect defaults you should consider raising a challenge. It can be time consuming, mind you.

If you offer a full & final settlement the general outcome is that the debt is simply marked as 'settled' and the default will still show on your file. Some creditors place the marker has a full settlement, some class it as a 'partial settlement'.

Best wishes,

David @ NDL.
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Slim chance, but worth asking.

Depends who owns it.

Very unlikely mind.

HB
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts