PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Shabby Chic; Volume III

Comments

• cherisong wrote: »
    I am working on the same kind of nest of tables in the hope that it will match my ottoman and use it as side tables for the guest room. I have the wallpaper from LA to match the material. Pinched the idea off a lady on here, either Kandi or Hart sorry cant remember which one.

Or maybe me :D

P5260440.jpg
  • MrsMoo2U
    MrsMoo2U Posts: 4,005 Forumite
    Bibbitybob wrote: »
    Or maybe me :D

P5260440.jpg

oops I did it again!!! Even worse though............. that is EXACTLY what I am doing, same paper and all :eek::eek: I will put a little tag in stating inspired a la bibbity!!!
    Some days there aren't any trumpets, just lots of dragons. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow -- Mary Anne Radmacher
  • newmee
    newmee Posts: 395
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :j Happy New Thread everyone :T

Hart44, I blinkin blinkin blinkin LOVE those shelves. You are one lucky chicer. Lovely friend :) I obsessively look at them daily on ebay (yes I know sadder than sad) but never see any bargains near me :(

Looking forward to a thread fulla photies :D You'll get some more from me when my party is out the way in October but till then I've gotta focus on that and new job I'm hoping to start in next few weeks.

Thank you all for your continued inspiration. Look forward to my daily updates :)
    The greatest gift you'll ever learn,
    is just to love and be loved in return
    :love:
    Nature boy - Eden Ahbez
  • pennib
    pennib Posts: 1,417
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Foxglove you have got a lot on the go there! I'm doing a patchwork as well....turning out more expensive than I first thought :0( BUT the bookcase was free so I justify it that way!
  • gingababe
    gingababe Posts: 1,040
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Happy New Thread !!
    Love it keep the inspiration coming !!!

GB x
  • cherisong wrote: »
    oops I did it again!!! Even worse though............. that is EXACTLY what I am doing, same paper and all :eek::eek: I will put a little tag in stating inspired a la bibbity!!!

:D I'm sure many have done similar before me, and many will do similar after! But it's nice to know that seeing mine inspired you :)

I've almost finished painting up a pine plate rack in F&B 'French Grey' (what, no 'dimity' I hear you cry?! :eek:). I love the colour, but it's not what I was expecting it to be. Will try and get pics over the weekend when it's dry.
  • Bittybob I love the nest of tables!

I posted this on the baking thread too but I'm a show off and the cake stand is Cath Kidston so its allowed here also ;):D
    DSCF1505.JPGDSCF1492.JPG
    ♥ Blogger at Victoria's Vintage Blog ♥
  • TinyPablo
    TinyPablo Posts: 292 Forumite
    edited 17 September 2010 at 8:48PM
    Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker and love looking at all your fab creations. I thought since this was a shiny new thread, it was a good opportunity to finally introduce myself and show you my very first shabbied up item. I bought the little chest of drawers in a second hand shop as I really liked the shape of the legs, sanded it down, stained the top walnut and painted the rest old cream. I am really pleased with how it turned out.

Before:
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com092.jpg092.jpg

After:
    104.jpg
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com104.jpg
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    edited 17 September 2010 at 9:09PM
    Bibbitybob, those are exactly the type of table and now I've seen how much better they look revamped, it's going to be hard to wait until the Christmas hols to get it done! I don't have the nest though, just the largest and smallest. Yours look great as a white nest,not sure about mine though, our room's got lots of dark wood to it, so I'd probably stick to a dark stain or re-varnish. Is it still shabby-chic if it stays dark? Great to see a visual on the finished product though, thank you!
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • TinyPablo, that is just gorgeous!!

HabibiBoo, how about if you painted the legs light and then distressed the paint so that the dark colour shows through? That way it would be shabby chic, but still work with the rest of your wood work?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure