Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• scofra
    scofra Posts: 20 Forumite
    Hi Samantha,
    Thanks for your reply. Just to let you know the cashback amount got updated today on my account to the correct amount (£66.66). I will keep my eyes on this; but for now, no further help is needed.
    Regards,
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi scofra,

That is great to hear :)

If I can ever be of further assistance though, please do get back in touch.

All the best,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I'm wanting to buy tickets in las vegas but the uk topcashback seems to lack choices for this.

I think topcashback dot com (*) has some, what is the connection, can I transfer between these sites, are they the same owners?

While I understand the localisation, sometimes its a bit provincial...

(* stupid forum keeps converting that to a url, and then refusing to post because I'm a new user, so have to type it out).
  • Tagatose
    Tagatose Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    My £63 Carphone Warehouse cashback has become payable but when I go to the payout section, it will only give me £63 through PayPal. I currently have the Plus trial which ends on 3 December 2014 so shouldn't I have 5% of £63 in addition to the £63, payable through PayPal (an extra £3.15)?
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 23 November 2014 at 9:19AM
    @Tagatose, the £63 will include the 5% top up. The cash back would have been £60 plus 5% (£3) which gave a total of £63. Don't forget to cancel your trial if you don't want to pay the Plus membership fee.

I was going to book with Sunshine.co.uk, but the stats are misleading. No payments since September, despite a supposed average of 3 weeks and 4 days! I'll go elsewhere and via another cash back site!

More alarming is NPower, although this transaction has been confirmed, the estimate has slipped to a whopping 43 weeks from an initial 12 weeks! Work that one out! This will be chased up in around three weeks time via the company and all regulatory bodies if not paid by then. I have several screenshots to show this could well have been a deliberate misleading promotion. Still no payment stats and I believe members have waited as far back as the beginning of the year for payment from this offer. What is wrong, is that it is still being heavily promoted (even today), despite the known issues.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • So no answer about the US topcashback? Maybe I'll just join that one then...
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Smidscot wrote: »
    I'm wanting to buy tickets in las vegas but the uk topcashback seems to lack choices for this.

I think topcashback dot com (*) has some, what is the connection, can I transfer between these sites, are they the same owners?

While I understand the localisation, sometimes its a bit provincial...

(* stupid forum keeps converting that to a url, and then refusing to post because I'm a new user, so have to type it out).

You are unlikely to get an official answer today as tcb don't usually reply here over the weekend. Though they do sometimes monitor the posts on a weekend, so you could get lucky.
    On the old tcb forum, I believe it was stated that you would have to have an individual account for both sites. You may even have to purchase the tickets in the USA via the tcb USA site and not whilst in the UK. I could be wrong there though, but I believe it's something to do with tracking.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there,

@Smidscot, I am sorry that we have not been able to get back to you over the weekend, I can confirm that you can have an account on both the UK and the US site. I hope that you enjoy Las Vegas :)

@Tagtose, what B_M has said is correct and this will include your Plus Member top-up, apologies for any confusion there though. Also, if you do feel that you do not wish to remain a Plus Member, then you will need to opt to become a Classic Member prior to the end of your trial. You will be able to access the page to do this by going to your My Profile section on your account and by selecting Membership Details, on the right hand side.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I am waiting for TCB to chase 2 claims for me, one after the other. Whatever the reason, it's put me off using them in future!
    Saving for a return trip to America, 3 weeks on Route 66 for our honeymoon just wasn't long enough!
  • jamichi1
    jamichi1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had an open claim for Ultralase for more than 1 year. No response during this period. So naturally, I sent a message to Topcashback - within hours I had a response that my claim was declined - for no reason whatsoever. I then responded with the obvious question "You had the claim open for 14 months without giving me an update and now you e-mail me that it is declined, within hours of me sending a nudge. Is that possible?". Do you want to know their response? Yet another copied and pasted response: "As you know we have not been identified by the merchants network as the last referrer.." (which by the way it is impossible). So, not only don't you read what people write to you, but to make matters worse you respond using copied and pasted answers!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback