PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cleaning a 3 piece suite

Hi, After some tips on cleaning a cream coloured suite. All help will be appreciated.

Regards

Farquarpigmix

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hiya,

Welcome to MoneySaving. :)

I'm sure someone will be along soon with a good answer... he sez... hopefully... I had a look in our cleaning thread and couldn't spot anything useful, sorry. Spot. No pun intended :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • sarah1
    sarah1 Posts: 185 Forumite
    HI
    Check local free newspapers for special offers on small cleaning companies, or give them a call and ask them what offers they have on at the momment.
    We had ours cream three peice cleaned last year for £26. It came up like brand new and it was bone dry when the guy had finished.
    It's not worth the expense of cleaning materials and all the hard graft of doing it yourself ;) . These guy have the machines and expertise to do it quickly and they look and smell great afterwards. :o
  • reverie
    reverie Posts: 427 Forumite
    I know this sounds stupid but do they definately not have removable covers? Just checking as my dear mum spent hours trying to clean a suite once and then found hidden zips to remove the covers! Doh..
  • Coolhandluke
    Coolhandluke Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If covers aint removable then tend to agree with Sarah,had a couple of chinese type floor rugs cleaned the other day by professional cleaner and they came up like new.I was very impressed.
  • farquarpigmix
    farquarpigmix Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everybody,

Thanks for replys, will check papers etc for best deals.
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 637 Forumite
    What's the covering made of?
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time) :D
  • farquarpigmix
    farquarpigmix Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Luis,

A fine cotton cord I think?
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 637 Forumite
    Can you not sponge it with a proprietary cleaner? It would not be that hard work.
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time) :D
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I did that with a "free" sofa that had had dogs virtually living on it. Vanish for the muck and Febreeze for the pong. Cost me darn near fifty quid in all - and LOTS of scrubbing.

OK I admit - just a clean would be half that, less if it's not very dirty... but from the prices I've seen quoted here for professional cleaning I WISH I'd met MoneySavers earlier! :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport