Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• roey
    roey Posts: 142 Forumite
    Amazing rates near Regents Park and Euston- 4*- London
    Turns out to be Thistle Euston. Hope this helps.

My best win so far : trip to lapand:j:j:j
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    isplumm wrote: »
    Well, I couldn't wait for a reply any longer so I went ahead and booked the above hotel! I did my research and I felt confident it was the HILTON TOWER BRIDGE and it was!!!!

I got an absolute bargain there - £151 for 2 nights (weekend). Direct with Hilton would have cost £220. I am one happy bunny!

Hi Pinky,

Thanks for this ... I managed to get this hotel for £260 for 3 nights for this weekend (thursday - Saturday) ... Hilton was quoting over £600!!!, so very pleased!! :beer:
    Don't forget thats got no carpark
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 30 Forumite
    Fabulous Rates In Trendy Chelsea - 4* - London
    A modern and luxurious 4 star hotel which has recently undergone a multi-million pound refurbishment programme. Located in the fashionable area of Fulham, this stylish hotel offers superb access to the most trendy and premier shopping areas of Kings Road, the chic boutiques of Knightsbridge and the retail outlets in Kensington. All rooms feature flat screen plasma TV's, videos-on-demand, Wi-Fi, broadband, large bathroom with underfloor heating, fridge & working desk.

Can anyone tell me where this is, sorry if i've posted twice, just geting the hang of it
  • siaoeh
    siaoeh Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 June 2009 at 11:20PM
    popstar wrote: »
    Fabulous Rates In Trendy Chelsea - 4* - London
    A modern and luxurious 4 star hotel which has recently undergone a multi-million pound refurbishment programme. Located in the fashionable area of Fulham, this stylish hotel offers superb access to the most trendy and premier shopping areas of Kings Road, the chic boutiques of Knightsbridge and the retail outlets in Kensington. All rooms feature flat screen plasma TV's, videos-on-demand, Wi-Fi, broadband, large bathroom with underfloor heating, fridge & working desk.

Can anyone tell me where this is, sorry if i've posted twice, just geting the hang of it

just stayed at this last week, its for the Millenium and Copthrone Hotel at Chelsea Football club. beware though, the top secret rooms are for rooms in the older wing, ie the Copthrone Hotel. upon checking in, they will ask if you want to upgrade to the newer wing for £40 a night extra, which includes breakfast and use of the lounge (drinks and canapes all day I think)

we stayed at both wings, first night with the upgrade package (they mis-sold it to us but that's another story)

the rooms are basically almost identical, maybe slightly newer looking furniture at the newer wing (ie Millenium Hotel) but to be honest, as we did not have time to use the breakfast or lounge facility at all (tube strike meant we were out from early till late) we found the upgrade a total waste of money.

one huge downside to the Copthrone Hotel (old wing) is that the air con system is so old it was barely working! we couldn't really sleep all night it was that hot! rung reception at 3am but no one picked up. the attitude of the reception guy was totally crap about any complains but the conceriege guys were really nice.
  • Hi,

Can any one help with this secret hotel on last minute.com as im keen to book.

Superb high quality hotel next to Tower Bridge - 5* - London
    This hotel is offering luxury facilities and great views over London for all travellers. Dining in the hotel's restaurant is a great experience, enjoy local and international dishes with a good service. All guests enjoy complimentary use of the swimming pool, gym, steam and sauna

Thanks
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 30 Forumite
    siaoeh wrote: »
    just stayed at this last week, its for the Millenium and Gloucester Hotel at Chelsea Football club. beware though, the top secret rooms are for rooms in the older wing, ie the Gloucester Hotel. upon checking in, they will ask if you want to upgrade to the newer wing for £40 a night extra, which includes breakfast and use of the lounge (drinks and canapes all day I think)

we stayed at both wings, first night with the upgrade package (they mis-sold it to us but that's another story)

the rooms are basically almost identical, maybe slightly newer looking furniture at the newer wing (ie Millenium Hotel) but to be honest, as we did not have time to use the breakfast or lounge facility at all (tube strike meant we were out from early till late) we found the upgrade a total waste of money.

one huge downside to the Gloucester Hotel (old wing) is that the air con system is so old it was barely working! we couldn't really sleep all night it was that hot! rung reception at 3am but no one picked up. the attitude of the reception guy was totally crap about any complains but the conceriege guys were really nice.

Thanks for that, think I'll give it a miss
  • siaoeh
    popstar wrote: »
    Thanks for that, think I'll give it a miss

it might have just been us being unlucky with the room we got though :o
  • Lurleene
    Lurleene Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    siaoeh wrote: »
    just stayed at this last week, its for the Millenium and Gloucester Hotel at Chelsea Football club. beware though, the top secret rooms are for rooms in the older wing, ie the Gloucester Hotel. upon checking in, they will ask if you want to upgrade to the newer wing for £40 a night extra, which includes breakfast and use of the lounge (drinks and canapes all day I think)

one huge downside to the Gloucester Hotel (old wing) is that the air con system is so old it was barely working! we couldn't really sleep all night it was that hot! rung reception at 3am but no one picked up. the attitude of the reception guy was totally crap about any complains but the conceriege guys were really nice.

I might be mistaken but I think you really mean the Millenium and Copthorne hotel as that is based at Chelsea Football Club. The Millenium Gloucester is nearer the Natural History museum.

I hope you're wrong because I'm staying at the Millenium Gloucester next month!:D
  • siaoeh
    Lurleene wrote: »
    I might be mistaken but I think you really mean the Millenium and Copthorne hotel as that is based at Chelsea Football Club. The Millenium Gloucester is nearer the Natural History museum.

I hope you're wrong because I'm staying at the Millenium Gloucester next month!:D

yes yes I meant the Millenium Copthorne :p they are all the same chain I get confused! thanks for pointing out my mistake.

I would recommend you test out the air con in your room as soon as you get in at Millenium Gloucester next month. we were there last July, checked in at about 4pm, the room was boiling hot, we left the air con on till 5pm when we had to leave for our meal and theatre, room was still hot and windows only open an inch, so we told reception abt it, they said they'll sort it while we're out. got back at nearly 1am, nothing done abt it! after lots of hoohaa and engineer checking on it for nearly 30mins, we were so tired, asked for another room. got there, unpacked, got ready for a shower and bed... but air con wasn't working properly still... so at 2am(ish) the engineer came out again... was fiddling with it while we sat and waited, barely keeping our eyes open and with sweat sticking to our backs... the manager called and asked the engineer what's wrong, to which he replied 'the system is too old, that's what's wrong!' hmm, seems like too often he's had to go and try to fix something that basically can't be fixed? finally at abt 3am they moved us to a presidential suite (which wasn't that great either, just huge with walk-in wardrobe, jacuzzi that didn't work, kitchenette and a seperate office room), where we could finally go to sleep in a relatively sweat-free state. we've had to miss an appointment with some friends the next morning though, we were gutted, especially me, as I've booked the night in London as a birthday treat to OH :mad:

the next day we moved to the Millenium Baileys next door and had a much much better experience, much nicer staff who actually seems to care and most importatnly, air con that works! though the room was smaller but more than enough space anyway as we weren't looking to dance in there :p

the area is really nice though, good bus links, tube station right on the corner and walking distance to Natural History Museum, V&A and the Science Museum, lots of nice food at kensington (my fav being Kulu Kulu the sushi bar) hope you have a nice time and a room with air con that works! :D
  • bombardier
    bombardier Posts: 70 Forumite
    Amazing Rates near Regents Park and Euston - 4* - London

This modern hotel is superbly located between the green peacefulness of Regent's Park & nearby St Pancras. Situated a stone's throw from Euston Underground, the hotel is just minutes from the heart of the West End or a short walk from the buzz and excitement of Camden. Guest rooms are well equipped and brightly decorated with a warm d!cor and light wood furnishings. Enjoy a meal in the hotel's cosmopolitan brasserie or a drink in the comfortable bar.

Confirmed as Thistle Euston, Cardington Street, Euston, NW1 2LP.

I just booked a single room for two nights (a Friday and a Saturday at the end of June) for £118.00 inc. VAT. Booking directly with them would have been £181.70 (54% more expensive) so a saving of £63.70, plus £3.54 cashback through Greasy Palm makes a total saving of £67.24 so I'm more than happy.
    Mac OS X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure