Handmade Christmas decorations

Options

Comments

• scorpiokirsty
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5V5uRKL_eI&feature=related

dont forget the homemade 3D snowflakes....i make these every year - they quick and easy and if u get the kids to colour the paper in first or use coloured paper they can be very colourful
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    :j
  • emg
    emg Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you can knit a little bit then there are some lovely little stockings and rabbit/bear tree decorations here...

http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/free_knitting_patterns/christmas-tree-bears/

http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/free_knitting_patterns/mini_knitted_christmas_stockings/

Sorry, not sure how to post pictures but I promise they are very cute!
  • susiecm3
    Options
    I made these last year and they were fab came from mse, got a fleece blanket in asda for about £1, plus their cheap white socks and made 5 myself and the kids done the other 5, just used a cushion from wilkinsons for stuffing :)

http://www.craftelf.com/Winter_Sock_Snowman.htm

Going to see if I can find some larger socks this year and make a big one :)
    Thrifty Gifty Money Making =£280 Sealed pot challenge 1192 Toluna = 77339 Bingoport = £10 redeemed + 3347
  • susiecm3
    Options
    oh and here have the snowflake wires www.threadabead.com
    Thrifty Gifty Money Making =£280 Sealed pot challenge 1192 Toluna = 77339 Bingoport = £10 redeemed + 3347
  • CupcakeSquirrel
    Options
    I've made a few things over the last couple of years - although to be fair most things last year were homemade gifts (must look for another thread on that...).

Anyway, my favourites last year were these decorations. Very cheap to make - a couple of pieces of red felt, one of white felt, needle and thread, pins, some sort of stuffing, and a bit of ribbon.

Added it to my tree of bought decorations, and guess which ones got the most comments...

• CupcakeSquirrel
    Options
    I'm sorry - I can't get my picture to show! Sorry! :(
  • dizzytina
    Options
    Ohhhh a brand new shiny thread. Can i join please?. Midnight i loved your gingerbread adventures last year so can't wait to see more. I am just experimenting with a button and wire decoration which i'll post pics of when its done.

I like decorations being in a seperate thread - I'm a list making kinda girl so i like to seperate topics into sections etc. I think it makes it easier as Christmas as a whole is such a big topic things get lost in the big threads.

Now i'm not sure if this counts as decoration but i have just made a santa stop here door hanger so i'll post it anyway. More pics on my homepage if anyone's interested x x
    IMG_0339.JPG
    V 12500 B 8300 N 1900 Oct £51/£155
  • Willow92
    Willow92 Posts: 2,186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2011 at 5:11PM
    Options
    Got my wire snowflakes and beads today :)

ETA: Done one today, need to finish the ends off properly with pliers but my OH did them with tweezers. Here it is :)
    6147583776_f63a4b199f.jpg

I'm quite proud that I made something (with help from my OH)
    Savings £8,865.22 £/15,000 Aiming to save enough for a house deposit.
  • shiprob195
    shiprob195 Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 September 2011 at 7:52PM
    Options
    I have been busy today making Christmas Angels.
    uniqueangels.jpg

newangels3.jpg

I need to find some very fine silver thread to suspend them on now.
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
  • shiprob195
    Options
    Willow92 wrote: »
    Got my wire snowflakes and beads today :)

ETA: Done one today, need to finish the ends off properly with pliers but my OH did them with tweezers. Here it is :)
    6147583776_f63a4b199f.jpg

I'm quite proud that I made something (with help from my OH)
    Your snowflake is lovely.
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    :D:D:DWeight loss so far 5 stone 8 lbs

:rotfl:Loss needed to get to target NONE!!! TARGET MEMBER :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills