Lifestyle Claims

Options

Comments

• growleygrumps
    Options
    Well i have not received a call so i decided to ring Lifestyle back. I rung the 01792 763480 no and there is only an answer machine called salcombe communications ltd, so i rung Lifestyle customer services on 0844 6699333 and have tried pressing all the options as i kept getting cut off 9 times in total and that includes the option for signing up with them. It looks very much like i can wave goodbye to my £352 as i am getting nowhere with them. The poster (worked for Lifestyle) who says that it is all above board should just check their facts its a complete con and should avoid at all costs. If you are not sure try ringing these numbers as i have just done.

GG:mad::mad::mad:
  • growleygrumps
    Options
    :jWell i have finally had contact with Lifestyle following a lengthy conversation with MOJ who were extremly helpful especially as they are regulated by them. They advised me to write to them advised how to word it and give them no longer than 14 days to respond. Whilst speaking to Lifestyle i was advised that everyone giving bad feedback about them on this site are ex employees, i politely corrected him as i have expressed my problems re lifestyle on MSE and i have never worked for them lol!!! Now i get through to them immediately and i have been informed that they have had success with 4 out of the 5 credit cards and within 2 weeks i should receive my money. The clock is ticking as if this doesn't happen i will be making an official complaint to MOJ, Lifestyle know i have spoken to them. So anyone else have a problem follow this and you may be surprised!!! But hey don't hold your breath, i just felt i had nothing to lose!!!

Good luck
    Growley:)xx
  • PaleRiders
    Options
    Growleygrumps
    I too am struggling to get back the £352.50 Lifestyle persuaded my mother to part with. She's 83 and was totally confused by their telephone requests. Lifestyle have ignored all letters, emails and phonecalls (unanswered) but today I got an answer to my phone call. When I explained the problem I was put on hold for several minutes until I could wait no longer! Any chance you could pass on what the MOJ advised you should write?
    PaleRiders
  • growleygrumps
    Options
    Hi Paleriders

I am not trying to claim the £352 back, i was stupid enough to complete the forms that they sent out for each credit card. There were 5 in total and for each card i had to include a £10 & £1 cheque to allow my credit card details to be released to Lifestyle.

But you could try wording a letter similar to mine if its the £352 you are trying to reclaim. I had to include dates and times that i had tried to contact them and explain what the problem was each time i called. If they did not respond to me within 14 days then i would be left with little option than to make an official complaint to the claims management regulater at the ministry of justice. They said to word the letter stating that it was being sent recorded delivery. It may be worth your while speaking to MOJ on 020 3334 3555 and explain the age of your mother and that this was them cold calling, also explain they will just not respond to you.

I know how sneaky they can be when getting a credit card number off you. They give you a lot of personal information and then they ask you to give a card number so that they know that they are actually speaking to the right person, basically proving who you are. Then at the end of the call they slip in that they will take their fee from the credit card you have given them and they do it immediately.

I think the MOJ may be interested in your call, as your mother is 83 i don't see what they can claim back for her as even if she worked to retirement then she will have been retired for 23 years. This is supposed to claiming back PPI etc and in my opinion they would have had very little success going back at least 23 years.

When you call they know who you are as they identify you by your telephone number. It may be worth ringing from another number and as soon as you tell them that you have involved the MOJ they take notice and start being very helpful. I typed my letter out and i told them i would give them until 5pm that same day to come back to me and failure to comply i would be sending my letter recorded delivery giving them 14 days to respond.

Good luck with it and please let me know how you get on with it. Don't let them get away with it, i think its disgusting what they have done to your mother!!!:mad:

GG
  • michmur
    michmur Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 April 2011 at 2:00PM
    Options
    Hi i've just been contacted by "the claim guys" they have'nt asked for money upfront just 30% win fee i really dont know what to do it's tempting to let someone who know the system sort it out for me but i dont want to be ripped off and the whole process seems reasonably straight forward. Anyone got any suggestions???
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    michmur wrote: »
    Hi i've just been contacted by "the claim guys" they have'nt asked for money upfront just 30% win fee i really dont know what to do it's tempting to let someone who know the system sort it out for me but i dont want to be ripped off and the whole process seems reasonably straight forward. Anyone got any suggestions???

They are dodgy. They cold called me and tried to tell me I had been mis-sold. Even when I pointed out that I was an IFA and do all my own stuff they still told me I could complain and get money.

The dodgy claims companies are known by the firms. So, using one can be counterproductive.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    michmur wrote: »
    Look here for claiming your self for a mis sell.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    Make sure you look at the reasons for mis sell and if any/all apply to you then put a claim in.
    Doing it yourself will get the same result a claims co can..the only difference is the 30% you will have to give them.
  • fireflies
    Options
    I was contacted by this company in the morning when I was still half asleep (the wrong half I might add).

I said I was not interested and they asked whether it was because I didn't like the cold-calling - I said that was part of the reason (tired still, forgive me) and they gave a long spiel of the MOJ authorisation etc and suggested they send an email - they then tried to push it again and I said I would look into it first and they offered me a call back.

Got their email and it has all the t&cs and mentions briefly an administration/vetting fee - scroll further down below the T&Cs and it states the administration fee is upfront and £299 + VAT - needless to say I will be ready for their call back and will have a few suggestions based on my new opinion of them..
  • Chris_Gooderham
    Options
    I am bloody furious,I,ve had dealings with Lifestyle claims,after a cold call,they told me they could claim PPI back on a loan I had a few years ago,they then asked me to pay £179 pounds up front,and they would send me a claims pack,This money was then taken from my account before I could bat an eyelid,I have since decided to live abroad,and duly told Lifestyle claims I no longer wished to pursue any claims,and would they kindly return my money to my account,this morning,they informed me they could not return my money,because it was after the 14 day cooling off period,So my advice to anyone getting a call from this so called reputable company,is to tell them to go away,and put the phone down!!I wonder how many more people have fallen for this con trick,they must have thousands of pounds of peoples money they refuse to return,it looks as if I can kiss my money goodbye!!
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    I am bloody furious,I,ve had dealings with Lifestyle claims,after a cold call,they told me they could claim PPI back on a loan I had a few years ago,they then asked me to pay £179 pounds up front,and they would send me a claims pack,This money was then taken from my account before I could bat an eyelid,I have since decided to live abroad,and duly told Lifestyle claims I no longer wished to pursue any claims,and would they kindly return my money to my account,this morning,they informed me they could not return my money,because it was after the 14 day cooling off period,So my advice to anyone getting a call from this so called reputable company,is to tell them to go away,and put the phone down!!I wonder how many more people have fallen for this con trick,they must have thousands of pounds of peoples money they refuse to return,it looks as if I can kiss my money goodbye!!

Was the money taken from your account before the claims pack arrived? This, I understand is not allowed and also cold calling is debatable (although if you query this with the MOJ they can say that you may have signed/ticked something within a loan that stated your data could be passed around!?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure