~Make £10 a day November 2016~Everybody Welcome

Comments

• I hope you are all having a good day and are managing to stay dry. It's been raining here non-stop since just after midnight. Deep standing water right across some of the local country lanes:eek:

Just got home after the tabletop sale. Total waste of time with so few buyers and most of the sellers were so bored that they were buying stuff from each other. Managed to restrain myself as the stall holder next to mine had some lovely things but I need to get rid of stuff rather than acquire more;). Bought 2 books for 40p each though.

Only made £13.70 profit after the £4 table fee:(. The organiser felt very sorry for us (2 sellers sold less than their £4 table fees) and gave all the sellers a slip of paper saying our table fee at the next sale will be half price:T.
  • Happymac
    Happymac Posts: 215 Forumite
    Up to 11.21 with some roadkill and some coins.....I live in a rural area so no car boots or facebook selling I am afraid
    June 23.25/250 Monthly money making target
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey guys - I am new here. What kind of things have people been doing to get up to that £10 a day? I am part of Onepoll and just recently signed up to Swagbucks. Would like to get in to selling on ebay etc. but don't really know where to start. Does anybody have any tips?

swagbucks, gifthulk, instagc, slicethepie, facebook selling pages, ebay selling, carboots, surveys like pinecone, panelbasenet, mysurvey, yougov, prolific acacdemic, shop and scan, consumer pulse, free lottery sites and much more.

Firstly take a look through the referrers board and see if there are any sites that take your fancy, sign up using a referral and then leave your own.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

ebay guides on how to

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

There are also smartphone apps for making extra money.

I will have a bit more time this week to make some posts on different things.
  • Happymac
    Happymac Posts: 215 Forumite
    Is it usual to go down rather than up in this saving malarky?? I have had £1 'borrowed' today which I doubt i will see again.....happy days
    June 23.25/250 Monthly money making target
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happymac wrote: »
    Is it usual to go down rather than up in this saving malarky?? I have had £1 'borrowed' today which I doubt i will see again.....happy days

yes can happen. especially when we have savings and we end up using it for emergency stuff rather than what it is meant for.
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    £10 in amazon vouchers for me today and won a £30 M&S gift voucher in the Church Christmas draw yesterday.
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • Happymac wrote: »
    You're not the only one Happymac I have had another £10 sale today from fb but unfortunately had to fork out at the vets yesterday and today so was hit with nearly £60 for antibiotics and painkillers I think it hurt me more than the cat! :rotfl::rotfl:
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Right I can finally add something to this!
    Had to buy new jeans (trust me! I don't buy myself stuff often!) so went to Debenhams yesterday and not only was it 20% off but I had £27 of vouchers! Huzzah! So I shall claim £27 for that as I was going to spend it anyway but didn't as I had the vouchers.

Then I needed a new bra (again... this was slightly over due!) and I got £30 off through a loyalty scheme so I'm claiming that too! :D

Not as much as I'd have wanted but none the less still £57 I'm potting which I would have had to spend any way.
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • bloomfelt wrote: »
    You're not the only one Happymac I have had another £10 sale today from fb but unfortunately had to fork out at the vets yesterday and today so was hit with nearly £60 for antibiotics and painkillers I think it hurt me more than the cat! :rotfl::rotfl:

I empathise with you over the vet bills. I seemed to spend a small fortune at the end of last year on my cat:eek:. The worst of it was that I'd had Pet Insurance for him since he was 6 months old (and only made one claim in 8 years and that wasn't a mega one). I found most of the conditions/injuries I've had to claim for since that one were not even covered by the policy (dental being one of them that has cost me a lot:eek:). Or after the excess was deducted were not worth claiming for as I knew my premiums would go up to balance it out;). I cancelled the insurance and am now 'building in' some extra to my emergency fund (largely fed by what I make on this challenge:j) to cover any future vet fees.

I hope you and your cat are recovering well from the ordeal (and the expense):beer:
  • Well done on your savings MrsTinks:beer:

It's always so nice to get the things we were going to buy anyway at a cheaper price through being canny with vouchers, points and so on. I love a bargain:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure