Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning

Snap glad to hear your friend has improved X

Qoc how is your mum doing? X

Lady shopper how is it going with the garden situation ? X

Pippo that really made me smile , it reminded me of the many things nan came out with X

Sunshine mummy I'm coming to live near you , I know where I can pick blackberries and that's it :)

All quiet in the house today all visitors gone home and two children going away so down from 11 to just the 4 of us :)

She's not doing too badly, thank you :A she's just started medication to stop her twitching but I had to battle to get that for her. The doctors receptionist tried saying that she had to wait until an appointment became free and that wasn't until 23rd August :eek::mad: needless to say I got on the phone and had an appointment for her two hours later :cool:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 13 August 2016 at 9:36AM
    Anon wrote: »
    Good morning.

I thought a heatwave was due to arrive yesterday ... has it been delayed?

Anon

Heatwave......not here....yet.....if you check the BBC weather app it's always 3 days in the future......ALWAYS:rotfl:

It never seems to get here:o

Well the whole day stretches ahead of me like a blank canvas....a bit of gardening, a bit of pottering, do my eyebrows, visit A:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Heatwave......not here....yet.....if you check the BBC weather app it's always 3 days in the future......ALWAYS:rotfl:

It never seems to get here:o

Well the whole day stretches ahead of me like a blank canvas....a bit of gardening, a bit of pottering, do my eyebrows, visit A:)

Very very true.... unless it is the day you have gone for a long walk dressed in thermals and without sun tan lotion... then the sun pops out, making you boil and burn!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Snap, good luck for the Disney event today. :j.

Pleased your friend is out and about but very shoddy treatment from her boss :mad:
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Anon wrote: »
    Good morning.

Anon

Apparently due Tuesday now :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

At least we have better weather than Rio.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • altojack
    edited 13 August 2016 at 9:56AM
    Anon wrote: »
    Good morning.

Anon

I think it may be here with me :D

Edit: 3rd time lucky

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    Why do siblings stir things up for each other?

DS4 has dropped several hints that DS3 is cycling today , 100 road race here in Suffolk. He's said nothing to me but he knows how I feel about him taking part in this sport :(

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning everyone,

Nothing runs smoothly does it- I have skimmed many pages so very out of touch - but pleased for sarahdol your results are good and hopefully you are on the mend, snap ant - hope the ball goes well and your poor friend, oh dear,- again pleased shes on the mend, but talk about jobsworth, her bosses, more like slave labour!!! and Rose what a situation you are in you have had lots of strong and good advice but from what I see you need to involve a solicitor - on a lighter note I also agree with ssm re caravan and farmers field :) but I hope all turns out ok for you. Im sure there are many that needs hugs and kisses, and congratulations for missed birthdays, anniversaries etc...my smileys don't work so youll have to make do with thoughts and the writing of... (my laptop updated its self to windows 10 a month or so ago and since then it is difficult to post on here and fb and more often than not I cant even read posts as 'script error' keeps appearing and I cant get rid of it...touch wood its ok at the mo hence the post)
    Anyway I arrived back from a lovely 2 weeks away in Majorca last Saturday but just too late for the pizza gu glitch- you cant help some people can you? I emailed my son with the deal, but he didn't partake :( when I go on sunday for my baby sitting duties what do I see in the fridge .....a T finest dessert similar to the gu and a T pizza- I give up- he always makes fun my shopping and deals, but he always buys designer clothes off ebay so hes not dead against saving money I just cant understand it,!!
    ..So I was in my house 15 hours before driving to London, drove back home again Wednesday teatime, midday Thursday started to feel unwell, hot and cold sweats and vomiting Thursday night, then lethargic and sleepy all Friday - fighting fit today :) I have lost 2 days which I couldn't afford to do, with cleaning,washing,ironing and shopping all to do, and we have my 86year old mil coming round teatime and for the evening,so that's a meal to cook and prepare and we usually play cards in the evening, so im going to be a little busy- then back to London again sunday...HELP!!!!!!!!!! x
  • Sunshinemummy
    Good morning,

We received the quote for our ground source heat pump....£41,000. OH said we could keep the house warmer by throwing £20 notes on the fire....

DS1 has left to live in Cambodia (there is something wrong with that lad...he picks places to live that cause me a heart attack, the safest place he has lived was Khoh Lak.. which sadly was bombed the other day).

DS2 is going back to uni, and he is actually working over the summer... he announced he is buying a new top speck computer with his wages. I told him he is not... as he will be reliant on us to keep him/pay fees etc. he is not buying anything unnecessary He is not happy with me.

DS3 asked me to go suit shopping with him. He has to go to court for speeding. I may kill him. I've told him he needs to try all of the various suits on in the house, and find the one that fits best. He said he would buy what he wanted.... I reminded him that he has borrowed the money to buy 3 cars, undertake various repairs, pay for insurances, and recently took my credit card on holiday with him for emergency purposes and spend £1100 on it.... and each time he promises to pay back immediately and does not but goes on to spend money on more rubbish...

I am rather proud on myself....but I think non of them will be speaking to me today!! lol

On a good noted I am off to Goldsmiths with £1250 from Mr T..... whoop whoop...
  • Sunshinemummy
    altojack wrote: »
    Why do siblings stir things up for each other?

DS4 has dropped several hints that DS3 is cycling today , 100 road race here in Suffolk. He's said nothing to me but he knows how I feel about him taking part in this sport :(

Kids can be mean at time x

I think you could turn the tables... got some literature about sky jumping and tell them you are doing it... then go shopping instead! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure