Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    Options
    when are you due??
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great bargain.

Ref selling bundles of clothes on ebay, I've found its best to set a starting price near what you want to get for the bundle...otherwise if you set for 1p or £1 someone may get an absolute bargain and you'll feel cheated when you have to pack it up and go to the effort of sending it. I also think if you display things well it really helps push up the final price, so hang on hangers etc.
    It's such a faff though. I've got 2 bundles to do, but been putting it off....perhaps today is the day!
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

Due Oct 14th

Thanks for the tips. I really hate listing things on eBay and then to get next to nothing is so annoying. I have just sorted another wardrobe and another full bag of shoes. I think by the time I've sorted everywhere out I'll have lots my mum car boots most weekends so I may just go along with her one morning and sell it all off cheap. I'll probably end up with more than I would on eBay. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • System
    Options
    Good plan - I'm not always convinced you get the best deal on ebay - I think if you are selling a car you do, but other stuff not so sure. Love car boots - that's a great idea.
    I'm thinking about doing some choice charity shopping and seeing if I can raise funds that way - we got a Ben Sherman 3 piece suit last week for £10 (great charity shops here!) which i am sure I could sell for more on ebay (except DH wants to keep it!!)
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Ha ha men. Let him keep one then sell two to make your money.

My mum buys lots and sells it on it's like her little
    Hobby. She's convinced one day she'll pick up something worth millions.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning Diary,

More quite days here spent chilling and sorting more wardrobes and cupboards out.

Few spends on ordering bargains I've seen online...but these are all presents I'd of needed to buy at a later date somive saved a fortune. I have 4 friends due babies within a few weeks of me. Madness!! I managed to get 7 presents (a couple of Christmas ones) and gifts for all the new babies for £50 mothercare have a big sale on, if I'd of waiting until the were born I would have had to drive 40 mile round trip to a shop and buy full priced presents so I've saved a fortune and feel all prepared too. Winner.

Also Claire's accesories have bogof on 50%off times!! So another 4 Christmas presents ordered with delivery for £16!

Then a frozen doll £11 with delivery reduced from £25 for my nieces birthday.

Oooh also DP picked up my DS's click and collect bedding yesterday. He came home with massive box....they had put two table lamps in which weren't on the invoice 😄. They match our bedroom colour scheme so I'm taking it as karmas little gift to me for being good. We only had one lamp in the bedroom before so if I buy this a new shade it can go into DS's new bedroom! I've a big list of bits I want to buy /order for his room I'll make a start on this soon as really want it all sorting so I can transfer DS into his big boy bed.

All purchases made using top cash back so I have about £6 in them at account now. I've been trying to do surveys on mint vine but find it very time consuming for little reward....

So although lots spent it's all saving me money in the long run.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • System
    Options
    Guilt free shopping lovely! shopping online is SO much nicer than trawling around the shops. Have a good Sunday x
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Especially with a two year old who doesn't go in a pram!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Diary,

More quite days here spent chilling and sorting more wardrobes and cupboards out.

Few spends on ordering bargains I've seen online...but these are all presents I'd of needed to buy at a later date somive saved a fortune. I have 4 friends due babies within a few weeks of me. Madness!! I managed to get 7 presents (a couple of Christmas ones) and gifts for all the new babies for £50 mothercare have a big sale on, if I'd of waiting until the were born I would have had to drive 40 mile round trip to a shop and buy full priced presents so I've saved a fortune and feel all prepared too. Winner.

Also Claire's accesories have bogof on 50%off times!! So another 4 Christmas presents ordered with delivery for £16!

Then a frozen doll £11 with delivery reduced from £25 for my nieces birthday.

Oooh also DP picked up my DS's click and collect bedding yesterday. He came home with massive box....they had put two table lamps in which weren't on the invoice 😄. They match our bedroom colour scheme so I'm taking it as karmas little gift to me for being good. We only had one lamp in the bedroom before so if I buy this a new shade it can go into DS's new bedroom! I've a big list of bits I want to buy /order for his room I'll make a start on this soon as really want it all sorting so I can transfer DS into his big boy bed.

All purchases made using top cash back so I have about £6 in them at account now. I've been trying to do surveys on mint vine but find it very time consuming for little reward....

So although lots spent it's all saving me money in the long run.

I will be honest with mint vine i binned using it, i found with mint vine i was continually getting booted outta surveys.

try:

yougov
    uktoluna.com
    globaltestmarket.com
    onepoll.com
    opinionoutpost.com
    populus

theres a lot of survey sites that are too much hassle
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thank for the advice Huskyrunner. I'm currently on a one poll mission! Roll on the £40!!

Soooo lots of money spent today. £150 ish that's almost everything we need to decorate DS's big boy room and re paint the nursery. We'll be taking the money from our savings :eek: but while I have this time off work I want to get DS transferred to his big boy room incase there is a period of unsettled ness. I can't handle full time work while 7 months pregnant on no sleep!! I used top cash back where I could and we managed to get £5 discount on the cabinet we brought as it had a chipped corner but this was on the inside back anyway. :T DP has started decorating today but had to stop to head out to collect the bed I brought of eBay. I've put the sofa bed we had in the play room up for free on a few Facebook groups so hoping someone will come and take that off our hands in the next day or two. If not I think you can pay the council to take them. It's a good quality DFS one that we got as a bargain of eBay 2 years ago but it was totally the wrong material to have with a cat so Our car has clawed the arms and she's a white cat and the sofa is red so it's a bit hairy too. :mad: Hoping someone can make use of it though. I'm majorly nesting and need the room decorated and ready yesterday :D:mad: poor DP keeps saying yes to everything I ask. He's picked up an extra shift tomorrow though good for money but annoying he can't crack on with the room. We were out shopping 10-1 as usually we'd go for lunch if we were out and about and would normally spend about £30 we were behaved today though needed milk so popped to the supermarket and brought bread rolls so we could make a quick sandwich lunch when we got home. Also we both wanted a bottle of pop but decided to get a big bottle for £1 and chill it here instead of paying £2.50 for two small ones to drink straight away. He's a good influence on me.

I've a few bits and bobs planned this week I'm seeing my dad Thursday normally he'll take me for lunch or I'll invite him here to cook as he knows I can't really afford to buy him lunch back. I've arranged a day out with his dogs as the weather looks nice so it'll wither be the beach or a park for a picnic both quite cheap days. Then sat I'm meeting my sister and niece we have tickets to return to Lincoln castle, prison and castle walls for free as we went last summer. The castle currently have the Poppy's on display too. She is 7 months pregnant and being good with money too so we said we'd picnic then have ice cream as a treat. Then Sunday I'm going out for afternoon tea for a friend Hen do I couldn't make the big nights out as I was on holiday (I was quite happy as clubbing is my worst nightmare right now!) hoping to not go over my £50 pocket money budget this week. If I'm carful I think I can manage it all.

Right best get this child in bed In the night garden has finished. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income