We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 20 June 2015 at 7:35PM
    Just in case anyone is feeling spendy, crocus have 20% off this weekend. I've ordered Eucalyptus gunnii Azura ('Cagire'), Clematis montana var. grandiflora and periwinkle collection. After this dismal spring, I am going to plant 'thugs' that'll grow whatever!

From Morrisons, picked-up a broom Cytisis scoparius 'Firefly' grown as a standard; as such I doubt it'll be reliably hardy with me and will need to be in a pot.

Edit - decided to take a chance and just planted the broom after digging in a lot of grit. I'll stick a fleece over it and wrap the standard stem in Hessian.

Also, bought an aquarium, just an 10 gallon one. Should arrive tomorrow then I can get some fish (Zebra danios I expect) in a week/10 days time once it's settled.

Sun's come out this evening, not quite longest day but sunset will be a tad after 10pm, dusk about 11pm and dawn on Sunday 3:30am
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have a broom problem, planted a few & boy it's like a luminous yellow haze out there - a real danger to shipping.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    hi all....

ive had a real "god-ly" day today :D
    topped off with having my car "blessed" by a white robed, bearded chap swinging a smoking "pot" as I passed Stonehenge.... forgot its the gathering tonight !

met MR FISH and MISS RUBY... he definatley had a smug twinkle in his eye... im not saying any shinanigans in the rose bed was responsible but..... ;) :rotfl:

im sorry I always talk double dutch after my wilts visit but it goes with the territory !!

I was force fed what can only be described as a cake the size of a top hat.... be rude not to...:D

asbo dog behaved himself ...I was impressed ! bimble just destroyed every squeaky toy in sight leaving a trail of debris ...:o and old dog did her best to go for a walk but deaf/daft combination led to her wandering off in opposite direction an looking at us as if to say... why are you over there ??

good day had, as always
    many thanks
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind me popping in - I feel a bit like the prodigal son returned

Realise that I've basically not posted since my FIL died in October. Things were pretty rough at that time and then it was all hands on deck trying to get into the house before the Winter. OH says I "left him" in November, when I basically took the girls and moved onto a mattress in the extension, leaving him and DS in the caravan! They eventually moved in on Christmas Eve!

We have had more than a few disputes with contractors. They've either been fabulous or awful - no in between. And then more than a few set backs with poultry, with my beloved Betty, the Sebastopol goose, taken by the fox as she was sitting on her nest. It felt like I was never going to be returning with other than miserable news. So it's taken until June....!

Life is starting to feel more like normal, now. We have a kitchen (I see there is kitchen talk afoot). It's a full on free standing catering kitchen, made bespoke, which we are delighted with (pics to follow is I can work it out again), the house is nowhere near finished, but it's liveable and it's home.

We are now looking to the land. I can't believe it's four years almost and we haven't been as successful at growing veggies as we were in our small garden in Sheffield. Next on wish list is the polytunnel.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    welcome back rozee... missed you.

sorry to hear the sad news but equally happy to hear you are in situ..
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hiya Rozzee - welcome back. Sorry about all the rough stuff that's happened to you, but great that you are in. Your kitchen sounds marvellous.

Goodness - Alfie, midummer. Can't be - surely not. It's so cold & wet still.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    hi all....

ive had a real "god-ly" day today :D
    topped off with having my car "blessed" by a white robed, bearded chap swinging a smoking "pot" as I passed Stonehenge.... forgot its the gathering tonight !

met MR FISH and MISS RUBY... he definatley had a smug twinkle in his eye... im not saying any shinanigans in the rose bed was responsible but..... ;) :rotfl:

im sorry I always talk double dutch after my wilts visit but it goes with the territory !!

I was force fed what can only be described as a cake the size of a top hat.... be rude not to...:D

asbo dog behaved himself ...I was impressed ! bimble just destroyed every squeaky toy in sight leaving a trail of debris ...:o and old dog did her best to go for a walk but deaf/daft combination led to her wandering off in opposite direction an looking at us as if to say... why are you over there ??

good day had, as always
    many thanks

The dogs were all excellent! Bimble knows he is allowed to play here. :A. He loves me and I love him. :)

Asbo dog was amazing, watching him and dog dog play was pretty cool :)l. And I think old dog knew where she was going.....away from lecherous kiwi. :o.

We've been playing house :D all evening. :). Didn't make supper. :D Which means today our healthy diet was cake for lunch and crisps from fir's 'naughty drawer' for supper :o.

Always good to get blessed!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi rozee, great to hear from you again, though sorry you've had some helpings of biggish problems along the way. I hope the worst is behind you now with the house. It's so hard to finish things off when it's a rolling programme and you are constantly moving forward.....remember that from our last house extension!:o
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just to prewarn, my ipad is going in to the shop tomorrow afternoon along with my phone. Hoping to collect on Monday, but if might be offline for a few days, and If I am, I'm not In a ditch somewhere, just having some screen repairs etc. :)
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all,

Rozee, nice to see you back here, even though we are friends on the old FB.. Its nice to see you posting here..

Thanks for the heads up LIR...

We are only scraping the surface re- tradesmen at our place.. And we have already found out that they can take you for a cash cow/ mug everything we have done now by a trades person will be on a price per job, not on an hourly rate.

Just over 6 months to Christmas.....where has the time gone????
    Work to live= not live to work
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure