Smile's awful new website

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    pfpf wrote: »
    were you just prompted to switch to the new site or could you force it? this roll out seems to be taking an age.

I spoke to Coop Bank customer services earlier today - and was told the roll-out is due to be complete by the end of September.
    My Smile and my Coop logins have just changed in the last day or so - so yes, it's taken ages, but it seems the end is in sight... whether you want it or not...
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pfpf wrote: »
    were you just prompted to switch to the new site or could you force it? this roll out seems to be taking an age.
    No, I just switched to Co-op. Their 'new' online banking is the only one that seemed to be available to me.
  • "poor websites are fast becoming the norm, as web designers optimise their sites for mobile and often seem to trust to luck it'll work alright on a PC."

Including this website. The "latest version" is obviously designed to be mobile phone friendly with no thought to p.c. users.
    That's why I continue to use the "old version" which also works fine on a mobile phone in both landscape and portrait orientation!
  • ste_be
    ste_be Posts: 21 Forumite
    Thanks everyone - it looks like they are ploughing on with the new site even though it's not fit for purpose.

I'm sure I used to get an email warning me when I've got a secure message, but I've just logged in and there was a response to my complaint message I wrote, supposedly dated on 6th September at the exact same time I apparently sent the message (though I can't remember exactly when it was I sent it)
    Hi ste_be,

Thanks for your message and feedback.

Because we've improved our website, there might be issues along the way and any that happen will be fixed with future updates, there's currently no timescale but the digital team are actively working on all feedback provided and on any errors occurring.

We greatly appreciate feedback as that's how we can learn and improve going forward. You can also tell us about anything you'd like us to look at or change through the 'Leave feedback' link towards the top right of our homepage. This will go directly to our development team.

I'd also like to thank you for the link you've provided, I'll also pass that on to the digital team.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Thanks,
    Ciara
    FYI my original complaint was
    Complaint
    Like many other people, I am unhappy with the new website design which is seriously lacking in usability. I won't go over all the issues, which I'm sure you've been made aware of by many people. You can see many other complaints here:
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/smile.co.uk

You should seriously consider reverting to the old design and completely rethinking the new website. I will be moving to another bank unless any major fix is forthcoming.

Should you be able to give me a reasonable estimated timescale for some major fix, I may wait until that occurs before reconsidering. Otherwise, I will be leaving you soon, I am currently in the process of investigating better banks.

Looks like it's new bank time!
  • Tragen
    Tragen Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    I was switched to the new co-op site quite a while ago, and I do not like it either. The "old" site was good, very basic but it worked and felt fast.

Custom fonts? grr. I also dislike this trend of funnelling you through 3 login pages asking various questions, why not just put it all on one page. Sometimes I'm on a very slow connection (i.e. in a remote town in Peru) and it is just beyond frustrating waiting for their page loads and ajax nonsense.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    They will probably eventually get it back to something approaching the usability of the old website and announce it as some amazing triumph!

Most rail companies have also "improved" their ticket booking sites over the past couple of years. Try booking tickets on Southern these days, for example, it's not a good experience - not to mention the joy of actually undertaking the journey ...
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    No matter how bad you think the Co-op is, console yourself as it is better than Yorkshire Banks effort.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I was switched to the new co-op site about a month ago, absolutely hate it, it must be the worst banking site ever. Whoever thought it was a great idea to put the list of DD's in alphabetical order instead of date order needs taking out the back and shooting.

Anyhow, 3 days ago I logged in and it's gone back to the old site, happy days!!!! It seems to have coincided with the update of the mobile app.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Whoever thought it was a great idea to put the list of DD's in alphabetical order instead of date order needs taking out the back and shooting.
    That's the only bit I don't find odd. Every bank I've ever had, AFAICR, has listed DDs in alpha order; date doesn't make sense as most of them are monthly and the exact dates tend to vary anyway.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Biggles wrote: »
    That's the only bit I don't find odd. Every bank I've ever had, AFAICR, has listed DDs in alpha order; date doesn't make sense as most of them are monthly and the exact dates tend to vary anyway.

Date makes perfect sense.

If they're in alphabetical order you have to search through the list to see if they've been paid when tallying with an excel sheet, if they're in numerical order you can see they have been instantly.

It probably doesn't make a lot of difference if you're paid monthly tbh, but it's a hassle if you're paid 4 weekly as the date change makes a difference to which side of pay day DD's fall.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure