Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,639
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Siouxsie32 wrote: »
    I just discovered it by accident - love Living in London!!!

I wish I lived in London, I live in a village, where I have to walk 30 minutes to get to my train station and pay about £20 to get into London.

Congrats on all the extra payments people!
  • Kat, after reading your thread over 3 days you have inspired me to register on here and start being more careful with money.
    I'd not come across the term 'NSD' until I read your thread, but after bringing sandwiches to work for the last 4 days instead of buying each day I have clocked up a few now :)

I'm nowhere near debt-free but in a much better position than I was 2 years ago, and hopefully with your infectious motivation helping everyone I will get there quicker than I though.

• Mumsy sent me a card today - as a "well done" for being her bestest penny pincher with £10 for "emergencies"...I love my mummy!!!

A very quick good evening to you all..Killer you sound like you live in my home village - 2 miles walk to the bus stop that comes once an hour?...:rotfl:

IoweIowe - WELCOME!!!! I LOVE this money saving .. its is simply addictive!

More tomorrow you sexy savers!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Wowza! I finally got to the end!! :j:j It feels like days that I have been reading this thread on an off between finding my old receipts, sorting my spreadsheet out and dealing with a teething baby!! She is wonderful really, it's the teeth I hate. If we all had no teeth and lived on puree then we probably wouldn't spend nearly as much eh?!

Now I feel incredibly shy, after lurking for so long I feel like you're all my best friends but you don't even know me!! Hahaha!!!:rotfl:

I will get a signature sorted out.. My indebted days are numbered as well & this is whilst on maternity leave from work, with an OH earning approx £250 a month. (If I can have a baby Happy, then you surely can! Get those credit cards paid!!)

I have £450 owing on a 6 months interest free credit card, and a final £423.28 owing on a superseriously high interest MBNA card :mad:, which I currently have £51 in my savings to add to the money they already took this month! :D Gone by Xmas folks!

You are all incredibly inspiring, although I fear my capacity to earn more at the moment is slightly limited. I've been going in to work 1-2 days per month all maternity leave, to complete month end and keep the place ticking over, but have now run out of these 'keeping in touch' days, so the boss lady has agreed to pay me in vouchers for the final few days til January when I go back :) first installment Monday!!

Now that I have completed my task of catching up, I am going to bed, to be awoken in a couple of hours by my little Jellytot!

Hello, and goodnight!! :)

Lily xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Lily - thank you for persevering through all the pages... And WELCOME along for the ride. Seems like you will have all this paid off very soon and we can get you on to the "savings" bandwagon... whatever your situation we can all find ways to help you...for now sleep well..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • :-) hi Lilly, well done for powering through and welcome aboard :-) you can be a cheerleader or a NOvember member I was too much of a wuss for ninjas whip haha.

I hope the oz lady has paid talking of whips. Night night folks xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Good Morning Kittens..

My goodness I am tired! Yet am raring to get through another NSD. I have a few leaving do's to go to tonight yet might duck out of both of them. I need to rest a little I think... re-charge my Kat batteries and do some baking!

I have been hit with a new dilemma! I am going on a walking weekend in December with some friends. I love hiking and really miss getting out and about. This has been planned for a while but only date settled recently - so now I need some new stuff...

In 2010 I bought a lot of outdoorsy bits and bobs in order to travel for a month through Russia, Siberia, Mongolia and China on the Tran-Siberian Railway. I have excellent boots and a very expensive walking coat and fleece.. and trousers. Yet I have another expedition planned and would like the few new bits I buy to last a lifetime so to speak.

So I need a rucksack that is big enough for all my work things to be carried on the bike ( including gym kit, food and change of clothes and shoes x 2 ) but not to big if I want to take it for a short weekend, I need a lovely torch ( yes I do and preferably a maglite )... a few base layers ( tight long-sleeved tops ), a compass, hat and glove, etc etc and so the list goes on.. phew!

Now - the most important thing here is to remember I am also prepping for the possible arrival of a Zombie Apocalypse. I have the motorbike ( like Alice in Resident Evil ) already because we all know when the time comes, or at the end of any doomsday movie someone always escapes on a motorbike. And the key is always in a jar of rusty nails on the shelf above your head. Oh and the tank is always full. However if you cannot keep the thing upright you are doomed ( think Zombieland )... then possible shredded and eaten...

So.. If I have all the basic survival kit I should be able to survive in the wild for good.. warm clothing, good rucksack, ( Lara Croft in her Tombs ) sturdy boots to climb to higher regions where the population is smaller.. a compass to find my bearings .. binoculars to keep eyes on the slow-moving chompers.. a tent will just be silly, tying yourself into the branches of a tree a la Katniss Everdeen ( the Hunger Games ) is more like it...

So if I amalgamate the basics of all these [STRIKE]heroines[/STRIKE] women I could have the ultimate survival kit. I just don't feel a head-splitting axe is necessary in the Cotswolds do you..

Right where was I going with all this.... ah yes. How do I pay for it?
  • Yikes...

I truly understand why you need all that... However, not ALL of it is necessary right now or for this trip.. The rucksack sounds like an excellent plan, daily use (you can use it to store coupons & cheques that you don't cash for weeks ;)) on the bike. But you've got a snuggly coat, trousers, tops etc. I'm pretty sure if you ask your friends, someone will already have a torch, compass etc etc. Do you NEED to have them as well for a weekend in the cotswolds? Or is the Zombie Apocalypse coming then & I didn't know?

So cut the shopping list for now to rucksack, and sell snuggles to the nearest rich old guy to pay for it!!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie

• So cut the shopping list for now to rucksack, and sell snuggles to the nearest rich old guy to pay for it!!

Mwah ha ha ha!!! I need a torch though unfortunately.. Might as well get a proper one that I can club a Zombie to death with as well... Okay and socks. I own two pairs that are thread bare..( hate them seen under any trousers so always go bare foot unless wearing boots )...

Right lets line up some oldies...; - )

Zombies are bound to happen sooner or later... and I ain't taking none of you with me, you'll just slow me down..
  • Now this is where i think I can help, I've been reading with interest.
    Didn't you say you had joined swagbucks kat? Get earning your Amazon vouchers on there & that can pay for your maglite & hopefully most of the rucksack & may stretch to some decent socks, hat knit/make your own & I agree anything else you probably don't need quite yet for your weekend trip
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure