Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,639
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 December 2012 at 5:00PM
    It's the headcold one. They don't know that I have fibro... /cough

2013 being about you seems pretty good to me. :D

You're on p@nel ba*e right? Did you manage to get onto the £20 four day survey? Easy easy money.
  • Hi everyone, well today I did something momentus, I CUT UP MY CREDIT CARD!!! Now I can't spend at all apart from wages from either of my jobs. There is no back up plan so if I run out I run out!!!

I WILL PAY OFF MY DEBTS!!!!!!
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • Well done miss that's great. Killer I noticed the difference when he couldn't understand my need to pay my debt off he said don't pay !! But then money burns a hole in his pocket. We agree to disagree lol x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Hi everyone, well today I did something momentus, I CUT UP MY CREDIT CARD!!! Now I can't spend at all apart from wages from either of my jobs. There is no back up plan so if I run out I run out!!!

I WILL PAY OFF MY DEBTS!!!!!!

WHOOP WHOOP!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I like this attitude - this is hardcore, smash those debts, barbaric ruthlessness - WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE!!! :p
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • I have not a lot to say today other than its my work do. I am going out to spend the least amount of money anyone can possibly get away with...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...and hopefully leaving very soon...

I have my knee-high leather boots to keep me warm under my long red Christmas dress....

I am REALLY special!!! :p
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Have a lovely time xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • mayfair1985
    mayfair1985 Posts: 496 Forumite
    edited 13 December 2012 at 1:45PM
    Hello all!

Long time lurker.... Just wanted to pop in and say you lot are amazing. Seriously. Keeping watch on this thread over the past few weeks has motivated me into getting straight, having my (second of third?) LBM and putting what I know into practice. Yay you lot. Yay.

So just wanted to say thank you.

Now I'm here do I have to come clean? :D
  • Hi mayfair glad to see our ramblings have spurred you on :) no pull up a chair and have a virtual tea ;) ninja is at a party haha x
  • mayfair1985
    mayfair1985 Posts: 496 Forumite
    edited 13 December 2012 at 3:59PM
    Consider that chair pulled :j

I'll give a bit of background, it's only fair :)

So, basically a wedding and a forced move and a few bad decisions in between have led to the below totals. I rent with the hubs and a lodger who's having a mid life crisis. We both work full time.

Had a bit of a job security wobble back in October and had to sit down and assess. It made me look and think, if anything did happen to either of our jobs we'd be up the creek. It's all very manageable when the moneys coming in but what happened if it stops?

And then here I am :)

So it's made up of
    1. CC Paid
    2. CC Almost paid
    3. CC Gargantuan - next focus
    4. Something to pay back with 0% - Will be gone on 01/03 so not too upset with it not being a focus
    5. Something else 0% - As above, only sitting at £40 a month, finishes in Feb 14, even though it's not a priority, I don't want to still be 'paying' it then. (Early exit fee, just want the money sitting in the account ready to go IYSWIM)
    6. OD - Charged at about a tenner a month so not as priority as the CC no. 3
    7. Bank of M&D - Genuinely in no rush. They have a little bit a month and have told us to stop but I'm NOT having that. They get back every single penny and a special treat at the end to say thanks.

So, that's me :) Since the LBM we've had a bit sort out of the finances and got it all in order. I've got a spreadsheet (or 2!!) and feel pretty in control at the moment. All Christmas presents (bar hubs) have been paid for with Swagbucks (Hours and hours and hours and hours worth. But total sitting pretty at £140.00 vouchers at the moment so NOT complaining, makes the boring surveys worth it). We've got the Xmas budget sorted... If I'm honest it's not going to be a particularly quiet one (not lavish an OOT either, just not very frugal), but I have made a budget to stick too. And we will. And this year, I am determined that we will have a wonderful Christmas, without putting ANY OF IT AT ALL on CC's. And for us, that will be a massive step.

So aiming to be debt free buy June. April would be amazing but I don't think it's possible. Anyway, the sooner the better. Long term plans are a Holiday and a contingency fund by the end of next year. I'd really love to save about £6000.00.

Long term we want a deposit for a house. But that's so far off I can't even think about it yet. One step at a time.

So yeah! Thread hijack, sorry, just felt a bit weirdo knowing all the ins and outs of your lot and not vice versa.

Ooooohhh party. Ours don't start till next week. Tea at my desk it is then :j:j
  • If you like Free things I love this one
    blackboxfreebies[.]com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family