Tales from the Avenue

Options

Comments

• TalesfromtheAvenue
    Options
    Largest refunds have finally cleared, so the money has been transferred to my bank account and YNAB updated. Thanks to this, I have been able to sweep another £31.80 to the holiday account, so need to make just over £70 now to pay for the hotel for our little break away at Easter. :)

I've also chased another refund for £40 ish (that I was assured would be processed last Tuesday after chasing it last week). We'll see how long it takes that to get to me. That should be able to go into the holiday pot too, hopefully.

I've just managed to buy a huge (120 wash) box of soap powder for £5.99 delivered, thanks to a costco voucher. I was running low, so that's perfect timing. :)
    :jDebt Free :j
    Savings targets:
    Emergency fund: £412.67/£1000
    Holiday fund: £30/£353
    Mortgage overpayments: A/C 01: £0/£340 A/C 02: £0/£2364
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I didn't need to buy DS new shoes after all as remembered I had a new pair in the wardrobe that my parents bought him a while back, but were too big. Tried them on and they fit him perfectly, so that's saved around £30 and a shopping trip with a shopping-hating 6 year old, it's a double win!

That's good isn't it. :T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 March 2017 at 8:19PM
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I didn't need to buy DS new shoes after all as remembered I had a new pair in the wardrobe that my parents bought him a while back, but were too big. Tried them on and they fit him perfectly, so that's saved around £30 and a shopping trip with a shopping-hating 6 year old, it's a double win!

Definitely a win! :T

I've just started using YNAB so hoping to start seeing the benefit within a few months once I've got a handle on it.

Naomi x
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • TalesfromtheAvenue
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    That's good isn't it. :T

It's blooming great Bob! :D
    Savings targets:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Result! Great stuff Ave x
  • TalesfromtheAvenue
    Options
    Naomim wrote: »
    Definitely a win! :T

I've just started using YNAB so hoping to start seeing the benefit within a few months once I've got a handle on it.

Naomi x

Good luck with YNAB Naomi. I have to confess, I've tried and failed with it so many times before, but this time it has really stuck and I am loving it, so do stick with it if you can. I don't follow all of the rules with regards to on budget and off budget accounts, but I have set it up to work for me, so I think that is key too.
    I'm definitely seeing the value of it already just two weeks in. :j:
    Savings targets:
  • TalesfromtheAvenue
    TalesfromtheAvenue Posts: 93 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2017 at 10:39PM
    Options
    I've had quite a productive evening today, so am feeling quite pleased with myself for once!

Got loads of work done well, at work, �� and had a bit of time to kill before picking DS up a bit later today, so I had a rare half hour wander round a shop I have a £60 voucher for. I didn't find anything I needed, so will save the voucher for another day.
    I popped into a clearance type shop next door and found some curtains for OH's bedroom renovations for £5, reduced from £35, so was pleased with that.

Tonight I've got all of my outstanding orders packed and ready to post tomorrow (I have a small craft business at home too). I was glad to get that done as had been postponing it continually for a few days... Unfortunately I need to spend most of the money made there these past few weeks on some more business supplies, so won't reap any profits from that this week.

I have also sorted out 3 bags of stuff OH gave me and listed 6 items on eBay for him. We have about 4 bin bags full for the charity shop between us which I'll take at the weekend.

Lunches are made for tomorrow; a load of washing's been done and put away and DS's homework is done for the week.

I have a decorator coming tomorrow to finish the last room off that I've paid him to do and then that's another thing ticked off the to-do list for this house. As I said, I've already paid him, so no extra pennies to shell out there.

I chased the last refund I am still due of around £40, apparently they are having 'computer issues' but it will hopefully be done tomorrow... I won't hold my breath though!

Off to shower and get an early night.

Night all xx
    Savings targets:
  • TalesfromtheAvenue
    Options
    Two of my items are ending on ebay today, currently up to just under £10.

A few more transactions have been updated on YNAB this morning as they've cleared. I'm 30p out presently and can't see where it's coming from, it's annoying me, so I shall try and hunt that down tonight.

DS and I are walking to the post office after school tonight to post a few orders, then I'm going to come to bake a cake to cheer OH up a little as he's a bit down presently. I have all the ingredients in so won't cost me any extra.

DS's room is being wallpapered on one wall today too, so we will have to shift all his furniture back and maybe clear his drawers out tonight. He has outgrown a lot of the clothes currently in them and any saleable stuff can go on ebay whilst I seem in the mood to do it.

I have been thinking that I would like to get some new flooring for my kitchen once the bathroom is done.
    Currently, the floor is very dark charcoal grey tiles which are really cold on your feet and make the room look even darker than it already is. So, the plan is to get some lighter, cushioned vinyl flooring and get it laid over the top of the tiles if that's possible. No idea how much it'll cost but I'm guessing a few £100 to get it done and fitted, so that will be my next savings target for the house I think.
    Savings targets:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done on the ebay sales and yummy cake :)
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the shoes, I've just paid out for my both of mine - dd needed school shoes and ds needed trainers!

Sounds like all is going well, refunds bar one back in your account is nice and you sound very organised with the decorating. Mine's at stand still until I get a cupboard knocked out.

H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport