Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ((( Code ))) ((( MU ))) penguin I know how rubbish it can feel but the fact that fancy dress manufacturers have completely unrealistic ideas about what constitutes xxl doesn't make you doughy, fat or unattractive, it just makes them idiots.

As it's something I've always struggled with I know it's hard to accept but you and your worth are absolutely nothing to do with what you weigh - try to accept that you're lovely no matter whether you're a size 10 or 30.

MU, well done for getting rid of the scales. It's all too easy to get obsessive about weighing every day and feeling bad if you've gone up/not gone down as much as you'd like. Basing it on how you feel in certain clothes is a much more sensible idea - one I sadly fail at most of the time and going running back to the scales and then beating myself up when I don't like what they tell me...

Tea - good luck with the work thing. It's understandable to be scared but I'm sure you're doing much better than you think you are. Paint on a happy, confident face and nobody else will have a clue that you're terrified.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Am fast moving from freaked out to downright p*ssed off..... these people were given a range of dates, they chose these ones. They both confirmed that they were coming (in writing).....and they're not here! They'd better just be late starters because if I've travelled all this way (and spent a massive amount of our team budget) and they don't show up at all I will be raging.

Have just sent an email asking what time they're around (politely!), with their acceptance of the meeting emails attached. Hopefully that will spur them into action but am not feeling hopeful.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2016 at 9:51AM
    Options
    ((((Code)))) Weight penguin -
    My problem that always got me down was that everyone always said I was too skinny, and did I have an ED :mad: But it's only now that people are starting to say that I've put on weight and am "a bit chunky", and that's :mad: too. Infact yesterday the subject got onto weight, and my Mam ever so nicely commented "well you've definitely put weight on on there"....and slapped my thigh. Just goes to show, that people will always comment on weight, and most people will never be happy with what they weigh and how they look. We put way too much pressure on ourselves, but sometimes it's just hard to be accepting of ourselves. :( It's amazing how just one small comment/observation/clothes shopping experience can just put you back down again. :( There's no way at the size you are that you are xxl, no way. That is some seriously skewed up sizing there.

Penguin end.

((((Tea)))) Well done for even attempting the big scary thing in the first place. I know it's your job, but it don't think I could even drive that far (I get panicky on motorways), you've sorted out your accomodation etc, so keep on feeling proud, because you blooming well should be!

Re the pokemon hunting thing. I can't believe people are giving randoms their mobile phones! :eek: I found out what the Abra evolves into, and now I want enough candy to evole it, it sounds cool lol!
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Lambyr wrote: »
    . Wouldn't mind playing a mage but having seen how rubbish AI tanks are at holding aggro I might chicken out for not wanting to get squished!
    Tanking is an art. Back when I was in a bleeding edge raid guild in Everquest playing a wizard I learned how hard I could nuke with each of our tanks. My aim was always to take the last hit from whatever we were trying to kill as it meant I'd generated exactly the right amount of aggro (and therefore maximum damage) through the fight :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon lovelies,

Don't ask another carp night of sleep. Mind you lodger almost got a smack in the face last night. He had half a bottle of wine and three shots of goodness what. So he was drunk. Said to me as he went to bed Night Big Girl :mad: He did apologise this morning when I told him what he said but !!!!!!!!!!

Penguin in reply to Code/MU and anyone else with weight/body issues

I struggle with my weight and think I really fat. And yes its hard to think you are sexy when you have big stomach and thighs. I am happy to keep the big bum and boobs :rotfl:

One the reasons I wear stockings, dresses and make up to make me feel more feminine and sexy.

MU/Code you both have men who love and adore you the way you are. They don't care what size you are. As its the whole package that they are attracted to. Lose weight if you feel the need for yourself or to get fitter. Not because of what you think other people think you look like.

I know that if I was man I would not be attracted to myself so do struggle with self image. And think I am gross. But lego man said to me the other night in bed you really are very sexy. Under normal circumstances I would have sneered or pulled a face. But I smiled to myself and took the compliment.

Its very hard to like yourself when you have had people keep reminding you that you are not pretty or slim or clever etc for a lot of your life. My lodger makes comments about other woman when I am sometimes with him. Like she has a big bum etc. I go excuse me you are hardly an adonis yourself. Hence why now unless someone is fit and ripped I wont listen to there rubbish about me.

You are all gorgeous sexy wonderful woman. Its easy to forget that. But you are.

Penguin end

I am dreading tomorrow. Have to drive lego man to his ex's to pick up a car of his. He went to see her on sunday and it seemed ok. But silly boy mentioned he was seeing someone and she got really mad and verbally lashed out at him. He was shocked. I found him in a right state when I got there on sunday evening. I will park up the road out the way and follow him back.

Catch you all later.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Took me a long time to learn to keep my mouth shut when I hear unexpected news, callie. In a way, it is good that she was not so past caring - again, it shows what a great bloke he is. It also shows what a great bloke legoman is that he tells you about it and he even has you near by to sort his car out. Don't dread it, find things to enjoy about the situation even if it is only different houses and watching a bird in someone's garden as you wait.

Gave MIL her handcrafted presents. She was mightily impressed. I expect they are all over facebook now! Normally I never like things that we have done but I was impressed too when she opened them.

Money continues to be somewhat of a problem but at least DH is cutting down now.

We are having some work done on the house next week instead of going off on holiday. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with he thought of moving stuff around and getting rid of things. I think it will be money well spent though as it should look amazing. I get quite excited about the finished effect.

Penguin death: I have decided that when I die, I want to leave my body - minus my brain which is going to a London University for research and minus anything that can be used for donation - to a body farm. Hopefully there will be one in the UK by then but if not it can be shipped to America. Wondering about how to bring this up to my DH. Probably not on our Wedding Anniversary that is coming up fairly soon, lol

End Penguin.

ER is moving to a nursing home permanently. This is great news as I will be able to walk there rather than needing a car. DH is delighted as he thinks she should have had better care for a number of years. It also means that family will be able to enjoy her company and friendship rather than be obsessed with the practical side of things. She has some paralysis which may or may not get better hence the decision having been made (with her agreement as far as I know).

I had a really lovely sleep last night and a good (pokemon-free) walk this morning. I feel good right now. And I am reading the posts and thinking of each of you.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 August 2016 at 3:37PM
    Options
    That's wonderful news, MU! So glad for you.

Tea, as elsien says the company believe you can do it, so take solace in that. Most people at work are winging it, I know I used to. I used to have many times of sitting in the office in slightly hysterical giggles thinking how ludicrous it was that I had a staff team to manage and a position of authority. It still seems utterly ludicrous to me that it ever happened. But I painted on a smile and looked like I knew what I was doing and it all worked out in the end. Most people are just doing their best, painting on smiles and hoping they don't mess up.

How lovely for you to support Lego Man, Calley! A lot of people wouldn't do that, he is lucky to have you. I vet he will be very grateful to have you there and to be able to have a cuddle afterwards.

Penguin reply to whitewing
    I gently explained to WaSp that I wanted to leave my body, particularly my brain to medical science and asked him if he objected because I would have taken that into account. Luckily, he didn't object at all and I was careful to explain why it meant so much to me and that I saw it as the last thing I could do to help people. I am sure if you take DH's feelings into consideration he will be fine End Penguin
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    How lovely for you to support Lego Man, Calley! A lot of people wouldn't do that, he is lucky to have you. I vet he will be very grateful to have you there and to be able to have a cuddle afterwards.

WaS,

Thank you. To me its just something that I would do for any friend to help them out.

Thats the type of the person I am.

I thought in sunday something was seriously wrong when I turned up. He said he was glad that we had made arrangements for me to go over and that he was much better once I arrived. In his words I must be doing something right :)

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WW - that's fantastic news about ER. Do you reckon that's part of why you got a good night's sleep? Penguin reply about death From the moment I heard that you can have your carbon compressed to make diamonds I've wanted to be turned into a pair of earrings when I die. If my brother outlives me I want to make him wear me :D End penguin
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How did it go Tea, did they turn up?

Thursday night is training night. The conclusion from tonight's session is that Gitdig has a cog loose somewhere, or is wired wrong, or both. Poor maligned Gitdog.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback