Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 4:23 PM
    • 5,072Posts
    • 21,325Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 4:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 4:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 9:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 429
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 24th Mar 17, 11:10 AM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 3,338 Thanks
    Izadora
    Code, I'm not surprised you're annoyed. Laziness is bad enough when it's just not noticing things that need to be done but deliberately ignoring a request to do something is pretty much guaranteed to make me angry.

HBS, I remember them doing that here years ago and I despised it. I have my work pass hidden right at the back of my card holder so that there's no chance of accidentally seeing the photo when I'm taking something else out.
    • tea lover
    • By tea lover 24th Mar 17, 2:58 PM
    • 7,916 Posts
    • 35,259 Thanks
    tea lover
    I just remembered that the clocks change tomorrow evening so thought I'd post in case anyone else needed a reminder
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 24th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    • 8,563 Posts
    • 15,187 Thanks
    calleyw
    Evening my lovelies,

Had a few bad days. Stayed in bed pretty much all day yesterday until AM came home from work. I slept most of the day and then last night was asleep by about 11pm and then awake again by 6am!!! how is that right? its not

Anyway AM is away for the weekend. I could have had the car for the weekend but I did not fancy driving back from the town he needed to go to as not sure of how to get out of it and had to do motor way driving as well.

Off out with my mum tomorrow to get her mother days present. As she wants a handbag and would rather she choose what she wanted than me getting her one then her looking at me and going lovely and never using it.

Please tell me why since I got back from walking AC. I have been cleaning. I have cleaned out the fridge and washed all the shelves and washed the floor in the same area as well.

Hugs, squishes and handshakes all round. Might go and do a bit more cleaning its easier when AM is not here as he would say come and watch a film or such like. When I am thinking no it needs doing now.

Everyone hope you get some rest. And thanks for the reminder tea. Mind you will probably forget by tomorrow evening

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • elsien
    • By elsien 25th Mar 17, 1:22 PM
    • 14,231 Posts
    • 35,063 Thanks
    elsien
    Mother's Day has been postponed for a week or two, in this neck of the woods.

I normally go into cleaning mode when I'm stressed and can't sit down, Calley. TBH. It's probably the only time half the house ever gets clean as I tend to the "it'll still be there when I get back" school of thought.
    I'm quite tired as it's been a difficult week and I stupidly left my alarm clock turned on - woke me from a deep sleep then I couldn't drop off again.

Hope you're feeling better today - I'm ignoring the massive jobs list and taking Gitdog out - he's not had a proper walk since his op on Monday and has gone into full on annoying mode. Tomorrow is planned as a car and garden day.
    Last edited by elsien; Yesterday at 1:25 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Gingernutty
    • By Gingernutty 25th Mar 17, 5:06 PM
    • 3,292 Posts
    • 9,885 Thanks
    Gingernutty
    I'm not dressed yet.

I have sorted the dry washing (sorting 20 pairs of very slightly different black socks was a highlight), done two loads of laundry, sorted out paperwork and filed it and sorted bill payments for electricity and council tax.

I might get dressed and pop to the shop. I might not. I'll probably go. Eventually.

I might even get around to sticking a programme and ticket from a John Malkovich play I went to in Birmingham on Tuesday. It was screaming bonkers with added concert organ. But at least I can say I saw John Malkovich live.
    Last edited by Gingernutty; Yesterday at 5:09 PM.
    Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway...
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 25th Mar 17, 6:49 PM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 5,888 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    I normally go into cleaning mode when I'm stressed and can't sit down, Calley. TBH. It's probably the only time half the house ever gets clean as I tend to the "it'll still be there when I get back" school of thought.
    Originally posted by elsien
    That's me exactly! If I'm stressed I can't relax so I have to be doing something, which means all those jobs I normally ignore.

Been out all day since very early at a big event for my hobby and spent the whole day on my feet. Consequently very tired now and stopped to collect a chinese takeaway on the way home, even though I had a big lunch and wasn't planning to eat much this evening. No lie in tomorrow though, as I'm getting up for the Formula 1
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 25th Mar 17, 9:00 PM
    • 8,563 Posts
    • 15,187 Thanks
    calleyw
    Evening my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

Hope everyone got some of the sunshine. It was nice here. Better in a sheltered area as it did get a bit blowy at times.

I tend to curl up in ball and worry when I am stressed

Penguin about Weight

I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life but I still can't seem to kick start myself to get off my butt and loose weight. I have gained another 3lbs this week. I did eat quite a bit. But have taken the dog out at least once a day for the past week if not twice some days and done 2 couch to 5 k week 2 runs!!!!!

Think I will have to give my cards to AM to look after for me. As no money or cards I can't buy anything.

God I am such a fat heffer!!!!

Penguin end

Well got my mum the handbag she wanted. Think she was hedging towards the cheaper end. I am like no have what ever you want don't worry about the cost. So she is now the proud owner of a leather handbag with so many pockets and zips I think she might forget where she put stuff Was not massively expensive £18.

Did a mini tidy up while waiting for my dad to come and pick up my mum from my house. As It was getting towards 7pm and I needed to take AC out as well.

Might go to bed soon as bored and tired and just can't be arsed with anything at the moment.

Hope everyone gets some rest. Take care

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

209Posts Today

1,348Users online

Martin's Twitter