Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Just read this on the Matalan facebook page. It's a competition for holiday vouchers. I will never understand how people can use personal tragedy for a competition entry.

We'd love to take our two boys and my dad to Santorini.
    Santorini is a stunning place and the only place I've been abroad with my mam who sadly died 11 years this year!
    We found out she had cancer and was given the talk in hospital to prepare for the end so I told her she was not getting out of wearing a hat for my wedding (she always had her hair back combed and never wore a hat even with chemo!)
    When we heard the sad news about the length of time we arranged our wedding in 9 days from booking it to the day all outfits etc. My mam made the ceremony but had to go back to the hospice on the afternoon. My dad had a bad turn with his chest so he wasn't there at the evening do either 1f622.png😢. My mam got progressively worse and died 8 weeks after our wedding. We never had a honeymoon as we didn't want to risk her passing when we were away and also couldn't afford it. We found out that I was pregnant after she passed so she has never met my gorgeous boys, my dad's health is getting worse and we've also lost her brother last year also with cancer.
    We've had a house floor resulting in being out of our house 9 months the full term of my second pregnancy (he was born the day after we got back in our home!) and I had a car accident in 2009 which has resulted in being left using crutches permanently now and on a cocktail of medication which still doesn't numb the pain!
    Our family has been through so much this last decade we could do with something good to happen to us!!
    Sorry for such a long post but I felt I had to put it all in!! 1f622.png😢
    My boys would love a holiday as they've never been away neither has my dad!! Thanks for reading xx

What are the instructions for the comp?!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Blueyez wrote: »
    What are the instructions for the comp?!

You have to put down 'a dream destination' you'd like to go to and why.
    In other words, fill yer boots with the sob stories (although the one that I've just seen about Turkeys made me smile)
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 March 2017 at 3:59PM
    https://www.facebook.com/Morrisons/videos/1347304261994418

The people entering this competition are literally being verbally abused, that is just disgusting :(

Yes, I drink milk as I am sure many others on here do, but if you didn't I wouldn't verbally abuse you.

I would never enter a comp for real fur but if you wanted to that's your choice, and I wouldn't verbally abuse you.

Which competitions people want to enter is their choice

Live and let live ;)
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    What I don't understand is why people pour their hearts out for random entry comps? The matalan voucher above is a random draw!

too many comps..not enough time!
  • dontone
    mansey wrote: »

The people entering this competition are literally being verbally abused, that is just disgusting :(

Yes, I drink milk as I am sure many others on here do, but if you didn't I wouldn't verbally abuse you.

I would never enter a comp for real fur but if you wanted to that's your choice, and I wouldn't verbally abuse you.

Which competitions people want to enter is their choice

Live and let live ;)

I know that we knock some of the stories that are posted on FB and the like, but some of the comments posted on this particular competition are disgraceful. There are even comments naming serial killers fgs!!
    This has to be one of the best cases of companies running comps to consider using a form.
    Some people look like they need to take the pole out of a certain orifice.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 March 2017 at 11:31PM
    mansey wrote: »

I too think live and let live, so all those, preachy, self-righteous replies make me want to explode! It's certainly not a phrase in those particular commenters' vocabulary.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Oh no... that woman with the "son on bended knee" from all the Valentines posts, is back with a vengeance. Today she's posting everywhere about how she needs cheering up after the wedding, and "here's a picture of my lovely son with his new wife" on every post. :doh: :wall:
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    cagsd wrote: »
    Oh no... that woman with the "son on bended knee" from all the Valentines posts, is back with a vengeance. Today she's posting everywhere about how she needs cheering up after the wedding, and "here's a picture of my lovely son with his new wife" on every post. :doh: :wall:

It will be the baby photos next :rotfl:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • dontone

He lives in Michigan......... She never said!!! *groan* :doh::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Be Lucky

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    edited 25 March 2017 at 12:49AM

Called it a few posts back! :D
    2018 wins-12wins
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family