Onecom

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    You need to follow the (always) path and contact the WRT rather than posting an anonymous description on here.
  • OnecomHelp
    OnecomHelp Posts: 2 Organisation Representative
    Hi A.C,

So that we can investigate your concerns fully can I please ask that you email in to [EMAIL="care@onecom.co.uk"]care@onecom.co.uk[/EMAIL] with your full name and mobile number?

Please use moneysupermarket in the subject heading so we can pick this up urgently.

Many thanks,
    “Verified Company
    I am the official company representative of Boots. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • am59
    am59 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2017 at 3:51PM
    After several abortive attempts to secure a Samsung S8 on both the Vodafone and CPW websites I ventured into a CPW shop. The helpful sales guy there then endured over an hour of circular phone calls trying to match my details with my Vodafone account with no luck, only to be eventually told he couldn't do it as my contract was with OneCom and I'd need a PAC code from OneCom to keep my Vodafone number (which I've had 10+ years) with the new Vodafone contract I wanted.

I then spent another hour trying to get a PAC code from OneCom, another circus of circular phonecalls between OneCom and Vodafone. I asked 6 times for my PAC code. I was still standing in the CPW shop throughout this. THE CPW staff were amazed I was being stonewalled by OneCom and their hard sell tactics. Eventually they agreed to email me a PAC request for me to sign/return by post.

Of course the deals/offers I was after expired last week.

As my last contract renewal/upgrade was done in a Vodafone store I'm confused as to how it is now a OneCom account. I was out of contract last month.

I'm now at the point I no longer want to renew with Vodafone.

Angus
  • hi jenny - maybe you can help me regarding my complaint -- tho i havnt posted on mse in general about this
    I joined onecom in good faith on 15th February 2017. I have previously been with t noble ornage and EE for over 30 years with no probllems. The problem i had was that i had 4 contracts in my name for me and my 3 boys all starting and ending at various time ad onecom seemed to offer the solution. Everything was capped on the data so i could ovoid over charges.

I got two new phones - unlimited calls and text on 4 lines and plenty of data. However at the end Marc I got a £505 bill taken out of my account. Several call to customer services later and i was told that i had gone over my data allowances but i told them i had been offered capped services. They went away to check the recordings and confirmed everything was capped. Rather than me pay the correct bill they told me they would do a refund to my acccont of £367 then i could pay the £505. I was told this would happen on 4 th April but t didnt. I calqled and was told it would be 9th and it wasnt. on the 13th ish suddenly my whole account for me and 3 boys was suspended. I calleI sent several emails via my dads phone and the suspension was lifted as they said it was there fault as the refund had missed the payment run therefore i hadnt received it. A refund was received of £303 but i called as this was short and meant to be higher. I was told someone would get back to me - despite several email to Sarah Lewrie i have hadd no reply. In the meantime am i to pay the £505 and waitt fo a further refund. I was told tthey would look into this.

I was in south africa in April for holidays - as a single mohter of 3 boys and on the 12/13 suddently phone was susopended. I was in an extremmely vuknerable positiions as it was. This was apparently for non payment of bill that wasnt my fault anywaya as it shoudld never had happened. Several calls and emails later and suspension was lifted. At a cost to my fathers phone bill.

Before going to South Africa we discussed Wordwide travellor as made sense and agreed this would be put on my line (capped of course on the data but blocked on the boys line as at £5 a day for all 4 of us wouild be too much but ok on the one line. This allowed the boyus to hotspot to my data. I got a text that my cap was reached around the 12th but data was still being used. As i am capped i called onecom from south africa and told not to worry as this was a pre warning that it was all about to end - we discussed that it was capped so no need to worry etc. A day later i get another text saying data cap is rreached but am worried as data stil being used and i call and am told no to worry as cap is on - was worried as they said worldwide only went on aroung 10th and i am like no it was discussed and sorted before the holdiay as it makes sense going abroad - sarah lewrie can confirm all this. I told them i was worried aoubt end of aprul bill and told it was ok as capped. Saraqh Lewre was also ging to look into everything to check all is ok.

So today over £1700 ttaken via one com from my account - thats more than i earn a month. I dont know whast to do - i a tioed into a contract with yourselves so cant leave - yet cant pay stupid amoutnts of bills - i haave heeard other scare storeies of peope with vodaphne .
    i called to ensure my holdiay to south afrcca ran smoothly - i should have only lad a bill if £127 plu £5 a day

Also when i returned from south africa my phone was working but not the data. I called againa dn was told to turn aeroplane mode off ad on etc . it didnt work and i called and they had made a mistake and put roamig back on again

Really i would like t leave - cancel the contracs with no payment as really i should be compensated with this catalogue of error. Orr at least draw a line and start a fresh as it is aq complete shambles. I will call again aat 9 to get it sorted but if no resolution to this it wilg o to ombudsman as i dont have any option
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just12345

Have you contacted Vodafone using the link in reply #211 ?

Keep it short though.
  • OnecomHelp
    OnecomHelp Posts: 2 Organisation Representative
    Hi Just12345,

Thank you for your time on the phone. As discussed I will liaise with Vodafone to investigate this and will call you back once I have further information regarding your bills.

In the meantime if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    “Verified Company
    I am the official company representative of Boots. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Onecom and Vodaphone are partners so complaining about one to the other is pointless
    Vodaphone could stop the underhand practises of onecom, they dont because they are making HUGE money off them.

I have a 2 year contract on a pad that I told them repeatadly I didnt want and wouldnt use.
    Deadlock letters, Omsbudsman and complaints to Vodapnone,
    the contract will come to an end eventually,,,,Onecom certainly no more of my business
    Vodaphone their boss I will wait and see.
  • I am going thorough a major phone problem at work.
    Back in august i went to Cape Verde - At the time i didn't think anything of it as i had the day before got Euros for my trip. Previous trips to Malta had caused no problems with my phone.

On getting back from Cape Verde i had multiple text messages telling me i had racked up a major phone bill of around £4,000 in data!

Onecom are saying i sent a text message to remove my Cap of £46 but i didnt!

They have even gone as far to send some code that shows i did!

This is a work phone and everything points to i did! but i didnt!

Can anyone help or does anyone have history regarding Onecom?
  • just12345

What happened in the end?

Really interested.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What are they suggesting you sent, from where and when?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback