Zoverstocks

Has anyone else come across these people when listing stuff on Amazon? They have the annoying habit of no matter what price you list your item at, undercutting you by 1p. Apparently, according to a google search they are one of the names used by Music Magpie to offload their cheaply gotten gains.

Its getting to the stage now where I am seriously considering if I come across them, listing the same item at a ridiculously low price, waiting for them to undercut me then removing the listing.

Comments

• Proc
    Proc Posts: 860 Forumite
    It makes perfect sense what they're doing - especially if they want to sell stuff fast.

No point under-cutting by something stupid like 50%.

And there's no point entering the market even a penny more expensive than your competitors unless it's a high-demand product.

They're undercutting you by a penny to now be the cheapest. They can only do this if you're already the cheapest; which presumably you are because you undercut the competition first?

So in short, they're beating you at your own game.
  • Fair point, but it can be a bit annoying if you are a private seller looking to get rid of a few bits rather than a major corporate player.

The Tescos of the CD/DVD world, much?
  • Hi RobertR.

The title of your thread caught my eye as i have bought from Zoverstocks quite a lot lately .

I use Amazon quite a bit and over the past few weeks have spent a fortune with Zoverstocks...i did seem to notice they were the cheapest.

To be honest i never seem to look down through the rest of the list at the other sellers.....
  • Hi Joanne, they are without doubt the cheapest, and their feedback suggests the majority of buyers are happy with their service, but I did wonder whether anyone had an opinion on, or had experienced their somewhat "zealous" sales tactics.

Still, alls fair, as they say!
  • qetu1357
    qetu1357 Posts: 1,013
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've bought loads of stuff from Zoverstocks via Amazon.

All very cheap, always the cheapest and only had one problem with a faulty game. And they gave me a refund without having to return it within 24 hours.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    They must use some sort of software to automatically undercut prices by a penny. They are a good seller, postage sometimes is a tad on the slow side.
  • I've used them a few times on Amazon, delivery is slow and on one occasion they sent me the wrong CD and it took five days and three emails from me before they got back to me to sort it out. I'd rather pay a little extra to a different seller.
  • I watched two different companies repeatedly undercut each other by a penny on one particular CD. in the space of a week it dropped by around 2.50, penny by penny. quite amusing to watch.

if they get something quite rare and pricy, creating a stupidly cheap listing to force them to undercut and buy it off them cheap would be one way of getting your own back, I suppose, but fraught with danger if somebody tries to buy yours and you don't actually have one to sell.
  • squack
    squack Posts: 633 Forumite
    I have noticed that one playtrader on there has got around Zoverstocks 1p cheaper policy by offering a "FREE 2p COIN ! I AM THE CHEAPEST ! yes, you will receive a genuine British two pence coin with this item! which you can spend in any shop!" lol
    squaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkk!!!! :money:
  • I had a transaction with them once - IIRC, they are selling off items that musicmagpie buy.
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure