Honeywell CM927

Comments

• Ruski
    Ruski Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    Well it must have been my lucky crossed fingers that helped :)

Nice to see that a large company does actually give a hoot and responds - let alone in a very helpful way - but Im sure it's only because you quoted MSE !!!!

Victory to the little people!

Well done for pursuing it

Russ
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day :D
  • fii509
    fii509 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Finally, after much internet trawling, I came across this thread. Our CM927 is doing exactly the same (installed Dec 2009). I will now email Honeywell with a link to this thread. Thanks to the above for posting :)
  • fii509 wrote: »
    Finally, after much internet trawling, I came across this thread. Our CM927 is doing exactly the same (installed Dec 2009). I will now email Honeywell with a link to this thread. Thanks to the above for posting :)

I did the same and Honeywell quickly responded and repaired the display free of charge.

In a world full of suppliers trying to rip you off, it's good to see a company that values its customers for a change.
  • Yes honeywell are one of the better co out there, you could always try sticking it in the freezer for a couple of hours ;)
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So there is a known design fault or a batch fault with the LCD on this model?
    I'll now be paranoid that mine is going to fail at any moment (about two years old). Grr...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Hi all, i thought i would reply to this thread as i have recently been 'suffering' the same problem, no doubt other people will be too.

We recently purchased a new house with one of these installed, the unit display was poor and the guy we bought the house off said it just needed new batteries - obviously not the case.

I contacted Honeywell via a quick Google search/question form 'honeywell tech support' and a few days later i had an email back from a very helpful guy in Holland asking for some reference numbers from the unit, two days after sending them, and a few emails back and forth i have been sent a brand new unit with very clear instructions how to pair it up with the receiver, batteries too!

Also a covering letter which partially reads;
    'As per our recent communication please find enclosed a replacement room unit for your programmable thermostat, CMT927, where the display on your current unit has become increasingly difficult to read.

Honeywell takes the quality and reliability of its products very seriously and whilst the product is outside of our warranty period of 12 months, as a gesture of goodwill and in recognition of the age for the product, we are supplying a replacement in lieu of a return of the failed unit'

I have to say i'm extremely impressed with the response, customer service and speed the replacement has been sent (9 days)

Massvie thumbs up for Honeywell on this one :)
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,224
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Have CMT927 myself 14 month's old now working OK but screen will go strange shades if left in direct sunlight.
    Working OK BUT now kept away from the Sun Light ( OK only a couple of times a year )
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • I am currently in discussions with Honeywell with the same problem. My thermostat is approx 2yrs old and was installed by our heating engineer and I don't have the receipt which they are asking for. I will keep you informed as to what happens next.
  • My CM927 display has recently started dying. Having read this thread and found it seems to be a common problem, I contacted Honeywell. Initial response was rapid, but when given further details, their reply was "sorry, it's over 5 years old so we can do nothing" even though it's actually only 5 and a half! Obviously faulty, so somewhat disappointing....
  • My CM927 display has started to fail. I bought it in December 2012 and had it fitted by a professional.

I contacted the retailer, and their response was that it was out of warranty as it is 2 and a half years old. I am debating throwing the Sale of Goods Act and the part related to durability at them, but I feel that it should be Honeywell that feel the pain for this.

I have contacted Honeywell via their website, and I await a response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure